Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS.NET LOUNGE > Off Topic!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2018, 08:10 PM
Learn to swim

Sharky is on a distinguished road
Default Tax Cut Calculator

Who is saving/losing money under the new Tax cut law? (There are tax cut calculators in the links below).

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/th...owe-2017-10-26

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...=.2e24db0dc282

Use this calculator to see how the tax bill affects your paycheck - CNNPolitics
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-05-2018, 09:23 AM
Bow down

Nismom has a spectacular aura aboutNismom has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Nismom Send a message via MSN to Nismom Send a message via Yahoo to Nismom
Visit Nismom's Facebook Visit Nismom's MySpace Visit Nismom's YouTube

"In 2018, your taxes will go down and your after-tax income will go up 3.5%."

"Those claiming a child tax credit for dependents are much more likely to be winners in the bill. Much of the benefit to middle income earners comes from the doubling of the child tax credit and the standard deduction."

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-05-2018, 02:50 PM
Learn to swim

"In 2018, your taxes will go down and your after-tax income will go up 0.4%."

Most of my retirement income comes from the VA so it is tax exempt already.
Old 01-06-2018, 08:58 PM
Learn to swim

Not surprised our liberal friends here choose not to show their savings.............
Old 01-06-2018, 09:09 PM

xeene is just really nicexeene is just really nicexeene is just really nicexeene is just really nice

our taxes supposedly will go down as we are married living in michigan and doing our own taxes itemizing everything we can. we will see once we file. i'll come back here and update.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:17 PM
Learn to swim

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeene View Post
our taxes supposedly will go down as we are married living in michigan and doing our own taxes itemizing everything we can. we will see once we file. i'll come back here and update.
You might not benefit as much since you are itemizing.....unless you're a small business owner.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:05 PM
Learn to swim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharky View Post
Not surprised our liberal friends here choose not to show their savings.............
deft, Sassan, BD? How much are you guys saving and what do you plan to do with the extra cash?

I'm guessing deft will give his savings to Nancy Pelosi's national mural, Sassan to the Bungle's front office, and BD will invest in better Boar traps............
Old 01-07-2018, 10:29 PM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Sassan

Quote:
deft, Sassan, BD? How much are you guys saving and what do you plan to do with the extra cash?

I'm guessing deft will give his savings to Nancy Pelosi's national mural, Sassan to the Bungle's front office, and BD will invest in better Boar traps............
My savings will go to cover the massive increase health insurance premium we experienced.

Thanks
Old 01-07-2018, 11:07 PM
Learn to swim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassan View Post
My savings will go to cover the massive increase health insurance premium we experienced.

Thanks
Wait, why would this tax cut give you a massive increase in your health insurance premium?
Old 01-07-2018, 11:21 PM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all

On the wife's insurance. They raised our premiums during open enrollment, citing the impending revocation of the ACA tax as the cause. This was in late November.

I will not save $100 this year due to this grand tax change, and may actually owe more due to some small business I have.
Old 01-08-2018, 11:59 AM
The goggles do nothing

RIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really nice
Garage

"In 2018, your taxes will go down and your after-tax income will go up 1.3%."

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeene View Post
we will see once we file.
^THIS.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:19 PM
Admin

My insurance premiums already went up and we've been told to expect another increase of 8-10% next year. So then I looked at switching to insurance through my company instead, but because open enrollment was already done, I would have to wait until next year.....at which point premiums will be increasing as well.

So my "savings" are already spent and I am in the red.

Nice new law.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:36 PM
Learn to swim

They did say that 15-20% of filers would pay more. Sucks nonetheless.
My Daughter is going to make out like a bandit being divorced with 2 children. She's expecting 10K+ this time around, crazy.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:51 PM
Admin

^15-20% will pay more, 100% of corporations will pay less and approximately 75% will buy back stock to drive up their stock prices and make more money.

Great deal!
Old 01-08-2018, 03:39 PM

Black Dragon will become famous soon enoughBlack Dragon will become famous soon enough

Quote:

Honestly, I have no idea. My Jan. monthly deposit is the same as the previous months.
Old 01-08-2018, 04:07 PM
Admin

^because it is going to take the payroll companies several weeks to figure this out, get everything right, etc.

So some people have not changed their withholdings yet, which will result in slightly higher returns but also more owed for others.
Old 01-08-2018, 05:15 PM

Black Dragon will become famous soon enoughBlack Dragon will become famous soon enough

^I'm on fixed income (pension), so I only have federal withholdings. No idea how bad local taxes will be.

First year filing as a retiree.