Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS.NET LOUNGE > Off Topic!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2016, 09:57 PM
You Big Dummy!

carfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of light

When someone repeats Left wing talking points I will call them a Left wing idiot.
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck........
"People shouldn't be so scared about this virus from Africa. He only has two more years of his presidency.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-14-2016, 10:52 PM

Magoo will become famous soon enoughMagoo will become famous soon enough

Carfreak. this is beyond the point but I don't get why anyone should get leniency after committing a serious crime. If you are convicted of a felony once in your life you should NEVER be allowed to have a gun. No affect on this being a free country.

Also, I think the argument with the NRA is, If the NRA did all it could to secure the selling of weapons, they wouldn't be too bad. But they seem to oppose and reject anything that affects their bottom line.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-15-2016, 12:15 AM
Learn to swim.

cpo_sharky has a spectacular aura aboutcpo_sharky has a spectacular aura about

Not sure what this fascination with the NRA is all about. Personally, I couldn't give two fucks about the NRA, they mean shit to me. But I do find it funny how the media and democrats have made them out to be this big scary organization, their boogie-man if you will.

If the NRA disbanded tomorrow, I highly doubt people would suddenly stop buying guns.....am I wrong? And who would the media and democrats choose to be their replacement boogie-man? They always need a villain for their agendas.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:37 AM
You Big Dummy!

carfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
Carfreak. this is beyond the point but I don't get why anyone should get leniency after committing a serious crime. If you are convicted of a felony once in your life you should NEVER be allowed to have a gun. No affect on this being a free country.

Also, I think the argument with the NRA is, If the NRA did all it could to secure the selling of weapons, they wouldn't be too bad. But they seem to oppose and reject anything that affects their bottom line.
Ever heard of Project Exile?
Of course not.

It was a project spearheaded by the NRA that made sure felons caught in possession of a firearm were not allowed to plea bargain away the gun charge and were actually sent to Federal prison for the full length of the Federal law that they had broken.
It worked fantastic in the cities that participated in the program, but of course it lost favor since those poor, disadvantaged felons can't actually be held accountable for their crimes.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Exile

Yeah, so the NRA wants to arm every last person, even felons and prohibited persons.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:38 AM

Black Dragon will become famous soon enoughBlack Dragon will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpo_sharky View Post
Not sure what this fascination with the NRA is all about.

It's the fact that they currently wield an inordinate amount of influence in Congress.

Last edited by Black Dragon; 06-15-2016 at 12:41 AM.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:47 AM
Learn to swim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dragon View Post
The Second Amendment wields an inordinate amount of influence in Congress.
Fixed that for you.

The NRA means nothing to most people, if I buy a gun tomorrow it will have nothing to do with the NRA lobbying Congress. Even if Congress were made up of 100% cold blooded communists, they couldn't do shit to the 2nd Amendment.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:56 AM
You Big Dummy!

Quote:
It's the fact that they currently wield an inordinate amount of influence in Congress.
If that is what bugs you so much then you must also hate the ACLU, SEIU, the gay community, the NAACP, the Brady Campaign, and just about every other hard Left organization.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:31 AM

Black Dragon will become famous soon enoughBlack Dragon will become famous soon enough

^How Much Does The NRA Influence Congress? - Infographics

Why did the NRA block a bill for universal background checks it once championed?
https://www.publicintegrity.org/2013...-over-congress

And ACLU, SEIOU, et al. don't promote ownership of something designed to spit out 4 grams of lead at 3,200 ft./sec. downrange. ArmiRite?
Old 06-15-2016, 09:36 AM
The goggles do nothing

RIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really nice
Garage

Very heated and heartfelt arguments here - and it's great...Just a request, let's do some more fucked up FL news, and see if we can get it over to the other thread:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/d...esort-39864336

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Old 06-15-2016, 11:31 AM

^that's totally fucked-up! Can't imagine what his parents are going through, especially the father. Sounds like that family is going to be set-up financially for life, courtesy of Disney.

On the bright side, it's not all bad in America's penis:

North Port officers celebrate autistic boy’s birthday after no one responds to invites | WFLA.com
Old 06-15-2016, 12:24 PM
Learn to swim.

I'm a total pussy when it comes to being anywhere Alligators live. If they get ahold of you while in the water, you're fucked. Hate to bash those parents, but letting their little 2 y/o "snack" play in the water of a typical gator-infested Florida lake is beyond stupid. It would be no different than parents in India letting their toddler play at the edge of a Tiger infested jungle.

Anyway, if I had to list my top 10 worst ways to die, being eaten alive by Alligators/Crocodiles would rank right up there with burning alive in a raging fire and falling into a wood chipper.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:57 PM

I thought the resorts in Disneyworld and its waterways were gator-free?

I stayed at Disneyworld once. If memory serves me right, it was the Dolphin Hotel. I remember seeing a shitload of largemouth bass but definitely no gators. On a nearby golf course on the other hand...
Old 06-15-2016, 01:15 PM
The goggles do nothing

RIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really nice
Garage

Yup...It was the lake (Seven Seas Lagoon) between the three main resorts, the Polynesian, Grand Floridian, and the Contemporary. We've stayed there before too, years ago.

Seems they've caught five gators so far.

Toddler taken by alligator at Disney's Grand Floridian in Orlando | www.palmbeachpost.com

A few weeks ago...

Saw this outside my door right next to walkway. Was till there the next morning called animal trapper. Bastard got away and wife scared shitless. She cant even watch cartoon snakes. Ended up being a black racer. Not venomous but quick as shit - hence racer. Sufficed to say missed day at work - went and stood over it with my machete about five times and pussied out each time. With it coiled up once swing would have sliced him 2-3 times. Should have manned up and done it, but that's hindsight.

I told her we're in Florida, this is their territory - we sould be lucky we haven't seen more (they're here), and that it wasn't a cottonmouth. Still sucked balls though...He was about 2-3 feet long, about 1.5-2 inches wide diameter.

Old 06-15-2016, 01:35 PM
The goggles do nothing

Garage

ALSO, did you guys see this from a few weeks back? so fuckin massive it looks fake

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXn1g0xtUMk[/YOUTUBE]

Old 06-15-2016, 10:42 PM

Survival tip: when in flori-duh, assume an alligator in any body of water bigger than a bathtub!
Old 06-15-2016, 11:55 PM
Learn to swim.

Quote:
Survival tip: when in flori-duh, assume an alligator in any body of water bigger than a bathtub!
Good advice. Even with a chance of a shark attack, everyone is generally far safer in our beaches.
Old 06-16-2016, 09:30 AM

dsuave624 has a spectacular aura aboutdsuave624 has a spectacular aura aboutdsuave624 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpo_sharky View Post
Hate to bash those parents, but letting their little 2 y/o "snack" play in the water of a typical gator-infested Florida lake is beyond stupid. It would be no different than parents in India letting their toddler play at the edge of a Tiger infested jungle.
I don't understand how they let their 2 year old just put his feet in the water of a lake/pond to snack. You know how much bacteria and shit is in that water, let alone the possibility of a fucking alligator. Beyond stupid.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:06 AM
The goggles do nothing

Garage

Agree. Tragic as it is it's true. AND this was at 900 AT NIGHT. Darwin wins, although it's on the parents.

We went to Orlando for Memorial Day weekend. These were all over the frickin place at the resort we stayed at - do you think I was fucking around with that shit - that I was going to ignore it with my family? Hell no.

Also - my back yard. Yes, it's nice blah blah...My point is that there are rules. No one is allowed outside the gate, on or off my watch - even though the risk of gatorism is relatively low (small isolated lake), THIS IS FOCKING FLORIDA, AND THAT IS WATER. WHAT PART OF THAT IS HARD TO UNDERSTAND??!?

Old 06-16-2016, 10:42 AM
You Big Dummy!

Parents were idiots to let the kid play in the water at night with or without alligators in the area.
But Disney is going to face one helluva lawsuit over this, guaranteed, since it happened on their property.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:50 AM
The goggles do nothing

Garage

^I predict a handsome out of court settlement. They have the bread.

EDIT,

Although...Seems a lawsuit may be in order:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...rt-in-orlando/

Quote:
The Florida resort did not have signage warning of alligators in the water