Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS.NET LOUNGE > Off Topic!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2017, 02:28 PM

xeene is just really nicexeene is just really nicexeene is just really nicexeene is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassan View Post
Why does a person need a machete?
Have you tried to remove overgrown vegetation with weed Wacker? I have lots of yard tools including machete(falcata actually) to cut down wild grapes and ivy that grow like there is no tomorrow in our back yard.
It's either machete or yard saw and machete does the job with one swing.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-03-2017, 02:36 PM

xeene is just really nicexeene is just really nicexeene is just really nicexeene is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by deft View Post
Nobody needs semi/automatic weapons, I have no clue what people fight that. If nothing changed after 1st graders were mowed down in Sandy Hook then nothing will ever change, GOP will hide their heads in the sand and send meaningless "prayers" while checks from NRA are falling out of their pocket.
Automatic no, semi yes. How are you going to kill two armed burglars with out semi auto weapon? You shoot first one dead and by the time you pump or recock second one will kill you.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-03-2017, 02:37 PM
Learn to swim.

cpo_sharky has a spectacular aura aboutcpo_sharky has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dragon View Post
An example where gun reform laws has worked (so far) is Australia.
It is true that Australia's gun reform laws have worked well for the most part. However, the plan they put into place was total gun confiscation. The only way that can happen here is if Congress and the States repeal the 2nd Amendment or the Supreme Court reinterprets the meaning of "Right to bear arms."
Old 10-03-2017, 03:01 PM

Al Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enoughAl Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enough

Quote:
@griff: so what is your solution to prevent carnage such as this and Sandy Hook? Mass shootings in the US has become far too common.

While you give examples where you claim stricter restrictions does not work. An example where gun reform laws has worked (so far) is Australia.

And you seem to conveniently overlook countries where strong gun control laws do work. Looking at you, Japan and Great Britain.
Nothing that has been proposed by the left, by their own admission, would have stopped any of the mass shootings in the last 2 decades. NOTHING. Not a single proposal would have stopped ANY of them. This guy passed all the background checks to get his weapons.

The truth is that there is nothing that can be done. Hate to say it but this is the price of freedom that we pay as Americans. It doesn't make it any less painful but the alternative will lead to more death than can be imagined.

Thomas Jefferson put it best: "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/...#ixzz2I3mJ17VQ
Old 10-03-2017, 03:06 PM

Al Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enoughAl Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by deft View Post
Nobody needs semi/automatic weapons, I have no clue what people fight that. If nothing changed after 1st graders were mowed down in Sandy Hook then nothing will ever change, GOP will hide their heads in the sand and send meaningless "prayers" while checks from NRA are falling out of their pocket.
I know deft is really trying to say something important and intelligent but all I keep hearing is...

Old 10-03-2017, 03:13 PM
The goggles do nothing

RIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really nice
Garage

things-more-heavily-regulated-than-buying-a-gun-in-the-united-states
Old 10-03-2017, 03:57 PM

Black Dragon will become famous soon enoughBlack Dragon will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy's Friend Griff View Post

The truth is that there is nothing that can be done. Hate to say it but this is the price of freedom that we pay as Americans. It doesn't make it any less painful but the alternative will lead to more death than can be imagined.
We as a nation can and should strive to do better. Again, it's working in Japan and Great Britain. Where's the unspeakable carnage?

To continue to do nothing but shrug our shoulders is the very definition of insanity. We can't try anything because even bipartisan legislation can't get past the NRA.
Old 10-03-2017, 04:56 PM

Black Dragon will become famous soon enoughBlack Dragon will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeene View Post
Have you tried to remove overgrown vegetation with weed Wacker? I have lots of yard tools including machete(falcata actually) to cut down wild grapes and ivy that grow like there is no tomorrow in our back yard.
It's either machete or yard saw and machete does the job with one swing.

He obviously meant:
Old 10-03-2017, 06:03 PM

Quote:
We as a nation can and should strive to do better. Again, it's working in Japan and Great Britain. Where's the unspeakable carnage?

To continue to do nothing but shrug our shoulders is the very definition of insanity. We can't try anything because even bipartisan legislation can't get past the NRA.
You are now talking about confiscation. That is fine. Just how many dead in the ensuing civil war do you think there would be?
Old 10-03-2017, 06:14 PM

^obviously doing nothing isn't the answer. again, what would your solution be?

in the US we have had nearly 1 mass shooting a day since the beginning of the year:
Las Vegas shooting: How many mass shootings have there been in 2017? - Business Insider

for a 'civilized first-world' country, this shit happens way too frequently.

Last edited by Black Dragon; 10-03-2017 at 06:16 PM.
Old 10-04-2017, 02:33 PM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sassan

Bought 33 guns in the last year.

Why does anyone need 33 guns? You have two hands.
Old 10-04-2017, 04:09 PM
Learn to swim.

^
It's an obsession. I knew many dudes in the Navy that bragged about the type and number of guns they owned.
Old 10-04-2017, 06:44 PM
Honda Sucks

wild willy is just really nicewild willy is just really nicewild willy is just really nicewild willy is just really nice

Quote:
Why does anyone need 33 guns?
Why not? How may cars does Leno have? He only has 2 arms and 2 legs? I have about 30 watches....Only 2 wrists When I was single..I had 5 steady girls I saw frequently....That was a problem with only one dick...
04 Honda Oddy (POS)-GONE!!
Old 10-04-2017, 08:00 PM
Learn to swim.

^
Liberalism is all about guilt. Whenever someone challenges freedom with the "who needs" argument, then it's known their political beliefs lean away from said freedom..................
Old 10-04-2017, 08:17 PM

^well your 2nd amendment freedoms kinda interfere with my 'unalienable right to LIFE, liberty and the pursuit of freedom fries.'

also, how the hell do you tightly regulate full auto machine guns, but allow 'bump fire stocks'? about 12 of the 24 guns he brought up to his room had been modified with this accessory. it's only purpose is to allow a higher rate of fire from a semi-auto rifle. it basically turns your semi-auto rifle into a full auto rifle (instead of individual finger pulls/round, you just hold the trigger down and exert opposing forces along the stock.
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...vegas-gun.html

Last edited by Black Dragon; 10-04-2017 at 08:20 PM.
Old 10-04-2017, 08:24 PM
Learn to swim.

Quote:
^well your 2nd amendment freedoms kinda interfere with my 'unalienable right to LIFE
Or, criminals 'unalienable right to life' kinda interfere's with the 2nd Amendment.

See what I did there.......
Old 10-04-2017, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Bought 33 guns in the last year.

Why does anyone need 33 guns? You have two hands.
Different guns for different things. The most I ever bought in a single year was 8. Shotgun, AR, AK and 5 pistols. Then I stopped for a while and bought ammo, magazines, accessories. Then I realized I need a few others for different potential situations and bought a couple more. I have my eye on 7 more that I will start getting early next year. For me it is all about never being in a situation of needing and wanting. Always better to not need and have than to need and want.
Old 10-04-2017, 08:55 PM

Opinion | I used to think gun control was the answer. My research told me otherwise.

Quote:
Before I started researching gun deaths, gun-control policy used to frustrate me. I wished the National Rifle Association would stop blocking common-sense gun-control reforms such as banning assault weapons, restricting silencers, shrinking magazine sizes and all the other measures that could make guns less deadly.

Then, my colleagues and I at FiveThirtyEight spent three months analyzing all 33,000 lives ended by guns each year in the United States, and I wound up frustrated in a whole new way. We looked at what interventions might have saved those people, and the case for the policies I’d lobbied for crumbled when I examined the evidence. The best ideas left standing were narrowly tailored interventions to protect subtypes of potential victims, not broad attempts to limit the lethality of guns.

I researched the strictly tightened gun laws in Britain and Australia and concluded that they didn’t prove much about what America’s policy should be. Neither nation experienced drops in mass shootings or other gun related-crime that could be attributed to their buybacks and bans. Mass shootings were too rare in Australia for their absence after the buyback program to be clear evidence of progress. And in both Australia and Britain, the gun restrictions had an ambiguous effect on other gun-related crimes or deaths.

When I looked at the other oft-praised policies, I found out that no gun owner walks into the store to buy an “assault weapon.” It’s an invented classification that includes any semi-automatic that has two or more features, such as a bayonet mount, a rocket-propelled grenade-launcher mount, a folding stock or a pistol grip. But guns are modular, and any hobbyist can easily add these features at home, just as if they were snapping together Legos.

As for silencers — they deserve that name only in movies, where they reduce gunfire to a soft puick puick. In real life, silencers limit hearing damage for shooters but don’t make gunfire dangerously quiet. An AR-15 with a silencer is about as loud as a jackhammer. Magazine limits were a little more promising, but a practiced shooter could still change magazines so fast as to make the limit meaningless.
Old 10-05-2017, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpo_sharky View Post
Or, criminals 'unalienable right to life' kinda interfere's with the 2nd Amendment.
How?

And still waiting for a justification for 'bump fire stocks'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy's Friend Griff View Post
I researched the strictly tightened gun laws in Britain and Australia and concluded that they didn’t prove much about what America’s policy should be. Neither nation experienced drops in mass shootings or other gun related-crime that could be attributed to their buybacks and bans. Mass shootings were too rare in Australia for their absence after the buyback program to be clear evidence of progress. And in both Australia and Britain, the gun restrictions had an ambiguous effect on other gun-related crimes or deaths.

well, shit, why can't we have a society where mass shootings are a 'too rare' event?

again, we're talking about mass shootings, not 'other gun-related crimes or deaths'. when's the last time Great Britain or Japan had a mass shooting?

Last edited by Black Dragon; 10-05-2017 at 02:30 AM.
Old 10-05-2017, 10:14 AM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild willy View Post
Why not? How may cars does Leno have? He only has 2 arms and 2 legs? I have about 30 watches....Only 2 wrists When I was single..I had 5 steady girls I saw frequently....That was a problem with only one dick...

Cars and watches vs. guns. Apples/Oranges.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpo_sharky View Post
^
Liberalism is all about guilt. Whenever someone challenges freedom with the "who needs" argument, then it's known their political beliefs lean away from said freedom..................

no, I am being practical and logical......not challenging someone's freedoms.