Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS.NET LOUNGE > Off Topic!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2014, 09:14 PM

Magoo will become famous soon enoughMagoo will become famous soon enough
Default Selling my car finally - Got 2 questions

Two questions.

I posted my car on G20.net like five months ago, someone just hit me up. The guy loves the car, however, is in Boise, Idaho.

He is sending me a Cashier's check then getting a shipping company come pick it up and I am wondering if I have anything to worry about. He said I can wait until I am completely sure that it is in my account.

Also, I am trying to pick up a new Wrangler. I figured I would finance a Sport. I will put $5k and finance about $20. I am looking for a < 3% loan if anyone has any ideas.

Thanks
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-30-2014, 09:44 AM
The goggles do nothing

RIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really nice
Garage

Check out hitting a bank/insurance company up for a loan - rates are <3% (depending on your credit, of course)

https://www.bankofamerica.com/auto-l...s-financing.go

https://www.wellsfargo.com/autoloans/

https://www.statefarm.com/finances/b...loans/vehicles

I know this might not be the way you want to go - but if you do you won't have to deal with the asshole-ish auto dealer financing process.

As far as the G20 sale - waiting until you have the money seems normal to me.

Good luck...
Old 10-30-2014, 11:22 AM
You Big Dummy!

carfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of light

As long as your bank says the check is good and it clears you should be OK.
Also make sure to use a reputable shipper that will insure your car for its full value during transport.
You wouldn't want anything to happen to it and you have to refund the buyer's money because he never got the car or it was severely damaged.

One of my uncles sold a 1930 Franklin coupe to a guy back east.
The shipper picked it up at his place and placed on the upper level of the transport.
When the shipper was delivering the car the driver wasn't familiar enough with a car that old and he didn't properly secure the parking brake or put it in gear before he started to remove the tie-down straps.
The car rolled off the upper level of the truck and landed upside down completely crushing and destroying the car.
Luckily the buyer had already insured the car and his insurance went after the shipper for the value of the car.

Moral of the story - not every driver for a shipping company knows what they're doing.

Good luck with the sale and your hunt for another car.
"People shouldn't be so scared about this virus from Africa. He only has two more years of his presidency.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-30-2014, 09:22 PM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Sassan

Shipping Wars.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:13 PM

Magoo will become famous soon enoughMagoo will become famous soon enough

I got approved for a loan from Chase for 2.29% financing for 60 months. I couldn't believe it. I asked them if there are penalties for paying early and there are none. Even better. I'm probably gonna go with them.

I just got the check today in the mail from the guy. I will be seeing what my Bank has to say about it as far as if there's anything to worry about.

The buyer is taking care of the shipping. For $1100 he's getting it picked up from my house and shipping it to Idaho. I'll make sure I tell him it better be a reputable company with Insurance.

In the meantime I am leaning heavily towards a 2-Door wrangler. Seeing as I have few friends, I'm sure it has enough room to store whatever stuff I need.
Old 10-30-2014, 11:54 PM
You Big Dummy!

carfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of light

Just be aware that Wranglers aren't known for their reliability.
A guy at work is a hard core Jeep fanatic and he says stock ones are crap.
He's got about $50K into his Jeep for rock crawling/street duty.
But he has a TJ, I think.
I know he said the 4 cylinder was anemic in the YJ.
Not sure what version the new ones are.

New Cars To Avoid: Jeep Wrangler, Nissan Xterra And More - Forbes
Old 10-31-2014, 12:36 AM

flarearrow is a glorious beacon of lightflarearrow is a glorious beacon of lightflarearrow is a glorious beacon of lightflarearrow is a glorious beacon of lightflarearrow is a glorious beacon of lightflarearrow is a glorious beacon of light

Did you read up on transfer of ownership in Idah?. do you have a bill of sales? How are you transferring the title over?

When I bought my C55 in PA... The seller and me had to do the transaction at a AAA office. There was official PA DMV paperwork that needed to be filled out, an approve third party (AAA) has to oversee the transaction, the title needs to be signed ovwr, yada, yada, yada
Old 10-31-2014, 08:26 AM
Honda Sucks

wild willy is just really nicewild willy is just really nicewild willy is just really nicewild willy is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by flarearrow View Post
Did you read up on transfer of ownership in Idah?. do you have a bill of sales? How are you transferring the title over?

When I bought my C55 in PA... The seller and me had to do the transaction at a AAA office. There was official PA DMV paperwork that needed to be filled out, an approve third party (AAA) has to oversee the transaction, the title needs to be signed ovwr, yada, yada, yada
Going through AAA is some great advice.

I am only on step one with AA
Step 1 - We admitted we were powerless over our addiction - that our lives had become unmanageable

Nevermind.....different organization
04 Honda Oddy (POS)-GONE!!
Old 10-31-2014, 11:52 PM
SuperModerator

Diesel Clown will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Diesel Clown

^lol