Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS.NET LOUNGE > Off Topic!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2017, 12:34 PM

Black Dragon will become famous soon enoughBlack Dragon will become famous soon enough
Default College foosball playoffs

Okie, Clemmie and Jaw-ja are in it by virtue of winning their conference championships.

Up for grabs is the #4 spot. Who deserves it? A TWO loss Ohio Fake, who won their conference by downing undefeated wisconsin, or a 1 loss alabama team; which was ranked at #1 most of the season?
Old 12-03-2017, 12:47 PM
The goggles do nothing

RIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really nice
Garage

Holy shit the 'Canes got shit-fucked...

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2017, 02:24 PM
Resident Lush

deft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nice

1 Clemson vs 4 Bama, 2 Oklahoma vs 3 Georgia, OSU left out at 5. As always people will complain but these are the 4 best teams.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-03-2017, 04:52 PM

Black Dragon will become famous soon enoughBlack Dragon will become famous soon enough

So winning a major conference championship doesn't mean anything?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-03-2017, 04:59 PM
Resident Lush

deft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nice

^ I guess record over everything else, who should've gotten the 4th spot, a 2 loss OSU? They need to go to 8 teams sooner rather than later.
Old 12-03-2017, 11:13 PM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Sassan

^8 teams doesn't solve shit. Teams like 3-loss Auburn will be in there, and please don't tell me they are worthy.

I didn't want OSU in the playoffs, don't think we aren't good enough. That said, OSU's resume vs. Bama's is not even close. Bama's signature win is Miss St, which sucks. Fuck you, they played Mercer two weeks ago. OSU played three top 5 teams and beat two of them, the third is the second ranked playoff team now. OSU beat Wisconsin last night while Bama sat at home (very different situation than last year btw).

I said it many years ago, E$PN is ruining this sport, especially the E$PN/$EC relationship. Pretty obvious they have an agenda....fuck sake, they were still talking that Auburn should still be in consideration alongside Bama. Fuck it then, just make it Georgia, Bama, Auburn, and Vanderbilt.

Pretty sad....today was a big push to the demise of college football as it is now know. It will take a while, but in 10-15 years, this sport and the championships will be very different than now because of this.

And again, I didn't want OSU in the playoffs because I don't think they are ready nor worthy. But up vs. Bama, zero debate.
Old 12-04-2017, 01:09 PM

dsuave624 has a spectacular aura aboutdsuave624 has a spectacular aura aboutdsuave624 has a spectacular aura about

^This system doesn't solve shit! 4 teams is an utter joke. 8 teams is a must. 6 conference auto-bids, 2 wild cards. DONE.

OSU should have gotten in. Won the conference and beat 2 top 10 teams.

Alabama did not have any top 15 wins all season. And their wins against ranked opponents were against MSU and LSU who's rank themselves were very questionable.

ESPN is going down anyway. I give it less than 5 years before we see another major overhaul to the CFP and the bowl system. Chord cutting is in full swing and ESPN has a lot to lose.
Old 12-05-2017, 12:01 PM
2-Time BCS National Champ

LSUtigerME has a spectacular aura aboutLSUtigerME has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsuave624 View Post
^This system doesn't solve shit! 4 teams is an utter joke. 8 teams is a must. 6 conference auto-bids, 2 wild cards. DONE.
P5 Auto Bids, but with a minimum criteria met similar to the criteria for a BCS bowl. You don’t reward some shit school in a shitty division because they win one big game (conf championship). I hate the auto bids in the basketball tournament and I’ll hate them here, unless there’s some qualifying criteria.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsuave
And their wins against ranked opponents were against MSU and LSU who's rank themselves were very questionable.

They were quality wins for Bama, but not the greatest.

Quote:
ESPN is going down anyway. I give it less than 5 years before we see another major overhaul to the CFP and the bowl system. Cord cutting is in full swing and ESPN has a lot to lose.
ESPN is not going anywhere. As much as people complain and bitch, they are a powerhouse and there’s little alternative. Their actual sports broadcasts are terrific. When they stick to sports, and not political or social events, ESPN/ABC is unmatched.

As far as Bama vs tOSU, you also have to look at their losses. Bama lost to Auburn, a top 10 team. 1-loss. That’s it. tOSU has 2-losses, and that trumps the signature wins. Ohio State handles business against Iowa and there’s no question.

They selected the 4-best teams, which is what they are tasked to do. Same thing they did last year. However, when you win your conference and still don’t fit that criteria, all of a sudden the system is against you. Penn State, Ohio State, USC. Wisconsin had a better schedule, they’d have the same argument as Bama. UCF went undefeated, but in a weaker conference, why no outcry?

The fact is that in college football, EVERY game matters. Handle business EVERY week, and you’ll “leave no doubt”. Play a tougher schedule, risk losing, and receive credit/edge over teams of similar record. Conference auto-bids diminish that, and will lead to WEAK schedules.
Old 12-06-2017, 01:49 PM
Resident Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUtigerME View Post
UCF went undefeated, but in a weaker conference, why no outcry?
They were ranked #10, meaning they'd still be out if an 8 game playoff happened, that's bullshit.

If any changes will be made they won't be coming anytime soon, they'll need to go to a 10 game regular season to accommodate a 8 team playoff. That takes away money from schools that never have a change to win a national title, no way they'll agree to that.
Old 12-07-2017, 10:17 AM

dsuave624 has a spectacular aura aboutdsuave624 has a spectacular aura aboutdsuave624 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
P5 Auto Bids, but with a minimum criteria met similar to the criteria for a BCS bowl. You don’t reward some shit school in a shitty division because they win one big game (conf championship). I hate the auto bids in the basketball tournament and I’ll hate them here, unless there’s some qualifying criteria.
Every single sport's conference/division champ advances to the playoffs except CFB. I love the autobids in the NCAA as it puts a strong emphasis on winning your conference. You can have a .500 sweep the conference and that makes for a great story. And, like the tournament, it won't take away from SOS because if you lose your conference game, you can still make the playoffs with quality wins.

I mean, what's the point of competing in a conference then? Notre Dame theoretically, can have an easy path the CFP if they scheudule easier opponents.

Quote:

They were quality wins for Bama, but not the greatest.
They are "quality" wins because both teams are grossly overranked. IMO, MSU and LSU are no better than Iowa.

Quote:
As far as Bama vs tOSU, you also have to look at their losses. Bama lost to Auburn, a top 10 team. 1-loss. That’s it. tOSU has 2-losses, and that trumps the signature wins. Ohio State handles business against Iowa and there’s no question.
And OSU lost to the #2 ranked playoff team. No, the loses do not trump the signature wins. Alamba played only 8 P5 opponents this year while OSU played 10. OSU had 2 top 10 victories and Alabama had none. OSU won the conference and Alabama got smoked by Auburn. if anything Auburn should be there over Alabama.

Quote:
ESPN is not going anywhere. As much as people complain and bitch, they are a powerhouse and there’s little alternative. Their actual sports broadcasts are terrific. When they stick to sports, and not political or social events, ESPN/ABC is unmatched.
ESPN has tried to monopolize the industy and now they are too saturated. They will be definitely continue downsizing and I expect fox and/or cbs to pick up the more coverage.

Quote:
UCF went undefeated, but in a weaker conference, why no outcry?
There's plenty of outcry. But they did not have any top 15 wins, just like alabama The have a NY6 bowl, which is still great. while the AAC is not considred a P5, thoose schools play at a P5 level.

Quote:
The fact is that in college football, EVERY game matters. Handle business EVERY week, and you’ll “leave no doubt”. Play a tougher schedule, risk losing, and receive credit/edge over teams of similar record. Conference auto-bids diminish that, and will lead to WEAK schedules.
Alabama had weakest schedule of any of the top 8 teams. They fucking played mercer as a warm-up to play Auburn and still got rocked. YET, they are still in. But everyone and especially ESPN (who has a nice financial interest in the conference) loves to circlejerk the SEC as the greatest conference known to mankind. So since Alabama only has 1 loss in the SEC, they must still be an elite team.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:19 PM
2-Time BCS National Champ

LSUtigerME has a spectacular aura aboutLSUtigerME has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsuave624 View Post
Every single sport's conference/division champ advances to the playoffs except CFB. I love the autobids in the NCAA as it puts a strong emphasis on winning your conference. You can have a .500 sweep the conference and that makes for a great story. And, like the tournament, it won't take away from SOS because if you lose your conference game, you can still make the playoffs with quality wins.
No, in many sports it’s an auto bid from your conference TOURNAMENT. The conference champ does not get an auto-bid. In NCAA basketball, I despise the fact that a quality bubble team gets pushed out simply because some shitshow won a shitty conference because the powerhouse team rested its starters. I’m simply proposing that they be in the top RPI 200, or in football T25. Similarly, I’d also say any G5 conference champ ranked in T15 should get an Auto-bid.

Quote:
I mean, what's the point of competing in a conference then? Notre Dame theoretically, can have an easy path the CFP if they scheudule easier opponents.
There’s been a ton of talks of conference realignment. There is not a current benefit to being in a conference, except the scheduling advantage. ND actually did a good job scheduling opponents. For example in years past, Baylor scheduling nothing but rudy-poo teams. And one lost cost them (and TCU and the B12) in the end.
Quote:
They are "quality" wins because both teams are grossly overranked. IMO, MSU and LSU are no better than Iowa.
Both are T25 teams. MSU with Fitzgerald at QB, and LSU at the end of the season.

Quote:
And OSU lost to the #2 ranked playoff team. No, the loses do not trump the signature wins. Alamba played only 8 P5 opponents this year while OSU played 10. OSU had 2 top 10 victories and Alabama had none. OSU won the conference and Alabama got smoked by Auburn. if anything Auburn should be there over Alabama.
Losses always tend to come first (amongst P5 teams), with signature wins used as tie breakers.

Alabama played 9 P5 opponents. OSU played one more P5, but also lost one more. They won the conference, and that should count for something. But, under the current committee guidance, it is not required. The whole industry swings back and forth on the value of it. LSU received the benefit of it in 2007, while Georgia and VT suffered. Auburn was left out after an undefeated season. OkSt left out in 2011.

Quote:
ESPN has tried to monopolize the industy and now they are too saturated. They will be definitely continue downsizing and I expect fox and/or cbs to pick up the more coverage.
Agreed. But ESPN is not going anywhere.

Quote:
There's plenty of outcry. But they did not have any top 15 wins, just like alabama The have a NY6 bowl, which is still great. while the AAC is not considred a P5, thoose schools play at a P5 level.
There’s no legitimate outcry for them to be in CFP. They are not one of the 4 best. They deserve a shot, but with only 4 teams, you have to be able to evaluate the teams without them having played each other.

Quote:
Alabama had weakest schedule of any of the top 8 teams. They fucking played mercer as a warm-up to play Auburn and still got rocked. YET, they are still in. But everyone and especially ESPN (who has a nice financial interest in the conference) loves to circlejerk the SEC as the greatest conference known to mankind. So since Alabama only has 1 loss in the SEC, they must still be an elite team.
You’re so stuck on this Mercer game. The SEC sets the schedule dates. They also schedule FSU for the FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON. Hindsight shows FSU w/o their QB was not that good, but I’m not gonna knock their schedule and mercer. They have the full SEC schedule + FSU.

I have an issue with this “when you lose” philosophy. Lose early, and you’re allowed to recover and recoup and be a “different team”. Dominate, and lose to a T5 ranked rival late in the season, and all of a sudden you don’t deserve any recognition.

I despise Alabama. I hate that they are given the opportunity to get in. However, I think they deserve it. I just hope they reform the CFP process.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:00 PM

Quote:
No, in many sports it’s an auto bid from your conference TOURNAMENT. The conference champ does not get an auto-bid. In NCAA basketball, I despise the fact that a quality bubble team gets pushed out simply because some shitshow won a shitty conference because the powerhouse team rested its starters. I’m simply proposing that they be in the top RPI 200, or in football T25. Similarly, I’d also say any G5 conference champ ranked in T15 should get an Auto-bid.
I meant tournament not conference

Quote:
There’s been a ton of talks of conference realignment. There is not a current benefit to being in a conference, except the scheduling advantage. ND actually did a good job scheduling opponents. For example in years past, Baylor scheduling nothing but rudy-poo teams. And one lost cost them (and TCU and the B12) in the end.
The only benefit is the media money pouring. The B1G and SEC both lead the way in terms of revenue. But with the changing dynamics of the television industry, who knows how much longer that lasts. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see the P5 schools form and develop their own conference and wave adios to the NCAA altogether and all their restrictions. There was talk 2-3 years ago to form a Division IV and the NCAA panicked and caved into some rules.

Quote:
Both are T25 teams. MSU with Fitzgerald at QB, and LSU at the end of the season.
#notmyrankings Lol

Quote:
Losses always tend to come first (amongst P5 teams), with signature wins used as tie breakers.

Alabama played 9 P5 opponents. OSU played one more P5, but also lost one more. They won the conference, and that should count for something. But, under the current committee guidance, it is not required. The whole industry swings back and forth on the value of it. LSU received the benefit of it in 2007, while Georgia and VT suffered. Auburn was left out after an undefeated season. OkSt left out in 2011.
Playoff teams should not be determined by people arguing in room. It should be settled on the field, which is why I feel that the champs of the P5 conferences are deserving.

Quote:
There’s no legitimate outcry for them to be in CFP. They are not one of the 4 best. They deserve a shot, but with only 4 teams, you have to be able to evaluate the teams without them having played each other.
Part of the problem these strong G5 schools have is scheduling quality P5 opponents. P5 schools will try to avoid it because they have everything to lose and nothing to gain. No G5 school will ever make a CFP under the current system. They would need to start ranked at in the top 10 and go undefeated. And even so, I can easily see 1-loss P5 teams getting in over them.

Quote:
You’re so stuck on this Mercer game. The SEC sets the schedule dates. They also schedule FSU for the FIRST GAME OF THE SEASON. Hindsight shows FSU w/o their QB was not that good, but I’m not gonna knock their schedule and mercer. They have the full SEC schedule + FSU.

I have an issue with this “when you lose” philosophy. Lose early, and you’re allowed to recover and recoup and be a “different team”. Dominate, and lose to a T5 ranked rival late in the season, and all of a sudden you don’t deserve any recognition.

I despise Alabama. I hate that they are given the opportunity to get in. However, I think they deserve it. I just hope they reform the CFP process.
This is the firs time I mentioned mercer. but I feel that FCS "wins" should not count toward your tally in the CFP. The competition just is not there. Agreed with everything else you said, except bama being dersving