Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS.NET LOUNGE > Off Topic!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2008, 07:42 AM
Low-Hanging Fruit

PsyKoH is just really nicePsyKoH is just really nicePsyKoH is just really nicePsyKoH is just really nice
Garage
Default Zero tolerance policies and common sense don't mix

islandpacket.com | Island fourth grader suspended for using broken pencil sharpener

Quote:
A 10-year-old Hilton Head Island boy has been suspended from school for having something most students carry in their supply boxes: a pencil sharpener.

The problem was his sharpener had broken, but he decided to use it anyway.

A teacher at Hilton Head Island International Baccalaureate Elementary School noticed the boy had what appeared to be a small razor blade during class on Tuesday, according to a Beaufort County sheriff's report.

It was obvious that the blade was the metal insert commonly found in a child's small, plastic pencil sharpener, the deputy noted.

The boy -- a fourth-grader described as a well-behaved and good student -- cried during the meeting with his mom, the deputy and the school's assistant principal.

He had no criminal intent in having the blade at school, the sheriff's report stated, but was suspended for at least two days and could face further disciplinary action.

District spokesman Randy Wall said school administrators are stuck in the precarious position between the district's zero tolerance policy against having weapons at school and common sense.

"We're always going to do something to make sure the child understands the seriousness of having something that could potentially harm another student, but we're going to be reasonable," he said.
People are too afraid to make judgment calls... How sad is that?

SQUASHING ALL TEH FUNNEY!
Quote:
SIR NUPE A LOT
Your sig name should read "Ninja Edit Extraordinaire"
Quote:
AngryBot
Well when two admins fall deeply in love.....they can't physically have children so they adopt one and that's how a moderator is made.
Quote:
Griff
Hugs and no kisses (cause that is how I roll)
Quote:
Griff
Even my dogs were starting to feel sorry for Vick in the 4th quarter for the abuse he was taking.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-12-2008, 08:59 AM

dsuave624 has a spectacular aura aboutdsuave624 has a spectacular aura aboutdsuave624 has a spectacular aura about

I mean, c'mon Are they really going to make this an issue? The thing obviously broke.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:30 PM
You Big Dummy!

carfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of light

And off we go further and further down the path of Liberalism.

Commons sense and liberalism do not mix.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-12-2008, 12:38 PM
Superadmin to the rescue!

ABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to behold

unbelievable...
Old 09-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Moderatin your moms!

Asleep is a jewel in the roughAsleep is a jewel in the roughAsleep is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Asleep Send a message via Yahoo to Asleep
Visit Asleep's Facebook Visit Asleep's YouTube

theyre so open minded - their brains fell out.
can i use that here?

RIP Elisa Lupe Katayama Dec 22 1953 - Dec 24 2008
Old 09-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Ticket Magnet

Jose3.5 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Jose3.5 Send a message via MSN to Jose3.5 Send a message via Yahoo to Jose3.5

I guess they wont be allowed to uses pens and pencils anymore either since they are sharp objects that can be used to stab people. Looks like writing with crayons is the way of the future.

2007 Altima 3.5 SE CVT

Old 09-12-2008, 02:44 PM

Special has a spectacular aura aboutSpecial has a spectacular aura about
Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Special Send a message via AIM to Special Send a message via MSN to Special Send a message via Yahoo to Special

That's ****ing ridiculous.

Old 09-12-2008, 04:55 PM
2-Time BCS National Champ

LSUtigerME has a spectacular aura aboutLSUtigerME has a spectacular aura about

Wow.
Old 09-12-2008, 09:51 PM
Special Member

geoff94alty is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to geoff94alty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
can i use that here?
I like that. It describes some people in this area so well.

In fact, new sig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyKoH View Post
Get two mufflers, then you will have carbon dioxide instead of carbon monoxide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
can i use that here?
Old 09-13-2008, 04:46 AM

sergey85 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to sergey85

that ****ing nuts thats how kids dont learn they get sent home for stupid stuff like that

2002 Maxima GLE Silver on Black | Berk Intake w/AEM Dryflow | Clear Sidemarker Lights w/PIAA L.E.D|Fibre Customs EyeLids | PIAA White Fogs | 5% Limo Tint | Brembo Blanks and Hawk HPS Pads |CATTMAN RSB| ebay FSTB | NWP VIAS Block Plate |

not installed:
Phenolic Thermal Intake Manifold Spacer Kit | 07 350z rims (needs tires)| OEM spoiler(paint)
Old 09-14-2008, 03:57 PM

Thom is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Thom

I got suspended for something really silly one-time in high school. It was just a joke web-site (something someone posted on altimas.net actually), but because of their "zero tolerance" policy, I got suspended for 3 days. Another guy got suspended for 3 days on the same day; for beating the shit out of a kid and macing him on the ground without provocation. Yep... visiting subjectively offensive web site = beating shit out of kid and macing him.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:12 PM
:ser: :ghey:

Serg Zone will become famous soon enoughSerg Zone will become famous soon enough

You can be suspended a month from HS and still not miss anything. Well, perhaps an occasional test on multiplication table.
Old 09-14-2008, 04:26 PM
ST 38

Spike is on a distinguished road

how do you hurt someone with a pencil sharpener blade? most pencil sharpener blades aren't actually filed like a knife....more like a pair of scissors.

well i guess its the same idiots who demanded that jungle gym equipment get pulled off of playgrounds so kids don't hurt themselves.....and the same people who banned dodge ball because of kids getting hit with rubber balls.

Cardomain

Mods:
| Apexi V2 | Hella Optilux 1180 / Prolumen 3000k | Polk DB6500 + Polk DB690 | SE- R Tails | Helios 5000k | LED interior lights | Polk Momo C400.4 | SE-R front | Racingline FSTB | Nismo Catback | SE-R Rear | AT S5 | Nismo 57F / Potenza RE01R; 245 45 18 | Redline Quicklift Elite | Hotshot header | Jihad folding mirrors | SE-R replica spoiler | Nismo RSB | Audi DRL | Tein SS w/ EDFC |

Soon: | 300zx BBK | A4 fender marker |
Old 09-14-2008, 05:01 PM
:ser: :ghey:

Serg Zone will become famous soon enoughSerg Zone will become famous soon enough

^ serious about Dodge ball?

bahaha. Looks we're raising a generation of untouchable pussies.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:47 PM

oh i didnt know they banned dodgeball i just thought that was in the air and just talk, huh. i loved dodgeball even though sometimes i would get mauled by my freinds, but it was fun
Old 09-14-2008, 10:14 PM
ST 38

Spike is on a distinguished road

Yeah they banned dodge ball back when I was in 6th grade....that was a year after they pulled out the jungle gyms and "coincidentally", we had a sudden rise in violence during recess.

People are stupid...they only create more problems by trying to over protect their kids. Here's how the chain reaction went as I remember.

Pulled jungle gyms
Kids started bringing their own stuff to do during recess (foot balls and other things to throw around)
Kids started fighting because they would fight over the balls
Bringing stuff from home was then banned
Kids still started getting into fights because they weren't occupied with anything else
Recess was then banned for the rest of that year (yeah...they did that)
Kids started getting really A.D.D. during class time and was probably getting fat

Then some time at the same time, dodge ball was banned during PE so all we ended up doing was running laps around the "play ground" (ahem.....giant grass field with trees). There were also no hoops on the basketball courts....just the stupid backing so we couldn't play basketball either.

Maybe I just went to a shithole of an elementary school.
Old 09-14-2008, 10:34 PM

man sounds like it, yeh when u have nothing else to do kids do start thinking of other ways to entertain each other most of the time see who is stronger which usually means fighting
Old 09-15-2008, 12:11 AM
Moderatin your moms!

Asleep is a jewel in the roughAsleep is a jewel in the roughAsleep is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Asleep Send a message via Yahoo to Asleep
Visit Asleep's Facebook Visit Asleep's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff94alty View Post
I like that. It describes some people in this area so well.

In fact, new sig.
haha, its been a while since ive been sig-quoted.