Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS.NET LOUNGE > Off Topic!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2017, 03:29 PM
The goggles do nothing

RIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really nice
Garage
Default Tom Petty

Fuck man. What a Monday. Hope he pulls through but doesn't look good.

TMZ: Tom Petty rushed to the hospital in full cardiac arrest | FOX6Now.com
Old 10-02-2017, 04:03 PM
The goggles do nothing

RIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really nice
Garage

He's gone

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tom-pet...is-dead-at-66/

Full Moon Fever was the first casette I ever bought back in high school. Wore it out.

RIP
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-02-2017, 04:21 PM

Black Dragon will become famous soon enoughBlack Dragon will become famous soon enough

RIP. Loved his songs growing up.
Old 10-02-2017, 04:22 PM
The goggles do nothing

Garage

Yes, there is a lot of pain, death and suffering in the world, seemingly more now than ever. One might think how does the loss of one man even begin to balance? In many ways it does not - but when we lose those who wrote the music we have relied upon to get us through these tough times, do the math. There is a(n) [albeit slight] sense of equation. RIP Tom.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-02-2017, 04:35 PM
Learn to swim.

cpo_sharky has a spectacular aura aboutcpo_sharky has a spectacular aura about

I always liked him, RIP......
Old 10-02-2017, 08:26 PM

Black Dragon will become famous soon enoughBlack Dragon will become famous soon enough

Also, star of the big and small screen (The Postman and voice of 'Lucky' on King of the Hill)
Old 10-02-2017, 08:51 PM
The goggles do nothing

Garage

Well WTF now they're saying LAPD has retracted their statement. Seems he might be still alive?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...e5d_story.html

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2017, 09:41 AM
Resident Lush

deft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nice

^ He passed at 8:40 pm est yesterday, what a fucking bummer, his music is beyond iconic. RIP.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:45 AM

Al Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enoughAl Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enough

RIP

In all honesty I thought he was a hell of a lot older than 66. He has looked 66 for the last 25 years.

Thomas Jefferson put it best: "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/...#ixzz2I3mJ17VQ
Old 10-03-2017, 07:27 PM
Honda Sucks

wild willy is just really nicewild willy is just really nicewild willy is just really nicewild willy is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy's Friend Griff View Post
RIP

In all honesty I thought he was a hell of a lot older than 66. He has looked 66 for the last 25 years.

Yes he did..he looked 66 at 26. No matter how ugly that bastard was....I loved him and his music. I never turn the channel if I am surfing and come across him....And I am always singing with him
04 Honda Oddy (POS)-GONE!!
Old 10-03-2017, 09:33 PM
Learn to swim.

Check out the extended solo starting at 3:03

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-03-2017, 09:39 PM
The goggles do nothing

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild willy View Post
Yes he did..he looked 66 at 26. No matter how ugly that bastard was....I loved him and his music. I never turn the channel if I am surfing and come across him....And I am always singing with him

^66 is old age for those folks. Rough life..So many this year, let alone 2016...Butch Trucks (suicide) and Gregg Allman were both 69, sudden and hurt me bad. Chris Cornell...fuuuck. Suicide, accident, drugs (all of the above) or not - so many of them die too soon.

Now Tom fuckin Petty...Saw the Allmans multiple times, and Cornell once solo (vocals blew my mind in smaller venue concert). I never got the pleasure to see Petty live.

Old 10-03-2017, 09:57 PM
The goggles do nothing

Garage

Might be too mellow for some of you hardasses, and I do like my heavy, but this is the goddamn shit right here.

[YOUTUBE]http://youtu.be/4p_f7Df2-oM[/YOUTUBE]

Old 10-07-2017, 11:00 PM
Resident Lush

deft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nice

https://www.sbnation.com/college-foo...wont-back-down

goddamn it, this made me cry, my favorite song sung by his hometown.... it's been almost a week and I still can't get over it, he was my idol growning up.
Old 10-07-2017, 11:51 PM
The goggles do nothing

Garage

That's awesome. Went to the Panthers home opener tonight. The organ player was playing Tom Petty tunes.

Old 10-08-2017, 12:09 AM
The goggles do nothing

Garage

Deft brother I would have loved to sit and burn a few this week with you spinning some Petty...

Old 10-08-2017, 12:20 AM
Resident Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZAMAN View Post
Deft brother I would have loved to sit and burn a few this week with you spinning some Petty...

My dude ... it's been such a rough year with musicians passing. Tuesday night i told the wife and kids I needed alone time, went into my basement, drank a few while jammin to Petty and left tear stains on my guitar... Tom Petty is the reason I learned guitar, Free Falling was the first song I learned to play. Not since Layne Staley have I been this sad about someone I never met but had such an influence on my life passing away. I saw him 3 time times, he was so engaging with the crowd everytime, he made it feel like a jam sessions. He is and always will be a fucking legend.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:55 PM
The goggles do nothing

Garage

Word all the way. It's like sports when you know the game, you get more out of it. Did 6 years of guitar, 8 years of piano when I was younger. Quit them both and started percussion and drumming and (unfortunately) never looked back.

I love percussion, but kick myself everyday for forgetting the other instruments I would have been a master.

Last year was rough too, but Prince and Bowie were not quite my deal, even though I respected them as artists. Glen Frey was one that hit me a bit last year though. As mentioned this year with Butch Trucks and Gregg Allman was a serious blow. Petty was like FUCK you gotta be kidding me..Noooo.

It fears me to think about who's next.

We could jam our troubles away man, the way music is supposed to heal.

Old 10-08-2017, 10:58 PM
Resident Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZAMAN View Post
Word all the way. It's like sports when you know the game, you get more out of it. Did 6 years of guitar, 8 years of piano when I was younger. Quit them both and started percussion and drumming and (unfortunately) never looked back.

I love percussion, but kick myself everyday for forgetting the other instruments I would have been a master.

Last year was rough too, but Prince and Bowie were not quite my deal, even though I respected them as artists. Glen Frey was one that hit me a bit last year though. As mentioned this year with Butch Trucks and Gregg Allman was a serious blow. Petty was like FUCK you gotta be kidding me..Noooo.

It fears me to think about who's next.

We could jam our troubles away man, the way music is supposed to heal.

If you're around DC again, I have a 3 guitars, a drum kit with a cobra speed double pedal and an ounce of weed.
Old 10-09-2017, 09:43 AM
Learn to swim.

Florida Gator's tribute to Tom Petty was awesome.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/florida...223833694.html