Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS.NET LOUNGE > Off Topic!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2017, 10:48 PM

Al Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enoughAl Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enough
Default Island Vacations

Was thinking of taking a trip in April Need some recommendations. Thinking about the Caribbean or Bahamas'. All inclusive or not either way is good for us. A cruise would be okay as well. What cruise line is the best and cleanest so I don't get one of those diseases or get stuck on a ship with over flowing toilets. Hawaii is in the cards as well.

Only going for a week or I would be all over Bora Bora.

Thomas Jefferson put it best: "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/...#ixzz2I3mJ17VQ
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-29-2017, 11:12 PM
Learn to swim.

cpo_sharky has a spectacular aura aboutcpo_sharky has a spectacular aura about

Guam.

Was stationed there for two years during the end of my Naval career. Much cleaner water and air than Hawaii (plus no massive homeless population like Hawaii) and the scuba diving is second to none. Also, the whore's are galore at the strip clubs, but you're married now so there's that.........

Guam Tourism | Hotels, Restaurants, Events, and Things to Do
Old 01-29-2017, 11:29 PM

Al Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enoughAl Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enough

If I had more time that might be a possibility but it is farther than Bora Bora where I would go if I had more time. On a week long trip I don't want to be in airplanes for 2 of those days.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-30-2017, 09:11 AM

JayStarzZ is a jewel in the roughJayStarzZ is a jewel in the roughJayStarzZ is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to JayStarzZ

Ahhh .. my favorite subject

Your criteria is kinda broad at this point .. just a few questions, if I may?

What is your budget? What are you interested in doing ? Straight relaxing/lounging on the beach/playing the resort? Or would you like to get out & explore/see the island (wherever that may be)? A little bit of both? Is food a major criteria for you or not?

Cruises can be fun, depending on what your interests / desires are. Do you care about having "days at sea"? Or would you prefer to stop at as many ports as possible? I haven't cruised in many years, but I did one on Carnival and it was fun. I think you'd do just fine with just about any of the major cruise lines.

Start with those questions & we'll take it from there

Regarding Bora Bora .. I would say,if you have the means - FIND A WAY to take / add two extra travels days (one on each end) to the week & GO! Thats what I did cause I was not trying to go there for less than one full week! It will, and would be SO worth it to go bro .. its life changing, and something you will remember for the rest of your days .. Just my opinion on on that

Alien OVERTHROW
Old 01-30-2017, 10:05 AM

dsuave624 has a spectacular aura aboutdsuave624 has a spectacular aura aboutdsuave624 has a spectacular aura about

I've been to almost every Caribbean island and I can also help. But yeah, answer Jay's questions and we can steer you in the right direction in terms of locations and options.

I've been on four cruises and they are a certain type of vacation. It's not for everyone. It's schedule based and you have no choice but to follow the schedule if you want to take advantage of the off-shore excursions. You have to eat at allotted times and dress up for meals. If you're looking to lounge and relax, not worry about dressing for dinner and want to sleep in until 11a, think of other options. I love cruises, but I have to be in the mood for a cruise. Also, drinks add up, FAST. You can't pay for drinks on the boat and they charge them to your room so you easily lose track. Biggest plus with cruises is the food. Great food everywhere. Meals are top notch. Best cruise line, hands down, Royal Caribbean. If you do a cruise, you can save lots of money by going during hurricane season in late august, early sept. Just choose a southern Caribbean itinerary (aruba, curacao, st. marteen, turks caicos, Barbados, etc.) and you avoid the hurricane belt (which is usually in line with Puerto rico and north).

My wife and I are going to Jamaica in may to celebrate our 10 year. We want a pure relaxing vacation. I want to wear nothing but a bathing suit, flip flops and T-shirts all week long.
Old 01-30-2017, 12:28 PM

JayStarzZ is a jewel in the roughJayStarzZ is a jewel in the roughJayStarzZ is a jewel in the rough

Forgot to add, Hawaii isnt that far of a trek for you either so. . good to see thats on the table
Old 01-30-2017, 01:02 PM

We haven't set a budget yet. Probably 5000 or so plus airfare.

Relax and a little exploring. That is why a cruise is in consideration. I would like to go to an island where I can get a shit ton of Cuban cigars. I actually thought about a cruise to Cuba now that they are open but Trump may end that.

I am a picky eater. I have a slight allergy to shell fish and prefer to eat steak and chicken. But when in Rome I will eat like a Roman and hope to god to not shit my pants.

We are looking for a trip of about a week. I can get more time off but she is limited and I think she would be mad if I sent her home and stayed an extra few days.
Old 01-30-2017, 01:22 PM

Magoo will become famous soon enoughMagoo will become famous soon enough

I vote against cruises and DS made most of the points why. In addition, it has a lot to do with the people that you are on the cruise ship with because you are stuck with them the entire time. If there are kids on the ship it fuckin sucks.

I just looked up Guam because I never heard of it before. Damn, shit looks far as hell.
Old 01-30-2017, 01:25 PM

Hmm ..

With that kind of budget you should be able to swing just about any destination you fancy.

A cruise may suit your needs if you wanna mix up some relaxing & adventuring. A bunch of islands would be suitable for that as well .. I honestly would avoid D.R. & Jamaica (sorry D ) if you want to kind of venture out, especially on your own & get some adventuring. Its def possible but, those are the kinds of places where you kinda play the resort most of time as opposed to adventuring. I liked both places but, far from the top slots on my list.

I'm not too sure about cigars, sorry

I'm a super picky eater myself, I dont really eat seafood lol. But nowadays, most islands are developed & more than adequately equipped to fulfill your food wishes.

Aruba is fun, people super friendly, LOTS of dining & good food options .. I had alot of fun there, its really safe too. Bahamas is fuckin awesome, I'm actually headed to Great Exuma end of May for my 40th
But I have only traveled to the "Out Islands" (not Nassau) where things are really underdeveloped & quiet .. food options may be limited in the Out Islands although I did not have any problems. Nassau is the main tourist destination & has just about everything to fit anyone's needs. I Just prefer quiet & seclusion really.
I've been thru alot of the Caribbean myself, and have always enjoyed every place I've been. You might want to take a look on TripAdvisor@the caribbean destinations & see if anything jumps out at you:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-...Vacations.html

Hawaii is ALOT of fun too. The islands all have a different feel, different vibes so.. you would have to read up on those & see what island flavor you might like?

But really tho your budget will allow for alot of options
Old 01-30-2017, 01:51 PM

xeene is just really nicexeene is just really nicexeene is just really nicexeene is just really nice

Me and wife been to lots of places in Caribbean (St Thomas, Puerto Rico, Bahamas, Dominican Republic, Mexico) and our favorite destination is Riviera Maya South of Cancun. It's 3 hours flight for us straight from detroit to Cancun. We go there every year for past 10 years right before Christmas time, best prices of the year and hardly any people around.

I've been on a cruise once, never again. It's like a floating prison.

Check web sites like applevacations.com, cheapcaribbean.com or Travelocity and see what kind of deals they have. If it's just you and your wife, go to adults only resort and you won't regret it.

A month ago me, my wife and our daughter went to iberostar Resort for a week for about $2600 including air fare.
Old 01-30-2017, 02:23 PM
Resident Lush

deft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nice

Been to a ton of places as well (^Rivera Maya was the last place ironically) of all the places we still remember Punta Cana more than the other places. Never been on a cruise as I hate people, diarrhea and can't swim.

Like others have said, Vacations, Resorts, and All-Inclusive Packages | CheapCaribbean.com is a good place to start.
Old 01-30-2017, 02:43 PM
Learn to swim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoo View Post
I just looked up Guam because I never heard of it before. Damn, shit looks far as hell.
Yeah, it is way the fuck out there and not really practical for most people. The best way to get there is via Houston and even that flight is 15 hours!
Old 01-30-2017, 02:50 PM

^ I would go there in a hearbeat bro .. I checked it out closely when you told me about it that time, looks sooo pretty

My dude went on a Freediving trip there. . looks so fuckin sick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pv9Z9UFsAnE&t=22s
Old 01-30-2017, 03:19 PM

Black Dragon will become famous soon enoughBlack Dragon will become famous soon enough

Guam can be unbearably muggy during certain times of the year, has invasive brown tree snakes and even more pricey than Hawaii (according to one of my contractor friends who had to live there 4-6 months last year).
Old 01-30-2017, 03:41 PM

About Guam:

First: When I was in the 8th grade a guy started going to my school from Guam. He was a dick. All he could do is talk about Guam. I told him to swim back if he loves it so much. I thought it was funny.

Second: I am worried that it may tip over one of these days and with my luck I would be there when it happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7XXVLKWd3Q
Old 01-30-2017, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deft View Post
Been to a ton of places as well (^Rivera Maya was the last place ironically) of all the places we still remember Punta Cana more than the other places. Never been on a cruise as I hate people, diarrhea and can't swim.

Like others have said, Vacations, Resorts, and All-Inclusive Packages | CheapCaribbean.com is a good place to start.
That is very helpful. Any island recommendations? If we go all inclusive what is the best one. At that point we would want great beaches and great day trip/shopping. English speaking would be optimal. Foreign country would no be bad since I could get my cigars.
Old 01-30-2017, 07:10 PM
Resident Lush

deft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nice

^ They speak english everywhere, once they hear our accent the see dollars signs man, most of those countries are surviving because of english speaking tourism.

Islands are all great except the south side of Jamaica, beaches sucks, got sand fleas, it blew compared to others.

Look for an adults only all inclusive, they all have day excursions you can plan aswell, trust me on the adults only thing, fucking kids ruin everything.
Old 01-30-2017, 07:33 PM

When I looked at that link I saw adults only in the filter and said to myself that is what I am talking about.
Old 01-30-2017, 09:46 PM
Learn to swim.

Try this Island:

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I've heard great things from my sources.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:08 PM

Black Dragon will become famous soon enoughBlack Dragon will become famous soon enough

^ If Fantasy Island is so great, why is Tatoo still a fucking midget?!?