Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS.NET LOUNGE > Off Topic!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 04:57 PM
Low-Hanging Fruit

PsyKoH is just really nicePsyKoH is just really nicePsyKoH is just really nicePsyKoH is just really nice
Garage

I don't see how he could bring the whole network down by editing the autoexec.bat file...

SQUASHING ALL TEH FUNNEY!
Quote:
SIR NUPE A LOT
Your sig name should read "Ninja Edit Extraordinaire"
Quote:
AngryBot
Well when two admins fall deeply in love.....they can't physically have children so they adopt one and that's how a moderator is made.
Quote:
Griff
Hugs and no kisses (cause that is how I roll)
Quote:
Griff
Even my dogs were starting to feel sorry for Vick in the 4th quarter for the abuse he was taking.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-05-2013, 05:47 PM
I am not regret.

GcDiaz is a jewel in the roughGcDiaz is a jewel in the roughGcDiaz is a jewel in the roughGcDiaz is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to GcDiaz

Well something in that batch file is what allowed the system to boot up. Since I'd renamed it, the next time they tried to boot up, the file wasn't "there". DOS could be a real pain when your ducks weren't lined up.

To have nightmares, one must first dream. Early-life dreams become Late-life nightmares when there's no time left to remedy the outcome of self-induced ignorance or genetic inability to think and act.
-DPM
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-05-2013, 07:29 PM
Low-Hanging Fruit

PsyKoH is just really nicePsyKoH is just really nicePsyKoH is just really nicePsyKoH is just really nice
Garage

So it didn't bring the network down, just that one system. Yeah, autoexec.bat and config.sys were always a pain to reconfigure if your system was customized. I remember configuring those two to make a soudblaster card work and it was not pleasant.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:35 PM
I am not regret.

GcDiaz is a jewel in the roughGcDiaz is a jewel in the roughGcDiaz is a jewel in the roughGcDiaz is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to GcDiaz

Remember this was the day of 286; no HDD or operating system besides DOS 6.0, needed command.com on a floppy to get anywhere. So all the computers were linked to the one PC the teacher used, basically satellites with access. Taking down that one PC took the whole room with it.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:03 PM
CRAZY ASS WHORING MEMBER!

DeRaNgEd is a jewel in the roughDeRaNgEd is a jewel in the roughDeRaNgEd is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to DeRaNgEd Send a message via AIM to DeRaNgEd Send a message via Yahoo to DeRaNgEd

^wow I feel old. I am certified in DOS 6.22, I still have the cert LOL My first computer was a 386, ahhh the days when 2 megs of RAM was a lot.
Psykoh calling Deranged crazy.

I hate you all, so you can slurp my un-wiped sweaty taint. Did you bring a straw? If not, I have several for you to share.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:54 PM
Bow down

Nismom has a spectacular aura aboutNismom has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Nismom Send a message via MSN to Nismom Send a message via Yahoo to Nismom
Visit Nismom's Facebook Visit Nismom's MySpace Visit Nismom's YouTube

Too much to list - I hung out with gangsters and taggers., and I cut class so much they threatened to not let me graduate, even though I had more than enough credits thanks to a short stint in private school.