Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS.NET LOUNGE > Off Topic!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2017, 05:12 AM

Al Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enoughAl Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Dragon View Post
But in this case, the bigot barrista did serve you the drink - i.e., the NFL players did play the game per their contract. Show me the clause in their contract that requires them to stand for the anthem.

You need to work on your analogies.
The national anthem/flag ceremony is what the military paid for not the game.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thomas Jefferson put it best: "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/...#ixzz2I3mJ17VQ
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-28-2017, 11:09 AM

Al Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enoughAl Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enough

NFL League Rulebook A62 63 National Anthem Rule | Time.com

Quote:
The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-28-2017, 01:00 PM

Black Dragon will become famous soon enoughBlack Dragon will become famous soon enough

^boy talk about lazy...

from the website YOU cited:

The NFL rulebook makes no mention of the national anthem. But the game operations manual does.

Here's what the game operations manual says regarding the national anthem, according to an NFL spokesperson:

The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem.

During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition. It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.

It's important to note the use of the word "may" here. The NFL is not considering punishing fines on players or teams who choose to kneel or stay in the locker room during the national anthem, the spokesperson says.

So you're comparing what is essentially an employee handbook to a collectively bargained contract. go to court, guess which document will hold water.

Last edited by Black Dragon; 09-28-2017 at 01:14 PM.
Old 09-28-2017, 01:20 PM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Sassan

if I am right......didn't the teams not come out until after the national anthem until 9/11 happened?
Old 09-28-2017, 01:25 PM

Black Dragon will become famous soon enoughBlack Dragon will become famous soon enough

^ actually 2009, though players always had the option to stand on the sidelines.

Did NFL Players Only Start Standing on Sidelines for National Anthem in 2009 After Government Payments?
Old 09-28-2017, 01:50 PM

Quote:
^boy talk about lazy...

from the website YOU cited:

The NFL rulebook makes no mention of the national anthem. But the game operations manual does.

Here's what the game operations manual says regarding the national anthem, according to an NFL spokesperson:

It's important to note the use of the word "may" here. The NFL is not considering punishing fines on players or teams who choose to kneel or stay in the locker room during the national anthem, the spokesperson says.

So you're comparing what is essentially an employee handbook to a collectively bargained contract. go to court, guess which document will hold water.
If fines, suspensions forfeiture of draft picks for violations can be levied against the teams and players then I am guessing that it will hold up and there is probably some part of the CBC that refers to the handbook as enforceable. This should have been enforced on day 1 and Kapernick should have been fined and suspended. The commissioner did not do his job.
Old 09-28-2017, 02:19 PM
Learn to swim.

cpo_sharky has a spectacular aura aboutcpo_sharky has a spectacular aura about

I think the NFL knows this is a public relations nightmare with a vast majority of its fans, but they fear the potential massive liberal MSM backlash so much they're willing to put up with the kneelers.

Talk about biting the hand that feeds you..........

DirecTV offering refunds for fans wishing to cancel NFL Sunday Ticket package

DirecTV is offering refunds for NFL Sunday Ticket to fans offended by national anthem protests - LA Times

WATCH: NFL fans burn season tickets, jerseys in response to anthem protests | NJ.com

WATCH: NFL Fans Burn Season Tickets And Jerseys | Daily Wire
Old 09-28-2017, 03:00 PM

^you better not boycott our weekly FF challenge

Last edited by Black Dragon; 09-28-2017 at 03:06 PM.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:33 PM
Learn to swim.

Quote:
^you better not boycott our weekly FF challenge
They can take a shit at midfield but I still wouldn't give up football.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:38 PM

yah foosball!!
Old 09-29-2017, 04:54 PM
Resident Lush

deft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassan View Post
??????
biggest troll on this site can't handle being trolled?
Old 09-29-2017, 05:00 PM
Resident Lush

deft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy's Friend Griff View Post
Dude. I am 4.8% Indian (feather not dot). My people are and were more oppressed than any ethnic group. My indian blood hates my Italian blood and causes me great pain each and every day. My people were slaughtered, forcibly removed from their lands and forced to abandon their religiin and culture. Stop your oppression and dismissing my more victim opinion.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
See now this is funny, thanks for playing along, I know your not a hateful prick even tho your online persona might try to convey otherwise

Seriously tho, I wish sports and politics would stay away from each other but alas.
Old 10-01-2017, 05:35 PM
Learn to swim.

Ticket prices down 7%
Ticket sales down 17%
Ratings down 11%
Favorability down 50%

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-01-2017, 06:49 PM
Honda Sucks

wild willy is just really nicewild willy is just really nicewild willy is just really nicewild willy is just really nice

FUKEM...I did not put a single game on in my house
04 Honda Oddy (POS)-GONE!!
Old 10-01-2017, 11:28 PM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Sassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpo_sharky View Post

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
They kneeled BEFORE the anthem and got booed?

Makes no sense and can be interpreted in a couple of ways at the same time.
Old 10-01-2017, 11:49 PM
Learn to swim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassan View Post
They kneeled BEFORE the anthem and got booed?

Makes no sense and can be interpreted in a couple of ways at the same time.
I don't think it is racism or patriotism, people are just tired of it all.

Last edited by cpo_sharky; 10-02-2017 at 09:20 AM. Reason: Ex Lax
Old 10-08-2017, 04:12 PM
Learn to swim.

Vice President Mike Pence leaves Colts-49ers game after players kneel during anthem | Fox News
Old 10-08-2017, 05:54 PM
Resident Lush

Publicity stunt, 49ers have been kneeling for 2-3 years, this was to appeal to his racist base and also proves Kap right. He also posted a picture from 2014 which makes me think he's a dumb fucking idiot. Trash, cowards, etc, seriously, hate filled garbage in human skin.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:58 PM
Learn to swim.

So now liberals don't like political statements at football games, who knew......
Old 10-08-2017, 08:22 PM
Resident Lush

^ you are an old useless idiot, seriously old man, go away nobody here likes you.