Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS.NET LOUNGE > Off Topic!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2017, 08:09 AM
Resident Lush

deft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nice
Thumbs down Chris Cornell

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/05/1...ww.google.com/

What the fuck man, this guy had the greatest voice of anyone in that genre, Layne Staley was a close second. Kurt Cobain, Scott Weiland, Layne Staley all gone yet Eddie Vedder is still around? I hate this world.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-18-2017, 08:57 AM
The goggles do nothing

RIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really nice
Garage

Fuckin fuck. Was coming here to post. I've seen my fair share of shows, and when I saw Cornell years ago [solo in 2000] i could not believe that sound was coming from a mortal man. I'll never forget it.

FUCK.

RIP
Old 05-18-2017, 10:52 AM

Al Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enoughAl Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enough

Being investigated a possible suicide.

Being in Detroit will make you want to do that.

Thomas Jefferson put it best: "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/...#ixzz2I3mJ17VQ
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-18-2017, 10:55 AM
Resident Lush

deft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nice

^ I'm gonna guess it's the same thing that happened to Prince, accidental OD on prescription drugs.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:08 PM
Learn to swim.

cpo_sharky has a spectacular aura aboutcpo_sharky has a spectacular aura about

Wow, maybe he had money issues?
Old 05-18-2017, 12:54 PM
Resident Lush

^ I can't imagine, he was touring with Soundgarden so money was coming in, not to mention he has never been stagnant with his own solo gig and Audioslave. Couldn't have been family issues either as his wife was on tour with him.... I'm still thinking accidental, I'm actually just hoping it was, he was a beast.
Old 05-18-2017, 01:09 PM
Learn to swim.

If it wasn't over money or a relationship then maybe it was just deep depression. I wonder if he has a history of depression and any previous suicide attempts? I know he has been treated for alcoholism in the past, so maybe he was just disgusted with himself for not being able to kick the habit (/takes off shrink hat)
Old 05-18-2017, 01:17 PM
Resident Lush

^ Was reading a little more, he was a drug addict at 13 which is usually a mask for depression and fought it his whole life, so def OD whether accidental or on purpose we might not ever know. After seeing all these talented musicians die of drugs I understand why their music was amazing, you have to be seriously troubled to write good music.
Old 05-18-2017, 01:36 PM
Learn to swim.

Either way, it sucks. Out of all of his great vocals/writings over dozens of albums, my favorite of his wasn't even with Sound Garden, it was the collaboration band Temple of the Dog.

These first two still give me chills to this day:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
Old 05-18-2017, 02:06 PM
Bow down

Nismom has a spectacular aura aboutNismom has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Nismom Send a message via MSN to Nismom Send a message via Yahoo to Nismom
Visit Nismom's Facebook Visit Nismom's MySpace Visit Nismom's YouTube

Fell on Black Days, Hunger Strike, and Like a Stone are my fave Chris Cornell songs.

Sooooo sad. :'(
Old 05-18-2017, 02:38 PM

Al Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enoughAl Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enough

Autoerotic exphixiation

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2017, 02:38 PM
Bow down

Send a message via AIM to Nismom Send a message via MSN to Nismom Send a message via Yahoo to Nismom

Dammit! Fell on Black Days just came on my iHeart station and it's totally bummin' me out.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:06 PM
Resident Lush

^ That was my favorite Soundgarden song, also I wore the fuck outta this shirt in high school

That album (Superunknown) was amazing, Fell on Black Days, Spoonman, The Day I Tried to Live, Black Hole Sun.
Old 05-18-2017, 03:36 PM
Bow down

FOBD is my fave SG song, too! My BFF had a band a few years that did all rock/metal covers and I suggested FOBD to be put on their line up when they were looking for new songs!

They were gonna do it, too, but then a bunch of shit happened, including my friend getting injured and couldn't play and the band went through some changes, lol.
Old 05-18-2017, 05:25 PM
The goggles do nothing

RIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really nice
Garage

Seems Soundgardens's last song was Led Zeppelin's "In My Time of Dying" (my all-time favorite Zep tune from my all-time favorite Zep album)...

http://www.guitarworld.com/artist-ne...-suicide/31186

Quote:
It also has come to light that the very last song Soundgarden performed*last night (which was, of course, Cornell's final performance) was Led Zeppelin's*"In My Time of Dying," which features the opening lines:*"In my time of dying, I want nobody to mourn /*All I want for you to do is take my body home."
Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2017, 08:08 PM
Resident Lush

I can't find a link for some reason but I heard on satellite radio he hung himself, what the fuck man.
Old 05-18-2017, 08:35 PM
Learn to swim.

^
This seems to be the preferred method these days: Robin Williams, Aaron Hernandez, and now Chris. Supposedly you will pass out before you get a chance to change your mind.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:01 PM
The goggles do nothing

Garage

+1 deft, what the fuck. Still want to hear tox screen results though.

I've been singing Temple of the Dog to myself all fuckin day. I've been depressed, and have always wrestled with anxiety and temper issues. I'll never take my own life.

This sort of thing irks me enough (we all have known someone). Some think some people with severe depression are just wired for it and it will happen regardless... Death in general scares the fuck out of me, but preventable loss of [such talented] life really puts me down.

FWIW Badmotorfinger was up there on my list.

I miss him. I am sad. SMH.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Old 05-18-2017, 09:48 PM
Learn to swim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZAMAN View Post
I've been depressed, and have always wrestled with anxiety and temper issues. I'll never take my own life.

This sort of thing irks me enough (we all have known someone). Some think some people with severe depression are just wired for it and it will happen regardless...
Sounds like we are brothers from another mother.

Suicidal people need to really try and focus on all of the people in their lives they will impact by taking their own life. I think it was Henry Rollins who recently said that once a person has children they lose their right to kill themselves. Hard to disagree with that......
Old 05-18-2017, 10:35 PM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sassan

Was supposed to play here in Columbus tomorrow at a festival.

After Chris Cornell?s Death: Pointfest Cancelled, Rock On The Range Promises To Honor Him - Stereogum