Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS.NET LOUNGE > Off Topic!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2017, 03:48 PM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sassan
Default Athletes standing their ground

Trump said an owner should stand up and get one of those SOBs off the field and fire them for kneeling.

Then Steph Curry says no thanks to going to the White House, and then Trump rescinds the invite.

Athletes revolted on social media, and NFL players kneeled, locked ams, and even had their team owners join.

This is not a Trump political thread or I would have put it in that forum. This is a general thread about how the POTUS made a comment and those who disagree took a non-violent stance to say nope, you aren't gonna tell us how this goes.

Icing on the cake would be Kapernick getting signed this week.
Old 09-24-2017, 05:05 PM
Learn to swim.

cpo_sharky has a spectacular aura aboutcpo_sharky has a spectacular aura about

West Point Graduate and war veteran stands proudly for the American National Anthem, the rest of his teammates were sitting on their asses in the locker room.

Old 09-24-2017, 08:03 PM
The goggles do nothing

RIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really nice
Garage

Kneeling for the Anthem doesn't fly with me. If anyone wants to disrespect this country they sit or kneel for the anthem.

Yes, it is far from perfect, but as I've said there is sooo much good here, and promise to get through this shit (and on to the next).

If you are upset at the way things arr being run, disrespecting the flag and all its symbolism by not recognizing the goddamn anthem get the fuck out and leave.

Stand up for the anthem and respect what you love about it, instead of cowering towards the seeming path of least resistance, and taking a knee. Pussies. There is no better way to divide the people.

I'm a naturalized American. I do not agree with a fuck ton of shit going down these days. I will ALWAYS stand for my anthems, with my hand on my heart.

Pride isn't always easy so suck it up and buy some if you have to. I'm sure the NFL, an American organization, surely pays these asshats enough to afford a tutor to teach them the definition of pride.

Fuck Kap. Wrong way to put your word out. Period.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-2017, 08:12 PM
Learn to swim.

It gets even worse.

I just read that the Baltimore Ravens and Jacksonville Jaguars stood for the British National Anthem "God save the Queen" and then immediately dropped to a knee when their own home country Anthem began to play.

I have always been deeply honored to have had the opportunity to serve my country for 23 years, but after today I don't know what to think. A truly sad day for the United States of America.......

NFL In London: Ravens, Jaguars Stand for 'God Save the Queen', Kneel for 'Star-Spangled Banner' | Fox News Insider
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-24-2017, 08:22 PM
Learn to swim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZAMAN View Post
Kneeling for the Anthem doesn't fly with me. If anyone wants to disrespect this country they sit or kneel for the anthem.

Yes, it is far from perfect, but as I've said there is sooo much good here, and promise to get through this shit (and on to the next).

If you are upset at the way things arr being run, disrespecting the flag and all its symbolism by not recognizing the goddamn anthem get the fuck out and leave.

Stand up for the anthem and respect what you love about it, instead of cowering towards the seeming path of least resistance, and taking a knee. Pussies. There is no better way to divide the people.

I'm a naturalized American. I do not agree with a fuck ton of shit going down these days. I will ALWAYS stand for my anthems, with my hand on my heart.

Pride isn't always easy so suck it up and buy some if you have to. I'm sure the NFL, an American organization, surely pays these asshats enough to afford a tutor to teach them the definition of pride.

Fuck Kap. Wrong way to put your word out. Period.

Deep respect for you Rizaman for speaking your mind even though you know your opinion will be unpopular. Today was just so wrong in every way.

Shitty Presidents come and go, but our country and everything it offers and stands for will continue.

I hope all of this played out today and we can move on.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-24-2017, 08:58 PM
The goggles do nothing

RIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really nice
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpo_sharky View Post
Deep respect for you Rizaman for speaking your mind even though you know your opinion will be unpopular
Appreciate it, although I do need to say with such an even split with the country, election numbers etc., nothing is deemed unpopular.

Old 09-24-2017, 09:19 PM
Resident Lush

deft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nice

The KKK has very fine people but black/colored athletes peacefully demonstrating against racism and police brutality are sons of bitches? Trump has always been a fucking racist like his loser dad, fuck him.

Riz, the anthem/flag have nothing to do with honoring the country as much as honoring the constitution does, it's the first fucking amendment man. Every vet I know says wtf did they fight for? free speech, including shit like this.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:27 PM
Learn to swim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassan View Post
This is not a Trump political thread or I would have put it in that forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deft View Post
The KKK has very fine people but black/colored athletes peacefully demonstrating against racism and police brutality are sons of bitches? Trump has always been a fucking racist like his loser dad, fuck him.

Old 09-24-2017, 09:28 PM
The goggles do nothing

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by deft View Post
Riz, the anthem/flag have nothing to do with honoring the country as much as honoring the constitution does, it's the first fucking amendment man. Every vet I know says wtf did they fight for? free speech, including shit like this.
^Point taken, deft.

Do you think this is an appropriate manner in which to demonstrate that right, for the issue it represents though?
Old 09-24-2017, 09:35 PM
Resident Lush

deft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nice

Again, they started this in 2009, teams were never on the field before, it's not surprising that in this culture some want to make a point.
Old 09-24-2017, 09:44 PM
Resident Lush

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZAMAN View Post
^Point taken, deft.

Do you think this is an appropriate manner in which to demonstrate that right, for the issue it represents though?
Probably not but what else can they do? Kap has donated millions but still doesn't have a job even though he is better than 60% of starting QBs. He takes a knee and the POTUS calls him a son of a bitch?
Old 09-24-2017, 09:50 PM
Resident Lush

Quote:
Yeah all of this would make Betsy Ross roll over in her grave.

https://www.legion.org/flag/code
Old 09-25-2017, 01:39 AM

Magoo will become famous soon enoughMagoo will become famous soon enough

Old 09-25-2017, 01:42 AM

Magoo will become famous soon enoughMagoo will become famous soon enough

I feel like all this media uproar about the athletes are trying to distract us from something

Shit might hit the fan soon
Old 09-25-2017, 02:33 PM

xeene is just really nicexeene is just really nicexeene is just really nicexeene is just really nice

Nobody cares or people would stop watching football.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:06 PM
Honda Sucks

wild willy is just really nicewild willy is just really nicewild willy is just really nicewild willy is just really nice

Fukk the Steelers...Makes my hate for them and their fans even more justified.
04 Honda Oddy (POS)-GONE!!
Old 09-25-2017, 06:02 PM

Black Dragon will become famous soon enoughBlack Dragon will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
I feel like all this media uproar about the athletes are trying to distract us from something
from Puerto Rico....
Old 09-25-2017, 06:54 PM
Resident Lush

^ Puerto Rico is fucked beyond belief and North Korea thinks it's time to start droppin bombs. Little dick Trump would rather pick a fight with the NFL and NBA instead of helping our own people. He doesn't give a fuck about bringing this country together.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:14 PM
Resident Lush

Villanueva: ‘I Threw My Teammates Under The Bus Unintentionally’ CBS Pittsburgh

The fact he was even put in this position is screwed up, he should blame Trump, but he won't, true heroes don't point fingers even at those who deserve it.
Old 09-25-2017, 09:44 PM
Resident Lush

Quote: