Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS.NET LOUNGE > Off Topic! > Politic Bullshit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2017, 07:14 PM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sassan
Default DACA

You are, 3, 6, 10 or whatever young age and taken to a country other than the US, let's say Nigeria (or Cuba/Liberia/Slovakia/Russia/Japan/insert any country here). You learn the language, the culture, the food, the customs, go to school there, learn to tie your shoes there, learn to eat with your utensils the way they do, etc. etc. etc.

Then one day, someone says you have 30 days to leave the country and go back to the US. You haven't been there in 15 years. You don't speak the language, have never had a hotdog, no idea what the rules of baseball are because you played cricket, and so on.

That is DACA in a nutshell. Kids who grew up in a different culture, and now being forced to go somewhere else because of their parents' actions.

I am not excusing the parents for what they may have done, but I am not punishing the kids either.
Old 09-05-2017, 07:33 PM
Honda Sucks

wild willy is just really nicewild willy is just really nicewild willy is just really nicewild willy is just really nice

He must be reading the Bible. "The sins of the father"
04 Honda Oddy (POS)-GONE!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-05-2017, 08:27 PM
Learn to swim.

cpo_sharky has a spectacular aura aboutcpo_sharky has a spectacular aura about

If Trump was truly a heartless monster he wouldn't have given Congress 6-months to work out legislation. Nothing is going to happen to the DACA enrollees during this 6-month period. Nothing.

Essentially what Obama did by signing the DACA executive order was a circumvention of the Legislation Branch of our government. No President can make laws or order the country to ignore existing laws. That is Constitutional illegal. Period.

With all of that said, I'm fine with permanent amnesty for these 780,000 young adults enrolled in DACA.......IF we secure the border to prevent yet wave of amnesty children from coming around again in 10 years and again in another 10 years and over and over and over and over and over.

Illegal Immigration must be stopped. We can't take in endless open border immigrants. There are Billions of people that would love to come to America, I get it. The poverty around many parts of the world is heartbreaking, but we can't save them all.

deft, does this make me a horrible person? Seriously though, apologize to Nismom please and let's move on.
Old 09-06-2017, 06:44 AM

Al Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enoughAl Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enough

As I said in the Secret Service thread:

Quote:
DACA is a program created by the executive branch. The congress took up the policy and could not reach any agreement or pass a bill. The executive branch, in allowing DACA, broke the existing law. DACA is an illegal program as a matter of law. Presidents, as part of their oath, are to FAITHFULLY uphold the laws and Constitution. That means that even if they disagree with a previous law they are supposed to uphold it. Now they can work to change it but they can not disregard, ignore or rewrite a law that has been passed by congress and signed by a president. As such DACA has to be terminated as it never should have been created in the first place.
As part of the immigration reform that Congress is doing I think that the children should not be punished. As part of keeping the children in the country the parents MUST be deported and never be allowed into the country again.

Thomas Jefferson put it best: "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/...#ixzz2I3mJ17VQ
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-06-2017, 10:11 AM
Resident Lush

deft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpo_sharky View Post
deft, does this make me a horrible person? Seriously though, apologize to Nismom please and let's move on.
No because I doubt hard right republicans would agree with you, especially this part:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpo_sharky View Post
With all of that said, I'm fine with permanent amnesty for these 780,000 young adults enrolled in DACA.......IF we secure the border to prevent yet wave of amnesty children from coming around again in 10 years and again in another 10 years and over and over and over and over and over.
I'm fine with this, but as Sassan said, sending kids who were raised here to a country they might not have ever been after losing everything they've even know is cruel. It reeks of ethnic cleansing and is reminiscent of the trail of tears. Also Sessions running off after his statement yesterday was perfect, he's a fucking cowardly little racist elf, back to your tree to make cookies.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:29 AM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Garage

I would sorta be a DACA kid......was brought here at the age of 1 and my brother was born here. Difference is, we were here legally.

Even with that, at age 12, after going to school here my entire life (legally), having friends here (legally), knowing nothing but Tom & Jerry and GI Joe cartons (legally), only speaking English (legally), only knowing what Thanksgiving, Christmas, Pilgrims, St. Patrick, and 4th of July are about (legally), I was told to go back to Iran. I will NEVER, EVER, EVER forget the look on my father's face when he opened that letter and as he was reading it. EVER.

Sorry, but even if you "fixed" the borders, there are so many fucked up things with immigration system.......DACA is the weakest point to target yet the easiest, and that is what we are going after first? SMH.
Old 09-06-2017, 10:45 AM

Al Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enoughAl Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enough

^The problem is that DACA never should have been an issue in the first place. It was illegal and unconstitutional to start with. Trump is asking congress to clean up the mess that the dictator started.

And Deft for the love of god before you throw out the racist label read his record. He is the one that shut down the Klan in the south in the 1980's.

Thomas Jefferson put it best: "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
Old 09-06-2017, 04:10 PM
Admin

Garage

^and my point is, DACA was an issue before Obama/dictator/whatever.
Old 09-06-2017, 05:43 PM

Black Dragon will become famous soon enoughBlack Dragon will become famous soon enough

https://twitter.com/KFILE/status/904791884672925697

"You have people in this country for 20 years, they've done a great job. They've done wonderfully. They've gone to school. They've gotten good marks. They're productive. Now we're supposed to send them out of the country? I don't believe in that." - Donald Trump, 2012

Last edited by Black Dragon; 09-06-2017 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-07-2017, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassan View Post
^and my point is, DACA was an issue before Obama/dictator/whatever.
Sassan no it wasn't. DACA became an issue when a President, on his own, went around Congress and decreed that he was NOT going to enforce a law on the books. As I said before, I have no problem doing something for the people brought here as children. I have a problem with a President passing and shitting on his oath of office and acting like a king as opposed to a constitutional republic president. DACA is an unconstitutional policy and I have a problem with Trump giving Congress 6 months to correct it. By the rule of law, it should have been terminated on his first day in office and the issue should have been taken up by a duely elected Congress and Senate.

If anyone has an issue with that then they reject the rule of law and the country I heading down a dark path that only has 2 outcomes: dictatorship or civil war. Take your pick as to where you want this to go. I prefer the rule of law but will take civil war over dictatorship any day of the week.

Old 09-07-2017, 12:05 PM
Admin

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy's Friend Griff View Post
Sassan no it wasn't.

Griff, yes it was. It was just called something else. It's how I am here now, in a long fucked up path. I am sorry, but I cannot going to get more into it for personal reasons.

As I have said before, NONE of you will ever understand the issues in immigration until you have to go through it. And for that, be thankful.

For part two of your statement, I think pretty much everyone here agrees that yes, there is a process that needs to be followed and presidents should follow it. No debate there.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassan View Post
Griff, yes it was. It was just called something else. It's how I am here now, in a long fucked up path. I am sorry, but I cannot going to get more into it for personal reasons.

As I have said before, NONE of you will ever understand the issues in immigration until you have to go through it. And for that, be thankful.

For part two of your statement, I think pretty much everyone here agrees that yes, there is a process that needs to be followed and presidents should follow it. No debate there.
So I understand: You and your family came here legally then an immigration issue came up? Is that correct? If it is then DACA is completely different. DACA is for people that came here illegally in the first place.

I do understand immigration issues. I have sponsored someone to be here and all of the paperwork and meetings that that entailed. My wife was going through the process of becoming a citizen when we met and I went to quite a few of her interviews and dealt with ICE when they lost and delayed her paperwork and having to help her straighten that out. Many of my employees have to periodically renew their paperwork and I help them with that and write letters and have interviews. DACA is something completely different.

Deft thinks there is a debate. Michael Moore, Barack Obama, Cher, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer and every Democrat thinks that there is a debate. They are all wrong. Even worse they support DACA and actions like it when it is their guy making the orders like a king. True conservatives and libertarians are opposed to DACA and all actions like it no matter who is in charge because it goes against the Constitution.

Old 09-07-2017, 12:28 PM
Admin

Garage

Quote:
So I understand: You and your family came here legally then an immigration issue came up? Is that correct? If it is then DACA is completely different. DACA is for people that came here illegally in the first place.
Yes, but no. Sorry, big mess, can't explain. Leave it at that.

Straightening out paperwork or filling out a form is nothing like going through the process. Respect for what you have seen, but sadly that is only the surface.
Old 09-07-2017, 12:58 PM

The program you are talking about was a legal program. DACA was not legal the moment it was implemented.

Old 09-07-2017, 06:06 PM
Resident Lush

deft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nice

Quote:
Deft thinks there is a debate. Michael Moore, Barack Obama, Cher, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer and every Democrat thinks that there is a debate.
I do? I can't stand the people you mentioned minus Obama who might not have been great but sure as shit didn't divide the country like your boy has.
Old 09-07-2017, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deft View Post
I do? I can't stand the people you mentioned minus Obama who might not have been great but sure as shit didn't divide the country like your boy has.
now I know you are trolling and if you believe that you are a fucktard.

Old 09-07-2017, 11:56 PM
Admin

Garage

Quote:
The program you are talking about was a legal program.

N/M
Old 09-08-2017, 10:36 AM
Resident Lush

Quote:
now I know you are trolling and if you believe that you are a fucktard.
ok I'm a fucktard then, who hurt you Griff?
Old 09-08-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deft View Post
ok I'm a fucktard then, who hurt you Griff?
Nobody ever hurt me but you sound like an uncle used to regularly go 2 knuckles deep in your butt when you were a kid.

Old 09-08-2017, 11:44 AM
Resident Lush

Quote:
Nobody ever hurt me but you sound like an uncle used to regularly go 2 knuckles deep in your butt when you were a kid.
I don't have any uncles, thanks for trying tho