Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS.NET LOUNGE > Off Topic!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2017, 10:50 PM
SuperModerator

Diesel Clown will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Diesel Clown
Default home security?

just bought a house and wanted to know what you guys use for home security? i want something with live streaming video and also motion detection and a siren. I looked into simplisafe but it doesnt; have an outdoor camera. How about the arlo pro?
Old 01-01-2017, 11:52 PM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sassan

ADT alarm system:
3 doors, every bottom level window has sensors, glass sensors, motion, etc etc etc.

Ring doorbell.

Arlo cameras around the house set both inside and out. I need to get one more camera and I am set.

I know what is going on at all times around my place, even my shed.
Old 01-02-2017, 12:29 AM
SuperModerator

how much do you pay for adt? also, does both ring and arlo have live streaming?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-02-2017, 08:15 PM

xeene is just really nicexeene is just really nicexeene is just really nicexeene is just really nice

i use old smartphones and alfred app. they all have motion detection, notification, night vision, front/back views, two way communication, video recording to the cloud. i've put them in the windows through out the house, can also set them up inside. it's free and i bought phones for $5-10 on slickdeals.net. but i also live in safe neighborhood where we sometimes forget to lock our garage or house doors and never worry about anything.

previous owners had guardian alarm so we still have control panel just don't subscribe to service. the plaque outside does enough to deter anyone curious.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-02-2017, 10:22 PM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Clown View Post
how much do you pay for adt? also, does both ring and arlo have live streaming?
I have a killer, untouchable deal.

Ring will detect motion (actually goes off of heat, not motion) and I am still fine-tuning it. If a truck goes by, it will sent off the Ring sensor and alert my phone, but if people walk by on the sidewalk, it does not. Still working on it, but pretty happy. If you ring the doorbell, motion sensor goes off, etc......it alerts my phone, wife's phone, and son's tablet, and we can all check to see who it is. I love messing with package delivery guys......I say thank you as they are walking away, and they stop and look back like wtf. This is ideal for when I am away from home, kids are home alone, etc. My next step, I want to hard mount a tablet to the door or next to it, so that they can look at it on the spot.

With the Ring, if someone rings the doorbell, it sets off your phone/tablet.....not a chime. You can get one (I got the Chime Pro, is a chime AND wifi extender to help get faster notifications) and simply plug it in. My battery was charged about 3 weeks ago and is still at 83%, but remember I am still fine-tuning it and messing with it. You can also get the Ring Pro which is hard-wired and will always have power (may have live streaming too, not sure).

My complaint about the Ring.....no live streaming, so I can't just tap in on-demand. But I have that covered in the next section.

The Arlo runs off of batteries, I have not needed to charge them yet. Arlo has live streaming, and I have mine set to record for 90 secs when motion is triggered.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:23 AM
Learn to swim.

cpo_sharky has a spectacular aura aboutcpo_sharky has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassan View Post
If you ring the doorbell, motion sensor goes off, etc......it alerts my phone, wife's phone, and son's tablet, and we can all check to see who it is. I love messing with package delivery guys......I say thank you as they are walking away, and they stop and look back like wtf.
That is very fucking cool.....Imagine how badass this shit is going to get in 10-20 years.
Old 01-03-2017, 02:56 PM

Al Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enoughAl Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enough

Glock, Bushmaster, Benelli and Remington.

Thomas Jefferson put it best: "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/...#ixzz2I3mJ17VQ
Old 01-03-2017, 03:55 PM
Resident Lush

deft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nice

^ I haven't gotten that far but I do have this bitch near me at all times.

I have ADT, it's $30 a month, simple set up, glass break in basement, all doors/windows contacted, motion sense camera at front door. If you go with ADT or hell any of the big names make sure you haggle to get free hardware. I got the camera and basement level contacts included after a few emails bitching back and forth.
Old 01-05-2017, 12:44 AM
Superadmin to the rescue!

ABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to behold

DC, congrats on the house! Where did you buy?
Old 01-05-2017, 12:41 PM

flarearrow is a glorious beacon of lightflarearrow is a glorious beacon of lightflarearrow is a glorious beacon of lightflarearrow is a glorious beacon of lightflarearrow is a glorious beacon of lightflarearrow is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC View Post
Same. And I hope you bought a snow blower
Old 01-06-2017, 12:17 AM
Admin

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC View Post
Da fuck you been???
Old 01-11-2017, 09:21 PM
SuperModerator

bought in Long Island. taxes are killer but schools are top notch. gas snow blower is on the way.
Old 01-11-2017, 09:22 PM
SuperModerator

im going to pick up an arlo package and a ring doorbell or a skybell.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:44 PM
Admin

Garage

^Arlo was on Slickdeals today. You missed it.

Hang tight.....they go on sale often.
Old 01-12-2017, 11:32 AM

flarearrow is a glorious beacon of lightflarearrow is a glorious beacon of lightflarearrow is a glorious beacon of lightflarearrow is a glorious beacon of lightflarearrow is a glorious beacon of lightflarearrow is a glorious beacon of light

What makes Arlo that much better than other systems? Better encryption? Harder to hack into?

On Amazon, seems like most people get the Amcrest system and are very happy with it
Old 01-12-2017, 11:42 AM

Stevie, just noticed that you're really close to Stillwell and Bethpage parks. When we mountain biking? =p

Also the East bay diner in Seaford is very good. You got to go there for dinner
Old 01-12-2017, 05:49 PM
Admin

Garage

https://slickdeals.net/f/9661520-375...unner-eligible
Old 01-12-2017, 05:50 PM
Admin

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by flarearrow View Post
What makes Arlo that much better than other systems? Better encryption? Harder to hack into?

On Amazon, seems like most people get the Amcrest system and are very happy with it
I do not have answers to that question. I know mine was VERY easy to set up.
Old 01-17-2017, 12:01 PM

https://slickdeals.net/f/9678372-sam...ght-vision-399

I saw a very interesting tidbit from a poster about the Arlo. Arlo has a 5 sec recording delay when it detects motion. Poster said it's entirely possible for a kid to run up to the front door, steal your package without being caught on video recording
Old 02-14-2017, 02:42 PM

https://slickdeals.net/f/9766995-net...r%3AControl_DD