Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS.NET LOUNGE > Off Topic!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 12:44 PM

Al Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enoughAl Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enough
Default Guns and Roses in the R&R HOF

I don't think they should be in it. They have 3 of my favorite albums of all time (Appatite for Destruction, Use Your Illusion 2 and Use Your Illusion 1) but they have 2 really crappy albums with the core band and then ther is Chinese Democracy which is like God Father III. I just do not think that is enough to be in it.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-07-2011, 12:52 PM
You Big Dummy!

carfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of light

There are a ton of other bands that should be in there long before GnR.

Just dig up an episode of That Metal Show where Eddie Trunk goes on a rant about the bands that are and are not in the Rock and Roll HoF.
"People shouldn't be so scared about this virus from Africa. He only has two more years of his presidency.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-07-2011, 01:05 PM
Learn to swim.

cpo_sharky has a spectacular aura aboutcpo_sharky has a spectacular aura about

Madonna is in from what I understand, but bands like Rush are not. I'm not sure if they caved under to political correctness, or if they just have a very very broad definition of Rock and Roll music. Also, I personally do think Guns 'N Roses should be included.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:10 PM
Resident Lush

deft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nice

Wow the rock and roll hall of fame? WHO FUCKING CARES (other than the losers that live in Cleveland) Sports is the only thing that should have a hof, music? gimme a fucking break.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:22 PM
You Big Dummy!

carfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of light

Having a sports HoF is even dumber than a rock and roll HoF.
From a cultural perspective, music is much more important than sports is.
Everybody listens to music but not everybody watches or cares about sports.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:23 PM

Magoo will become famous soon enoughMagoo will become famous soon enough

Before this thread I have never heard of this Rock and Roll HOF. Is Queen in it?
Old 12-07-2011, 02:59 PM
You Big Dummy!

Of course Queen is in.
Freddy Mercury was gay, nevermind their musical contributions.
They were inducted in 2001.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:04 PM
You Big Dummy!

One of the most knowledgeable people when it comes to Rock and Roll/Metal.

Eddie Trunk Forums :: Index
Old 12-07-2011, 03:12 PM
The goggles do nothing

RIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really nice
Garage

Fuck yeah GnR should be in it. Up until Use Your Illusion 1 & 2 they were at the top of their game...Fuck all that Spaghetti Incedent & Chinese Democracy bullshit.
Old 12-07-2011, 03:18 PM
Resident Lush

deft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak67 View Post
Having a sports HoF is even dumber than a rock and roll HoF.
From a cultural perspective, music is much more important than sports is.
Everybody listens to music but not everybody watches or cares about sports.
You're talking about unathletic pussies who play acoustic guitars and whine about their shitty lives, alot of people love the competition and the physical challege.

That said sports have been around longer and music changes every decade (and we're only talkin about "r&r" here). Basketball, soccer, hockey, football, golf, rugby etc have been around for damn near a century (basketball, golf and soccer over that). Not to mention the racial barriers that had to be hurdled by people like Jackie Robinson, Ali, Jim Brown etc. Also the fact that people of every race watch the same sports unlike music, you think Sharky or Griff listen to Wayne, Drake, Wale etc? or you think I listen to anything prior to 1990? or classic rock (bleech)

Trust me sports are globally more important. /rant
Old 12-07-2011, 03:33 PM
RLR Is Here.

Red Lion has a spectacular aura aboutRed Lion has a spectacular aura about

^Yeah trust him. He's an expert posting on the internet, he knows!

KISS isn't even in the R&R HOF, so why should GNR be?
Old 12-07-2011, 04:38 PM

Al Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enoughAl Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZAMAN View Post
Fuck yeah GnR should be in it. Up until Use Your Illusion 1 & 2 they were at the top of their game...Fuck all that Spaghetti Incedent & Chinese Democracy bullshit.
They had a crappy album between AFD and UYI. Dont get me wrong I can listen to those three albums for hours on end but does having 3 good albums and 3 shitty ones really qualify someone for the HOF?
Old 12-07-2011, 05:42 PM
You Big Dummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deft View Post
You're talking about unathletic pussies who play acoustic guitars and whine about their shitty lives, alot of people love the competition and the physical challege.

That said sports have been around longer and music changes every decade (and we're only talkin about "r&r" here). Basketball, soccer, hockey, football, golf, rugby etc have been around for damn near a century (basketball, golf and soccer over that). Not to mention the racial barriers that had to be hurdled by people like Jackie Robinson, Ali, Jim Brown etc. Also the fact that people of every race watch the same sports unlike music, you think Sharky or Griff listen to Wayne, Drake, Wale etc? or you think I listen to anything prior to 1990? or classic rock (bleech)

Trust me sports are globally more important. /rant
Wow.
So because modern sports have been around for almost 100 years they're way more important than music, which has been around as long as mankind has?
Old 12-07-2011, 05:48 PM
Low-Hanging Fruit

PsyKoH is just really nicePsyKoH is just really nicePsyKoH is just really nicePsyKoH is just really nice
Garage

Slash alone is enough reason for GnR to be in the Hall of Fame... Sweet Child of Mine is STILL a kick-ass song even after all this time.

KISS is not in the Hall of Fame? That's complete BS.

PS. I don't really care about pretty much any Hall of Fame.

SQUASHING ALL TEH FUNNEY!
Quote:
SIR NUPE A LOT
Your sig name should read "Ninja Edit Extraordinaire"
Quote:
AngryBot
Well when two admins fall deeply in love.....they can't physically have children so they adopt one and that's how a moderator is made.
Quote:
Griff
Hugs and no kisses (cause that is how I roll)
Quote:
Griff
Even my dogs were starting to feel sorry for Vick in the 4th quarter for the abuse he was taking.
Old 12-07-2011, 06:04 PM
Resident Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak67 View Post
Wow.
So because modern sports have been around for almost 100 years they're way more important than music, which has been around as long as mankind has?
Yes in this sense, there's no divide amongst the races (expect hockey) in team sports, so in terms of being important to cultural it's bigger than music because music has never done that. Also sports influence our economy more than music and last I checked 100+ million people don't tune in to watch concerts.

Also how about the fact that in about 10 years there will be nobody else to put in this joke of a hall? not sure if you've listened to shit out there now, rock and roll died 20 years ago. This has a limited lifespan whereas sports do not. Plus what the basis for getting in? if it's selling record then Beiber should be the next one enshrined.

I don't know maybe this is an age thing, never heard some of the people in there.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:24 AM
Bow down

Nismom has a spectacular aura aboutNismom has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Nismom Send a message via MSN to Nismom Send a message via Yahoo to Nismom
Visit Nismom's Facebook Visit Nismom's MySpace Visit Nismom's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy's Friend Griff View Post
my favorite albums of all time ( Use Your Illusion 2 and Use Your Illusion 1)
This explains SO much...starting with the Lambs.
Old 12-08-2011, 11:37 AM

^Dude you like the beastie boys. You have as much room to talk about music as Jerry Sandusky does about Michael Jackson.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:51 PM
You Big Dummy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismom View Post
This explains SO much...starting with the Lambs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy's Friend Griff View Post
^Dude you like the beastie boys. You have as much room to talk about music as Jerry Sandusky does about Michael Jackson.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:04 PM
VQ35 cruiser FWD & RWD

importroller is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to importroller
Visit importroller's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by deft View Post
Yes in this sense, there's no divide amongst the races (expect hockey) in team sports, so in terms of being important to cultural it's bigger than music because music has never done that. Also sports influence our economy more than music and last I checked 100+ million people don't tune in to watch concerts.

Also how about the fact that in about 10 years there will be nobody else to put in this joke of a hall? not sure if you've listened to shit out there now, rock and roll died 20 years ago. This has a limited lifespan whereas sports do not. Plus what the basis for getting in? if it's selling record then Beiber should be the next one enshrined.

I don't know maybe this is an age thing, never heard some of the people in there.
are you serious?

Music has done more for equality than any sport has. music can break down barriers way more than sports. How many people remember who won a superbowl on any given year or a world series to those who can pinpoint times in history solely based on the music they heard. most music came from an african background and has then been merged into every society on the planet.

300+whp club 07 3.5SE Altima 6spd manual & modded 04 G35C 5spd A/T
Old 12-08-2011, 06:53 PM
Resident Lush

^ give me an example from the last 20 years other than Alan Jackson crying about 9/11?

It seems so cheesy to have a hall of fame specifically for rock and roll. Make it a true music hall then maybe, but rock is dead.