Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS.NET COMMUNITY > Show Off Your Ride

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2011, 01:23 AM
Trying to be a Member

VQ35MM is on a distinguished road
Garage
Default Custom exhaust.

Just got a 2.5" custom cat back exhaust and y-pipe installed on the Altima. Sounds very nice, although as expected I did lose low end torque but gained some power high end. I haven't had a chance to really try it out on the highway yet, but I floored it a couple of times on the drive home and felt the power at high RPMs. I was looking forward to the NISMO cat back and Racingline y-pipe but I went the custom route for lack of extra funds. I am very satisfied with it over all. It isn't mandrel bent since after day's of searching any place in the Chicagoland area to do mandrel bent custom exhaust's, I couldn't find any. here are some pics. I'll post a video soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OnTheLift2.jpg (92.6 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Stock Exhaust.jpg (97.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg Stock_Tips.jpg (89.9 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg ExhaustTips.jpg (89.5 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg ExhaustTips2.jpg (84.2 KB, 10 views)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-14-2011, 01:31 PM
RLR Is Here.

Red Lion has a spectacular aura aboutRed Lion has a spectacular aura about

Looking good!
Yeah mandrel-bent is better but if you notice a performance gain and the price is right you can't really argue with that huh?
Old 04-14-2011, 01:57 PM
Trying to be a Member

Garage

Believe me Red Lion, I SEARCHED for a shop that would do mandrel bent but couldn't find one. The price was right, and im happy with it over all. I saved a lot money doing it this way. I can get some wheels now.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-14-2011, 10:10 PM

Diablo2424 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Diablo2424
Visit Diablo2424's Facebook Visit Diablo2424's Twitter

Yea Mandel benders are super expensive, not too many shops have them, and the ones that do usually charge a lot to bend piping, which makes it worth just buying a cat-back from a company...

But to be honest, unless you're a high HP race car, I feel like you should be fine with that custom exhaust for now, plus as long as it was in your budget, sounds good, and pleases the butt dyno, it sounds good to me! :-)
Old 04-14-2011, 10:49 PM
Trying to be a Member

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo2424 View Post
Yea Mandel benders are super expensive, not too many shops have them, and the ones that do usually charge a lot to bend piping, which makes it worth just buying a cat-back from a company...

But to be honest, unless you're a high HP race car, I feel like you should be fine with that custom exhaust for now, plus as long as it was in your budget, sounds good, and pleases the butt dyno, it sounds good to me! :-)
I don't even race Diablo, I just like the power when I need it. I've had kid's rev on me at street lights and I usually ignore them or return the rev and just let them speed away while I just slowly accelerate. Been there done that. I was always more of a highway racer. So since i'm not looking to time myself at 1/4 mile or street race, im just happy with the throaty growl my Altima makes. The high end horse power is very nice. That with the K&N intake is good for now. Next some wheels, coil overs and a sway bar, also waiting on my DEPO tail lights to come in the mail. In the future I might do headers but I think that will be once my warranty is up.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:23 AM
VQ35 cruiser FWD & RWD

importroller is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to importroller
Visit importroller's YouTube

the mandrel does make a slight difference over crushed, but IMO, unless its a race car it is not worth the price difference. Besides, you can get mandrel bent U bends cheap, and just have the shop weld them into the exhaust where you need it.

300+whp club 07 3.5SE Altima 6spd manual & modded 04 G35C 5spd A/T