Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS.NET LOUNGE > Off Topic!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2017, 11:53 PM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sassan
Default Uber

Used it many times as a passenger, especially when in Mexico because it is so cheap.

Today, did it for the first time as a driver. In an hour and a half, made like $60 and met some hot women. Can't complain.

My job is literally on the airport runway. I figure there MUST be someone headed the same direction as me at 5pm or headed that way at 8am.....so why not? Two trips a week will pay for my gas.

Fuck it, may as well use it to my advantage.
Old 05-20-2017, 01:22 AM
Learn to swim.

cpo_sharky has a spectacular aura aboutcpo_sharky has a spectacular aura about

I've seriously thought about it, but my hang-up is the thought of people vomiting in my back seat or doing other fucked up shit in my car.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:45 AM
Honda Sucks

wild willy is just really nicewild willy is just really nicewild willy is just really nicewild willy is just really nice

Fuck that....ain't no potentially filthy bed bug havin mother fucker getting in my High Dolla CVT Altima performance sedan...........
04 Honda Oddy (POS)-GONE!!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-20-2017, 02:59 PM

Magoo will become famous soon enoughMagoo will become famous soon enough

LMAO CVT Altima
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-20-2017, 03:28 PM
Resident Lush

deft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpo_sharky View Post
I've seriously thought about it, but my hang-up is the thought of people vomiting in my back seat or doing other fucked up shit in my car.
You don't have to work at night if you don't want to, my buddy does it because he lives downtown and does ok but that's usually when more drivers are out too. I bet mid day or weekend airport runs is where the easy money is.
Old 05-20-2017, 04:47 PM
Learn to swim.

cpo_sharky has a spectacular aura aboutcpo_sharky has a spectacular aura about

^
That's true. If I wasn't lazy I'd buy a small base model Hyundai/Kia SUV and drive that bitch around for 40-50 hours a week. Better yet, it would be cool if Uber/Lyft would lease a vehicle to drivers.
Old 05-20-2017, 11:41 PM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Garage

^I know Uber does it. Don't know about Lyft.

I will NOT be working past 9pm ever when people are drunk. This is to get them TO the bar, not from.

Again, only doing this because I am going to/from the airport daily. Otherwise, hell no.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:05 PM
2-Time BCS National Champ

LSUtigerME has a spectacular aura aboutLSUtigerME has a spectacular aura about

Decent way to make some side cash. Need to drive a lot to make a sustainable income, from what I've seen. Also, some people don't meet all the qualifications.

I'd do it if my commute was to desirable areas, or I was single/no kid.
Old 05-23-2017, 06:54 AM
Honda Sucks

wild willy is just really nicewild willy is just really nicewild willy is just really nicewild willy is just really nice

How does this impact our insurance? I am sure if your insurer found out your rates would sky rocket..or they would drop you
Old 05-24-2017, 11:01 AM

Pulski is on a distinguished road

Lost a huge post I'd written up so this will be a bit less verbose.

I've been doing Uber (and more recently Lyft) for just over a year, mostly during bar/party times around the University of Massachusetts - Amherst campus. AMA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassan View Post
Used it many times as a passenger, especially when in Mexico because it is so cheap.

Today, did it for the first time as a driver. In an hour and a half, made like $60 and met some hot women. Can't complain.

My job is literally on the airport runway. I figure there MUST be someone headed the same direction as me at 5pm or headed that way at 8am.....so why not? Two trips a week will pay for my gas.

Fuck it, may as well use it to my advantage.
The best feature you can use is the destination filter. You may not get a ride, but those are on the job miles that can be deducted on taxes. Mileage tracking is super important, as neither app gives a complete picture. Uber only counts on-trip miles, not the distance to pick up. Neither Uber or Lyft includes incidental miles such as getting gas, staging yourself in a busy area, etc. This is where a logbook, or a tracking app, is key.

Personally I use QuickBooks Self-Employed which manages my finances/taxes as well as automatic tracking any time I'm in the car.

Quote:
People know how bad that is for them. In my year of driving I've had a total of one puker and we got pulled over in time for them to make a clean "exit". It's pretty universally known that if you puke in an Uber you're on the hook for as much as $200 for cleaning fees.

I've been offered coke as a tip, had people leave mixed drinks in the back cup holders, but mostly people are pretty civilized.

Quote:
^
That's true. If I wasn't lazy I'd buy a small base model Hyundai/Kia SUV and drive that bitch around for 40-50 hours a week. Better yet, it would be cool if Uber/Lyft would lease a vehicle to drivers.
Quote:
^I know Uber does it. Don't know about Lyft.

I will NOT be working past 9pm ever when people are drunk. This is to get them TO the bar, not from.

Again, only doing this because I am going to/from the airport daily. Otherwise, hell no.
The lease costs through Uber are insane. If you're not working 40+ hours in a busy area you're going to have a bad time. You're way better off buying a car.

I'm not sure about your area, but our bars close at 1 am so the big rush is between 10:00 and 11:45, then again from 1 until around 2 or 3. (A lot of people get food before going home). If I'm not in the mood, I'll shut down at midnight. Otherwise I keep on it until that is all over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild willy View Post
How does this impact our insurance? I am sure if your insurer found out your rates would sky rocket..or they would drop you
Yeah about that... There are some companies that offer phase 1 coverage for rideshare drivers, but most do not. My insurance company just doesn't know, but would probably drop me if I were to have an accident while working. (Uber/Lyft's insurance should cover it though)
Old 05-24-2017, 11:19 AM
Bow down

Nismom has a spectacular aura aboutNismom has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Nismom Send a message via MSN to Nismom Send a message via Yahoo to Nismom
Visit Nismom's Facebook Visit Nismom's MySpace Visit Nismom's YouTube

^ That's the condensed version? :p HBD, BTW <3

My first husband would sometimes "Uber" before it was a thing, lol. When we lived by ASU drunk people would pay him for rides around Tempe ALL the time!
Old 05-24-2017, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismom View Post
^ That's the condensed version? :p HBD, BTW <3

My first husband would sometimes "Uber" before it was a thing, lol. When we lived by ASU drunk people would pay him for rides around Tempe ALL the time!
Hey, most of that is quotes, haha. Thanks :
Old 05-25-2017, 12:57 PM
Admin

Garage

^holy fuck you are a alive.
Old 05-25-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
^holy fuck you are a alive.
Gonna take more than a few drunk undergrads to take me out.