Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS.NET LOUNGE > Off Topic!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2017, 10:10 AM
Resident Lush

deft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nice

^ This storm damage will be measured in the billions, even with advanced warning there's not much you can do, 23 dead in the US and 90% of home in the Keys damaged or destroyed, damn nature you scary. Glad your good tho homie.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-16-2017, 11:19 AM
Learn to swim.

cpo_sharky has a spectacular aura aboutcpo_sharky has a spectacular aura about

While dozens of people drowned in Louisiana last year during a Houston like flood event Obama golfed in Martha's Vineyard.

Obama puts vacation above American people amid deadly Louisiana flooding - Washington Times

Obama gets update on deadly Louisiana floods, heads back to golf course - Washington Times
Old 09-17-2017, 10:06 PM
Resident Lush

deft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nice

^ jesus christ I knew you were racist but for fucks sake let it go, you have a klan member running the country into the ground. ow, congrats and move on.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-17-2017, 10:08 PM
Learn to swim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deft View Post
^ how many times a day do you say nigger? imma go with 5.
Wait, what.....lol.
Old 09-17-2017, 10:41 PM
Learn to swim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deft View Post
^ jesus christ I knew you were racist but for fucks sake let it go, you have a klan member running the country into the ground. ow, congrats and move on.
So, a ninja edit that goes even further to say "I knew you were racist"........My take, Griff was too kind on you. Go fuck yourself far away, deft. You're dead to me from here on out.

Seek professional help.................
Old 09-18-2017, 12:54 PM
Resident Lush

cool, peace out.
Old 09-19-2017, 08:08 AM

Magoo will become famous soon enoughMagoo will become famous soon enough

What about this hurricane Maria now?
Old 09-19-2017, 12:24 PM

Black Dragon will become famous soon enoughBlack Dragon will become famous soon enough

^bitch deserves a new thread?
Old 09-19-2017, 12:28 PM
The goggles do nothing

RIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really nice
Garage

^Man, The Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico are going to get slammed. Again. One of my buddy's dads is in Tortola, which was completely decimated. He didn't get word he was alive after Irma for days, and now this.

Although global warming is a political hot-topic, I'll try to exhibit my opinions on this without political imposition. There are a lot of trains of thought that this season is definitive PROOF that global warming is the direct culprit for such an active season. While warmer climate and oceans are directly responsible for driving the engine that fuels tropical cyclone development and lifespan, one year can not be isolated as proof of anything. As a career natural scientist the idea of global warming has always presented itself as a mystery - I have never been on any side of the fence. I do, however believe in science as a means to (at least attempt to) find answers.

2005 is a prime example. I experienced direct hits from Katrina and Wilma, and a few other less-impact storms (they went all the way through to "W" and THEN had to use the Greek alphabet to name 6 more systems, through January 2006). After 2005 a relative quiet period.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_A...rricane_season

People need to understand two things:

1. The Earth's natural history timeline is measured in millions and billions of years. Inconceivable by a human being to comprehend such large scale time frames.

2. Climate change and many other aspects of the Earth's history is CYCLIC. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

That being said, while considering the cyclic nature of natural phenomena, there does seem to be a GENERALLY increasing trend of tropical activity when looking at AVAILABLE historical data. We can NEVER assume that just one spike in activity is the smoking gun. Only bait-taking fools would believe anything else.

Tropical storm activity since 1850, a mere 167 years of records is all we have over billions of years of natural history:

Old 09-19-2017, 12:57 PM
Learn to swim.

^
Another point to consider is if we would have had satellites, hurricane hunter planes, shipping reports, and sea buoy data since 1850 then I'm willing to guess those early years of activity would bump up quite a bit and probably come close to leveling all activity out that time span.