Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS.NET LOUNGE > Off Topic!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2018, 09:03 PM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Sassan
Default Winter Olympics 2018

I know most of you guys don't care.....but this is the one time every 4 years I will watch a few mins of curling, cross-country skiing, luge, etc.

But this coverage is fucking stupid, considering it is 14 hrs from EST. 9pm primtime EST is 11am S. Korea time and there are live events going on, so show this for fuck's sake. WTF is the point of a tape delay when you have the internet.....that shit should have been canned many, many years ago.

Disappointing. I figured this would be a good time slot to catch some things, maybe even in the morning when waking up and getting ready for work.

Fail.
Old 02-11-2018, 10:49 PM

xeene is just really nicexeene is just really nicexeene is just really nicexeene is just really nice

NBC is the worst in the world when it comes to Olympic broadcast. I watch cbc(Canada) or Russian broadcast.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-12-2018, 11:35 AM

dsuave624 has a spectacular aura aboutdsuave624 has a spectacular aura aboutdsuave624 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeene View Post
NBC is the worst in the world when it comes to Olympic broadcast. I watch cbc(Canada) or Russian broadcast.
This.
NBC coverage is just terrible. LIVE sports is what's keeping cable alive. When they don't air something until after the results are in, I'm not going to watch it. They should air it as it goes and allow streaming replays.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:57 PM
Resident Lush

deft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nice

Tape delay & the internet completely ruin it, NBC has turned this into a figure skating show, the hockey teams are under 21 non professionals who I've never heard of, Lindsay Vonn, Mikaela Shiffrin and the rifle/cross country skiing thing are the only reasons I would even consider watching a minute.

Also, Summer > Winter.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-12-2018, 01:26 PM

Black Dragon will become famous soon enoughBlack Dragon will become famous soon enough

WTF is 'curling' all about? Looks absolutely idiotic.
Old 02-12-2018, 01:44 PM
Learn to swim

Sharky is on a distinguished road

^
Not much to do in the frozen tundra..............
Old 02-13-2018, 11:49 AM
The goggles do nothing

RIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really nice
Garage

Fucking love it. Growing up in The North, it's stuck with me. Showcase of some sports that are rarely seen, and enjoyable to watch. Even when these sports are shown during non-Olympic years they're not nearly as fun to watch as when they're in the Olympics.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by deft View Post
Tape delay & the internet completely ruin it, NBC has turned this into a figure skating show, the hockey teams are under 21 non professionals who I've never heard of, Lindsay Vonn, Mikaela Shiffrin and the rifle/cross country skiing thing are the only reasons I would even consider watching a minute.
+1 NBC sucks balls, CBC (biased opinion) is pure win. At least pink-eye fuckface Costas is out.

Quote:
the hockey teams are under 21 non professionals who I've never heard of
Both the NHL and its players have always been split on this, having to take a 2 week hiatus from the season, and the risk of injury as well. Been a while since the pros were not in it, which to me is the way it should be (even though the best showcase of skill would be to have the pros play, keeping it amateur keeps it fresh as well).

Quote:
Also, Summer > Winter.
No man. Agree to disagree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dragon View Post
Dude, sit down, get your head right and watch. It's bangin'.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:29 PM

xeene is just really nicexeene is just really nicexeene is just really nicexeene is just really nice

Quote:
Two words: anastasia bryzgalova

Ever wanted to see supermodel with a broom?
Old 02-13-2018, 01:59 PM

Black Dragon will become famous soon enoughBlack Dragon will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZAMAN View Post

Dude, sit down, get your head right and watch. It's bangin'.
Okay, other than the obvious eye candy, what are the rules? It's like bloody cricket. No idea what the rules/object of the 'sport' is.

Yeah, snow/ice games not very popular in my neck of the woods.

Last edited by Black Dragon; 02-13-2018 at 02:02 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:33 PM
The goggles do nothing

RIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really nice
Garage

Quote:
snow/ice games not very popular in my neck of the woods.
Me too, anymore

It's really just glorified shuffleboard, but with a heavier influence of skill, strategy, and physics involved. Granite for stones are quarried from only 2 places in the world.

As the stone is delivered, the thrower turns (spins) the stone slightly, a curved path is induced, enabling throwers to more strategically place the stone (in behind guard stones etc.)

Chess on ice.

As for the rest:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curling

Old 02-13-2018, 03:23 PM
The goggles do nothing

Garage

Also

tv-station-sorry-for-pf-chang-olympics

Old 02-13-2018, 11:02 PM
Learn to swim

Haha....

Old 02-13-2018, 11:12 PM

Sharky you browse reddit too?
Old 02-14-2018, 09:52 AM

dsuave624 has a spectacular aura aboutdsuave624 has a spectacular aura aboutdsuave624 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I browse reddit daily. Lots of funny post. I usually stick to r/cfb and r/baseball though. They break news faster than mosts news sites.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:25 AM
Learn to swim

Quote:
Yep, great site.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Haha....

if you squint like you're stoned, the bottom left quadrant looks like scenes from a jim carrey movie.
Old Yesterday, 03:55 PM
The goggles do nothing

Garage

^

Hockey's been good stuff, save the US getting their asses handed to them (which is what I personally like to see, in international competition ) this morning to the Russian Athlete Team.

Canada took a shootout loss last night to the Czech Republic team, sucks but was a really good game.

I'm finding (or being reminded) that watching quality hockey with players you don't know is refreshing. Like a mini season, you eventually get to know who's good, rivalries develop, good stoof.
Old Yesterday, 04:12 PM
Resident Lush

deft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nice

So NBC sucks ass, the downhill super G winner was announced early and incorrectly because odds were low a competitor from way back had no chance and the they cut the coverage.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...inter-olympics
Old Yesterday, 04:15 PM
The goggles do nothing

Garage

^That's my other (as discussed) big beef. Last night these dumbasses were broadcast the same damn figure skating telecast/event on BOTH NBC and NBC Sports. Way to stretch resources, like there wasn't one other event happening?

How that should happen on purpose is beyond me.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Old Today, 01:56 AM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Sassan

There are FIVE channels available for coverage.....and there isnt SHIT on TV worth watching regarding this.

I must be an idiot though, as they are setting record ratings.

NBC Olympics Ratings Took a Tumble on Wednesday Night – Adweek