Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS.NET LOUNGE > Off Topic!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2017, 01:46 PM

dsuave624 has a spectacular aura aboutdsuave624 has a spectacular aura aboutdsuave624 has a spectacular aura about
Default 2017: Accord Touring vs Altima 3.5 SL

Finally narrowed down my search to these two. Will probably buy something by 7/5 since that is when the current finance deals are over (Honda: 0.9% @ 60mo, Nissan: 0.0% @ 72mo).

I'm slightly leaning towards the accord simply for aesthetics. Love the 19's and the exterior styling. And I think the interior is slightly sleeker.

The Altima has slightly less features, is around $900 less and get's slightly better mpg.

Going with the accord will cost me around an additional $600 in interest (totalling $1500) and my monthly cashflow will be less since it is a 60 months term as opposed to Nissan's 72 month.

Thoughts?
Old 06-26-2017, 05:48 PM
Resident Lush

deft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nice

If the cash flow doesn't hurt you too much go with the Accord, looks way better, interior is more refined and it will out handle the Altima.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-26-2017, 06:11 PM

dsuave624 has a spectacular aura aboutdsuave624 has a spectacular aura aboutdsuave624 has a spectacular aura about

^thats exactly how I feel. I love the way the accord looks. If I did 1.9 at 72mo, the difference is about $20/mo. Not that big a deal but the frugal in me clenches at paying the interest when there is a no interest option. Lol
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-26-2017, 06:42 PM

xeene is just really nicexeene is just really nicexeene is just really nicexeene is just really nice

Residual value of accord is much better then Altima.
Old 06-26-2017, 07:25 PM
Learn to swim.

cpo_sharky has a spectacular aura aboutcpo_sharky has a spectacular aura about

The Accord hands down.
Old 06-27-2017, 09:19 AM

I went to see both last night in person. The accord is much sleeker and more refined. I'm going to start to email the internet managers to see who can give me the best rate.

Speaking of which, the 2018 accord is going to be a new generation and Honda will be releasing the official details on 7/14. Should I wait for this car to be unveiled? I'm thinking/hoping the price of a 2017 may drop by maybe an extra $1k when make this announcement since people may wait for the 2018's.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:35 AM
Learn to swim.

Personally, I would wait for the 2018 model. It will probably have much improved technology, better interior, stiffer chassis/quieter ride/better handling, better engine etc etc.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:21 PM
2-Time BCS National Champ

LSUtigerME has a spectacular aura aboutLSUtigerME has a spectacular aura about

Get the 2017 Accord. If you can wait for the announcement of the 2018, do that. The finance deals will come right back. They are pretty much constant in today's car buying environment.

I had a 2013 Accord (totaled it) and now have a 2014 Accord EX-L V6 w/ Nav. The refreshed version looks awesome.

The Touring has limited color combo options, which is what kept me from getting it. The only real upgrade was the LED headlights, which are pretty sweet.

The engine is great, the ride and NVH are generally a little more comfortable than Nissan. It also doesn't have a CVT (unless they changed that on the Honda V6 in the refresh). I prefer the leather and interior a little more as well. They are both great cars.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:49 PM
Honda Sucks

wild willy is just really nicewild willy is just really nicewild willy is just really nicewild willy is just really nice

I personally hate honda.....However....the new accord looks like a Bmw and a Benz fucked and made a baby. Hands down...Looks better...I love the VQ, but hate the CVT....You will make up the money on resale value with the Honda
04 Honda Oddy (POS)-GONE!!
Old 06-27-2017, 11:46 PM
Superadmin to the rescue!

ABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to behold

I also like the accord. I really like the option dual screens in the center console that gives you android auto/apple carplay options. That is a huge win IMO.

With that said, the new CRV has a sleek looking tablet screen in their center console. I hope the 2018 accord gets that.
Old 06-28-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUtigerME View Post
Get the 2017 Accord. If you can wait for the announcement of the 2018, do that. The finance deals will come right back. They are pretty much constant in today's car buying environment.
I think I will do this. I'm hoping that with the announcement of the 2018's, dealers will start to push 2017's off their lot by offering promotions.
Old 06-28-2017, 11:28 AM
Resident Lush

deft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nice

Burka aside it looks like not much has changed, def wait for the details of its release and buy a 2017 near the end of the year.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:25 PM
Bow down

Nismom has a spectacular aura aboutNismom has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Nismom Send a message via MSN to Nismom Send a message via Yahoo to Nismom
Visit Nismom's Facebook Visit Nismom's MySpace Visit Nismom's YouTube

NEVER buy a first-year production model! They haven't worked out all the kinks and it will be nothing but problems until they do. You will be paying for a rental car, lol.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:26 PM
Bow down

Nismom has a spectacular aura aboutNismom has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Nismom Send a message via MSN to Nismom Send a message via Yahoo to Nismom
Visit Nismom's Facebook Visit Nismom's MySpace Visit Nismom's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by deft View Post
Burka aside it looks like not much has changed, def wait for the details of its release and buy a 2017 near the end of the year.
If you can wait until the end of the year, go on 12/31. BEST day of the year to buy.
Old 06-28-2017, 12:44 PM
Resident Lush

^ I agree if it's a complete mechanical reboot (my 2015 Murano has had 3 recalls) I don't think they're changing the Accord enough to be afraid of it.
Old 06-28-2017, 02:46 PM
Honda Sucks

wild willy is just really nicewild willy is just really nicewild willy is just really nicewild willy is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismom View Post
NEVER buy a first-year production model! They haven't worked out all the kinks and it will be nothing but problems until they do. You will be paying for a rental car, lol.
Sometimes.....89 240 SX---great car, 91 MR2 Great car, 02 SE Altima-Great Car

, 04 GTO-Great car, 2012 Altima SR- Great car-Aside from CVT, Last model Yr 04 Honda Oddy....biggest POS I ever owned
Old 06-30-2017, 03:54 PM

Intriguing...

2018 Toyota Camry - Photo Gallery | Car and Driver
Old 06-30-2017, 06:24 PM
Resident Lush

^ remember who Toyotas target audience is, there's a 99% that car will be boring as hell to drive.
Old 06-30-2017, 09:32 PM
Learn to swim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsuave624 View Post
That front bumper/grill looks utterly ridiculous. Dafuq they thinkin..........

Old 07-01-2017, 09:02 AM
Honda Sucks

Looks like Predator