Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS.NET LOUNGE > Off Topic!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2017, 11:22 AM

Al Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enoughAl Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enough
Default Security Camera Help

My office got broken into this weekend. I am wanting to get some security cameras set up. Anyone know if there are any systems out there that use wifi cameras? Running cables here will be a pain in the ass.

Thomas Jefferson put it best: "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/...#ixzz2I3mJ17VQ
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-07-2017, 01:06 PM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Sassan

Arlo. I have it in my house, 7 of them.

Pros: EASY to install, decent battery life, completely wireless, easy to use once you have your progamming set

Down: I have been fighting with them for months, and now actually helping them, to resolve an issue for a feature called geofencing. I have it set to where when either myself or my wife are 200 ft away from the home, it automatically arms, based on GPS location, then disarms upon our return. That said, this feature works up/down and is not stable, so I am helping their engineers.

If you are used to just arming/disarming a system, go with Arlo.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:29 PM

Al Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enoughAl Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enough

How is it's night vision capabilities?

I found one unit that looks promising

https://www.lorextechnology.com/wire.../LW720-84W-1-p

I want to be able to log in once the alarm goes off or if someone dumps shit in my dumpster or steal plants out side as well.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 08-07-2017, 02:10 PM
Bow down

Nismom has a spectacular aura aboutNismom has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Nismom Send a message via MSN to Nismom Send a message via Yahoo to Nismom
Visit Nismom's Facebook Visit Nismom's MySpace Visit Nismom's YouTube

Sorry, hon. What did they get?

With all the illegals you employ, I'm surprised you don't have a system already.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:17 PM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Sassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy's Friend Griff View Post
How is it's night vision capabilities?
I am happy with mine except for the geofencing I mentioned.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:22 PM

Magoo will become famous soon enoughMagoo will become famous soon enough

Dam bro sorry to hear , I hate thieves. What did they take, computers and bullshit I hope
Old 08-08-2017, 10:26 AM

They only took 2 blowers. Nothing else. It was more annoying than anything else. Plus I had to wake up and drive the 45 minutes to my office at 1 am to check it all out. Then I had to wake up early to go back and see if the door could be more secured.
Old 08-08-2017, 06:27 PM

xeene is just really nicexeene is just really nicexeene is just really nicexeene is just really nice

Interior or exterior cameras?
I have https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CW4B1UY..._.HJIzb74ESFR8
To monitors interior and exterior of the house.
It records about 24 hours of video on each cam, notifies of movement alerts if you want. You can set motion detection range so it doesn't alert trees moving from wind. Good for outside through window if you have outdoor lighting as I had to disable ir or it would reflect off the glass. Plus it's cheap with no subscriptions and the easiest in the world to setup. I went through about half a dozen different cameras. With this you don't have to fiddle with router port forwarding and setting up static ip for cameras and no ddns to use.
This is night vision with out ir on

This is pitch black room at night with ir on
Old 08-08-2017, 09:20 PM
Learn to swim.

cpo_sharky has a spectacular aura aboutcpo_sharky has a spectacular aura about

^
That's cool as hell. Ever see anything creepy or people doing weird shit?
Old 08-09-2017, 06:22 AM

xeene is just really nicexeene is just really nicexeene is just really nicexeene is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpo_sharky View Post
^
That's cool as hell. Ever see anything creepy or people doing weird shit?
Nah just skunks and cats walking around at night.
Old 08-09-2017, 10:25 AM

I have a meeting with my new internet providers security camera division tomorrow. We will see what they have to offer.
Old 08-14-2017, 10:59 PM
Superadmin to the rescue!

ABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassan View Post
Arlo. I have it in my house, 7 of them.
7 wireless cams sounds demanding on a home network. What kind of wifi router are you running to support the bandwidth?