Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS.NET LOUNGE > Off Topic!
View Poll Results: Who do you like?
Macain 6 27.27%
Clinton/Obama 13 59.09%
None of the above 3 13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
  1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-18-2008, 07:22 PM
Brodys the man!

rick66 is on a distinguished road
Default Help! Pre-Election Poll...who do u like?

Im at a complete loss for who to vote for this year since I havnt really heard any of the debates. So...vote and leave a post of the 1 thing you like best about your choice. Maybe you guys can help me decide and Im sure there will be some varying opinions.
Right now Im leaning toward McCain because I think the republicans are gonna be more apt to fix some of the illegal immagrant problems. But I think Clinton has a better chance of balancing the budget...with the help of Bill. Damn...Im confused which way to go!

05 3.5 SE Satin White
Nismo CAI, Rays Eng. Nismo 18x8.5 w/BFG 245/45Z/18, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, SER Tails & R. Bumper, SER Springs/Struts/Shocks,
Stillen Rear Sway Bar, Stillen Front Lip, Active Tuning S5 Grille, 20% Tint and M3 Rear Window Spoiler

Gallery Pics- http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/c...t=f80bb212.pbw

Last edited by rick66; 03-18-2008 at 10:25 PM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-18-2008, 08:08 PM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sassan

who is gonna do the least amount of damage?
Old 03-18-2008, 09:34 PM
Brodys the man!

rick66 is on a distinguished road

Whats the deal with the preacher Obama idolizes? Extremist or Racist?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-18-2008, 10:23 PM
Low-Hanging Fruit

PsyKoH is just really nicePsyKoH is just really nicePsyKoH is just really nicePsyKoH is just really nice
Garage

McCain will do the least amount of damage... Clinton and Obama will be taxation-city.

SQUASHING ALL TEH FUNNEY!
Quote:
SIR NUPE A LOT
Your sig name should read "Ninja Edit Extraordinaire"
Quote:
AngryBot
Well when two admins fall deeply in love.....they can't physically have children so they adopt one and that's how a moderator is made.
Quote:
Griff
Hugs and no kisses (cause that is how I roll)
Quote:
Griff
Even my dogs were starting to feel sorry for Vick in the 4th quarter for the abuse he was taking.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:27 PM
Squirrel Czar

ManicSquirrel will become famous soon enoughManicSquirrel will become famous soon enough
Garage

i'm torn, but no McCain for me....dude is just a hand puppet for the conservatives, and i'm an independent, so no bias. He has changed his story and his views and beliefs every time the party told him they didn't like him or he was not conservative enough. I would like him if he was his own person, but he isn't. Iffy on Obama, but a republican will be a lame duck in the whitehouse just like bush now, can't pass anything because the other party controls the house and the senate, spends his time vetoing stupid ideas so for now I go clinton/obama, though then you run a risk there...

2007 3.5SL (with tech package) Radiant Silver : Nismo cat-back : Injen WAI : 35% tint : 19" x 8.5" Enkei RP03's/Bridgestone RE050A 245/40-19 : Eibach Pro-Kit Springs: PIAA plasma ion yellow fogs : stealth turn signal bulbs
Old 03-18-2008, 10:28 PM
Squirrel Czar

ManicSquirrel will become famous soon enoughManicSquirrel will become famous soon enough
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyKoH View Post
McCain will do the least amount of damage... Clinton and Obama will be taxation-city.
we just gotta tax all the people in washington, D.C., they have no representation....hell the license plates say taxation without representation
Old 03-18-2008, 11:03 PM

jiggy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicSquirrel View Post
i'm torn, but no McCain for me....dude is just a hand puppet for the conservatives, and i'm an independent, so no bias. He has changed his story and his views and beliefs every time the party told him they didn't like him or he was not conservative enough. I would like him if he was his own person, but he isn't. Iffy on Obama, but a republican will be a lame duck in the whitehouse just like bush now, can't pass anything because the other party controls the house and the senate, spends his time vetoing stupid ideas so for now I go clinton/obama, though then you run a risk there...
dude, wtf are you talking about? McCain is the most liberal republican of them all, in fact many of his beliefs/policies are alienating him from the far-right. And when has he changed his story/views? He has stuck to his guns throughout the whole war, and because of that his winning the election is almost totally dependent on how well this war goes between now and the general election. Hillary is the worst of all, doing nothing more than trying to cut down the other candidates to prop herself up. She's like a petty child kicking all the bigger kids in the shins and running away.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:21 PM
Low-Hanging Fruit

PsyKoH is just really nicePsyKoH is just really nicePsyKoH is just really nicePsyKoH is just really nice
Garage

who said nothing passing in congress is a bad thing? The less they accomplish, the better off we are.
Old 03-18-2008, 11:35 PM
"evie"

langjie is a jewel in the roughlangjie is a jewel in the roughlangjie is a jewel in the roughlangjie is a jewel in the rough

do you like the way the US is right now? if you like the economy/iraq etc, vote republican

if you don't like the way the US is being run, vote democrat

easy as that
Old 03-18-2008, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by langjie View Post
do you like the way the US is right now? if you like the economy/iraq etc, vote republican

if you don't like the way the US is being run, vote democrat

easy as that
Unfortunately, this is how the majority of uneducated Americans think. Their political "views" are completely one-dimensional and based off nothing more than soundbyetes they pick up on cnn or fox while they are flipping through the channels looking for reality tv shows.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:00 AM
"evie"

langjie is a jewel in the roughlangjie is a jewel in the roughlangjie is a jewel in the roughlangjie is a jewel in the rough

Hey, I tried to break it down as simple as possible. He hasn't watched any debates or researched any of the issues.

I would vote for Obama because I think he can bring people together. I think republicans and democrats are too abrasive toward each other and nothing can get done...it's always an argument. Policy wise, he's almost the same as Hillary, but I just think I can trust him more than her.

I like McCain, but I just think we need a change in this country, right now it's a sinking ship
Old 03-19-2008, 05:45 AM
ModerHater

JayArch is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to JayArch

the "100 years in Iraq if we have too" sealed McCain's fate for me. Well, that, and he's a republican. I'd far more rather pay more taxes than be in this mess and continue to be in it.

Obama FTW.

As for the preacher thing...most if not all preachers are extreme. I think it's coming to a shock to hear a black preacher for the first time for most. Just because Obama was a member of his church and respected him, doesn't mean that he believes everything this the guy udders.

Obama is half white...and half black. He is the product and symbol of what could be for us as a country....divided by deep rooted racism and politics.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:46 AM
ModerHater

JayArch is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to JayArch

P.S....I'd be happy with Clinton as well, but prefer Obama.
Old 03-19-2008, 08:48 AM
Squirrel Czar

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggy View Post
dude, wtf are you talking about? McCain is the most liberal republican of them all, in fact many of his beliefs/policies are alienating him from the far-right. And when has he changed his story/views? He has stuck to his guns throughout the whole war, and because of that his winning the election is almost totally dependent on how well this war goes between now and the general election. Hillary is the worst of all, doing nothing more than trying to cut down the other candidates to prop herself up. She's like a petty child kicking all the bigger kids in the shins and running away.
they interviewed McCain on his social security plan about a week ago, and he said he fully backs Bush's plan, which 3 weeks before that he had said, and so did his website, that he did not support the plan (the plan that states we can't guarantee money we promised to current retiree's, but we can guarantee more for future retiree's). Party insiders told him his plan was too liberal and that he needed to support the GOP plans. don't get me wrong, I do like McCain because he is somewhat liberal, closer to an independent style, but if you read what is going on and compare his debates, dude has changed his mind numerous times in order to please the people who are giving him crap for being too liberal. I think we could use a somewhat liberal conservative (almost a double negative I think), but the fact of the matter is, they are not letting him hold his own beliefs, true he has stuck to his guns on the war, but the war is not the only issue we have in this country. the war has taken attention off all of the other stuff the government is screwing up. But anyhow, both sides are going to screw something up, and billions of billions of dollars will continue to be misused. For example, in our states military, they are using the family readiness budget that is for families of soldiers and helping them cope, but they are using the money to hold party's for the governor and stuff like that, it's just retarded...
Old 03-19-2008, 10:34 AM
"evie"

^ in a way, the war affects everything. it costs $17,000,000 an hour. so many better schools could be built, there could be subsidies on healthcare, social security could have more funding, roads might be repaved (adding more jobs for the economy), and the fed wouldn't need to go into debt in order to fund the war (so the dollar wouldn't be so weak)

I can attribute a part of everything to the war, and no, it's not like everything will be instantly great if we got out of war, but I strongly believe it would be better
Old 03-19-2008, 11:36 AM

^ things might be better if this money wasn't being spent on the war...or they might not. You can throw all the money in the world at a problem and you might not fix it, or even make it better.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:41 AM

Quote:
they interviewed McCain on his social security plan about a week ago, and he said he fully backs Bush's plan, which 3 weeks before that he had said, and so did his website, that he did not support the plan (the plan that states we can't guarantee money we promised to current retiree's, but we can guarantee more for future retiree's). Party insiders told him his plan was too liberal and that he needed to support the GOP plans. don't get me wrong, I do like McCain because he is somewhat liberal, closer to an independent style, but if you read what is going on and compare his debates, dude has changed his mind numerous times in order to please the people who are giving him crap for being too liberal. I think we could use a somewhat liberal conservative (almost a double negative I think), but the fact of the matter is, they are not letting him hold his own beliefs, true he has stuck to his guns on the war, but the war is not the only issue we have in this country. the war has taken attention off all of the other stuff the government is screwing up. But anyhow, both sides are going to screw something up, and billions of billions of dollars will continue to be misused. For example, in our states military, they are using the family readiness budget that is for families of soldiers and helping them cope, but they are using the money to hold party's for the governor and stuff like that, it's just retarded...
Then he's doing what every other politician in this election and in history has done: pandering. But to me maintaining your ORIGINAL beliefs on something like the Iraq war is far more important than doing so with a moral issue like stem-cell research. The dems saw the same evidence Bush did and thought it was the right thing to invade Iraq, and when it didn't work out they threw it in the republicans face to prop up their party. McCain could have easily done the same thing and it would probably help him significantly in this election if he took the same stance as the Dems, but he didn't because he genuinely believes this war is not a lost cause and the right thing to do is finish.

Last edited by jiggy; 03-19-2008 at 11:44 AM.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:41 AM
"evie"

it is true, could be better, but might not. I don't think that by not going to war, the sub-prime market wouldn't have imploded anyways, but I have a strong suspicion that the dollar wouldn't be trading 1:1 with the CAD without the high national debt.
Old 03-19-2008, 11:47 AM
Squirrel Czar

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggy View Post
^ things might be better if this money wasn't being spent on the war...or they might not. You can throw all the money in the world at a problem and you might not fix it, or even make it better.
true talk , but our main problem is just getting it done, right now the old school politicians that rule the house and senate just aren't cuttin it in most aspects. they are slow, take breaks at key times, not to mention their interests are not for the people anymore, they are for the big businesses and lobbyists pushing their agenda. Sad really. Oh and they spend their time investigating steroids in baseball, and even wasted time investigating the patriots taping scandal in the NFL....tax dollars at work I guess. My problem is half the people that are going to vote in the elections are voting based on things that don't matter, like race, gender, and even name. the issues are what matter, but truthfully half of america doesn't care to learn the issues, they vote for who they think looks better on TV, I guarantee a lot of americans, if it comes down to mccain and obama, will choose McCain simply because he is the white guy, which is truly sad, even if he was the better candidate, it's not what people are basing their votes on [/rant]
Old 03-19-2008, 11:51 AM

Quote:
My problem is half the people that are going to vote in the elections are voting based on things that don't matter, like race, gender, and even name. the issues are what matter, but truthfully half of america doesn't care to learn the issues, they vote for who they think looks better on TV
yep

Quote:
I guarantee a lot of americans, if it comes down to mccain and obama, will choose McCain simply because he is the white guy, which is truly sad, even if he was the better candidate, it's not what people are basing their votes on
That goes both ways..lots of blacks will be voting for obama because he is black.