Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS.NET LOUNGE > Off Topic!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2017, 12:48 PM
Resident Lush

deft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nice

The United Airlines Doctor…Yeah He Had Felony Drug Charges And Exchanged Drugs For Sex - Barstool Sports

Not that any of this matters but it is kind of funny the sordid shit people have in their past.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-11-2017, 12:54 PM

xeene is just really nicexeene is just really nicexeene is just really nicexeene is just really nice

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-11-2017, 03:11 PM

Al Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enoughAl Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enough

I fucking love Airplane!

Thomas Jefferson put it best: "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.”
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/...#ixzz2I3mJ17VQ
Old 04-11-2017, 03:28 PM
Learn to swim.

cpo_sharky has a spectacular aura aboutcpo_sharky has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by deft View Post
The United Airlines Doctor…Yeah He Had Felony Drug Charges And Exchanged Drugs For Sex - Barstool Sports

Not that any of this matters but it is kind of funny the sordid shit people have in their past.
Some of the other Doctor's he has worked with say he would just do his own thing regarding medical issues.......I feel sorry for his patients.

All Airlines basically suck and all overbook, so I don't blame United directly. This whole issue was caused by a couple of Rambo security agents and a man-boy that screamed like a girl while letting himself get dragged across the floor like a spoiled child.

Either way, I'm sure he is going to get a nice out of court settlement.
Old 04-11-2017, 03:54 PM
Learn to swim.

I love Kimmel....

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I'd love to join the mile-high club with that flight attendant.
Old 04-11-2017, 04:21 PM
Bow down

Nismom has a spectacular aura aboutNismom has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Nismom Send a message via MSN to Nismom Send a message via Yahoo to Nismom
Visit Nismom's Facebook Visit Nismom's MySpace Visit Nismom's YouTube

I've tried to read up on the Code of Carriage best I could without actually HAVING one, plus I'm at work, lol. But, it's my understanding that you have to give the passenger(s) being "reaccomodated" something in writing giving your reasons for them to deplane, and I doubt United did. So, while they may rely on the COC to back up their "We have the right to kick anyone off" claim, I don't think they did it by the book, which means THEY are in violation of their own COC, not the passenger.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:11 PM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy's Friend Griff View Post
United should have figured it all out before they let the people on the plane.

This is the most sensible thing you have ever said on the forum.

You have 100 seats. You have 101 passengers. Why would you fill the 100 seats if passenger #101 has a higher priority than #100?
Old 04-13-2017, 10:24 AM

Al Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enoughAl Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enough

I always say sensible things. You people are just to liberal to recognize it.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:49 AM
The goggles do nothing

RIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really nice
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIZAMAN View Post
+1. We fly a lot. Unfortunately AA has all of our miles so we use them frequently. They're almost always overbooked, offer $800-1000 vouchers and there are ALWAYS folks volunteering to snag the voucher.
And they announce the voucher availability BEFORE the boarding process begins, every time.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:50 PM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Bundy's Friend Griff View Post
I always say sensible things. You people are just to liberal to recognize it.
Old 04-16-2017, 09:20 PM

xeene is just really nicexeene is just really nicexeene is just really nicexeene is just really nice

United in the news yet again
Man, fiancée kicked off United flight en route to their wedding
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.3062286
Old 04-16-2017, 11:41 PM
Learn to swim.

I've been thinking , why exactly was United Airlines the bad guy? They followed the standard (yes bad) airline script when offering cash/vouchers to entice passengers of an overbooked flight to voluntarily leave.

They needed 4 passengers to give up their seats, and three eventually did. Now we all know the Doctor refused, but legally any airline has the right to demand passengers of an overbooked flight to give up their seats, as is stated in the fine print of every boarding ticket. Nothing new there....

Now here is where I believe United (or any other airline) was unfairly targeted. The Doctor refused to leave so United called the Chicago Police department. The police boarded the plane and fucked the guy up for resisting.

So my question is, why is that United's fault? It was the CPD's violent actions, not United's.....am I wrong? It's not like the pilot or any other United employee was involved in the Doctor's removal, it was the local police.
Old 04-17-2017, 02:14 PM
Bow down

Send a message via AIM to Nismom Send a message via MSN to Nismom Send a message via Yahoo to Nismom

^ Read post #26.
Old 04-17-2017, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpo_sharky View Post
I've been thinking , why exactly was United Airlines the bad guy? They followed the standard (yes bad) airline script when offering cash/vouchers to entice passengers of an overbooked flight to voluntarily leave.

They needed 4 passengers to give up their seats, and three eventually did. Now we all know the Doctor refused, but legally any airline has the right to demand passengers of an overbooked flight to give up their seats, as is stated in the fine print of every boarding ticket. Nothing new there....

Now here is where I believe United (or any other airline) was unfairly targeted. The Doctor refused to leave so United called the Chicago Police department. The police boarded the plane and fucked the guy up for resisting.

So my question is, why is that United's fault? It was the CPD's violent actions, not United's.....am I wrong? It's not like the pilot or any other United employee was involved in the Doctor's removal, it was the local police.
They asked passengers to leave after they have boarded and have been seated. All reaccomodations are supposed to happen before passengers board the plane. It happens every day but at the gate not inside the plane when everyone is seated.
Old 04-18-2017, 11:14 AM

Mike Rowe had a great musing about this. He said the scariest thing about this is everyone is saying that the guy did nothing wrong and United CEO apologized and said that he did nothing wrong. Now millions of passengers will think they did nothing wrong and refuse to obey flight attendants and pilots as well. Whether we like it or not he did do something wrong in that when he was asked to leave the plane he refused. He has no right to fly.

On a side note: This is the same reason I hate illegal immigration. People not following the rules puts us all in danger.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:15 PM

United can't get a break it seems. This time they served an ice cream sundae full of glass to it's first class passenger
http://bgr.com/2017/04/17/united-air...-cream-sundae/
Old 04-21-2017, 08:56 AM
Bow down

IDK what to think about the ice cream story. I mean, he ate the glass....? So, there is no evidence? How do you know it was glass then? If you think you're chewing glass you spit it out, you don't swallow it!

On a side note - if this is true, then they must have hit him pretty damn hard!!!

"...airport police hit his face against an armrest, causing a concussion and facial injuries that required reconstructive surgery."
Old 04-27-2017, 12:25 PM

Here is the detailed version of why and how things happened on this United flight http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/04/2...ntary-bumping/
"Summary of What Happened on United Express Flight 3411
Sunday, April 9, 2017

United Express Flight 3411 is regularly scheduled to fly Sunday through Friday from O’Hare to Louisville, with a planned departure of 5:40 p.m. CDT and an arrival of 8:02 p.m. EDT. Seating capacity is 70 customers.

Before boarding, flight 3411 was overbooked by one customer. Despite early attempts by United, via website/kiosk and multiple announcements at the gate asking for customers willing to take later flights, there were no volunteers. As a result, one customer who had not yet been given a seat assignment was involuntarily denied boarding (see Involuntary Denied Boarding Selection Process sidebar). The customer received a check as compensation and was booked on another United flight. The other customers were then called to board the plane.

At the same time, an earlier flight to Louisville, originally scheduled to depart O’Hare at 2:55 p.m. CDT was experiencing a maintenance issue (it was unclear if this issue could be fixed, but regardless, it would depart after flight 3411). Booked on this flight were four crew members, scheduled to operate the early Monday morning United Express flight from Louisville to Newark. Without this crew’s timely arrival in Louisville, there was the prospect of disrupting more than 100 United customers by canceling at least one flight on Monday and likely more. With this in mind, the four crew members were booked on flight 3411, creating the need to identify four customers who would not be able to take the flight.

United agents began to seek four volunteers, this time while customers were seated on the aircraft. The agent offered an $800 travel credit plus the cost of meals and hotel accommodations for the evening, but no customers were willing to accept the offer. The agent then followed the involuntary denial of boarding selection process to determine which customers would be asked to leave the airplane.

Once the four customers on flight 3411 were identified, the United supervisor spoke with two of the customers, a couple, who then departed the aircraft and received compensation.

The next customers approached were Dr. Dao and his wife. The supervisor apologized and explained they would also need to depart the aircraft, but Dr. Dao refused. The supervisor was unable to convince Dr. Dao to depart the aircraft. Given Dr. Dao’s unwillingness to deplane, the supervisor left the plane and spoke to the United zone controller, who indicated that authorities would be contacted. The supervisor went back on the plane to request again that Dr. Dao deplane and advised him that authorities would be contacted. At this point, one customer onboard the aircraft volunteered to change flights for $1,000 but United needed two volunteers in order to avoid having to remove the Daos. No other customers would volunteer unless United could guarantee an arrival in Louisville later that night. Given the fact that the 2:55 p.m. CDT departure remained on a maintenance delay, with a possibility of cancelling, United could not make that commitment.

Officers from the Chicago Department of Aviation, which has authority to respond to such airline requests and historically has been effective in getting customers to voluntarily comply, answered United’s request for assistance. These security officers were unable to gain Dr. Dao’s cooperation to depart the plane voluntarily.

At this time, the United supervisor left the aircraft and attempted to call a manager about the situation, and Dr. Dao, as evidenced by widely reported video footage, was physically removed from his seat by the Chicago Department of Aviation Officers. After being forcibly removed from the aircraft, Dr. Dao ran back onto the airplane and Chicago Department of Aviation Officers removed him for a second time. He was later taken to a local hospital.

All customers then deplaned. After approximately 40 minutes, the flight re boarded without the Daos and departed for Louisville."
Old 04-27-2017, 12:34 PM

^The moment he ran back on they should have declared him a terrorist and shot him. His fault for bloody nose. He should also be black listed by every airline going forward.
Old 04-27-2017, 01:01 PM

Black Dragon will become famous soon enoughBlack Dragon will become famous soon enough

^bullshit.

The whole incident could have been avoided by united not being cheap asses and choosing to boot paid and already seated customers instead of finding alternate means of transportation to get the four to Loiseville.

And you're ok with cops shooting unarmed citizens in the back while in close vicinity of dozens of bystanders. Glad you ain't a cop.