Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS.NET LOUNGE > Off Topic!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2016, 06:37 PM
Superadmin to the rescue!

ABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to behold
Arrow Car shopping time...

My trouble-free 2006 IS 250 with 115k miles is starting to have tranny problems. According to the Lexus forums, the symptoms i am having are a clear indicator of tranny problems coming.

My car is worth $8000 (recent Lexus dealer appraisal). Tranny replacement at the dealer will run around $5k.

I want to get a hybrid suv. Am thinking new NX 300h or a used RXh. Will look at soem other options, but am aiming for 30mpg or better out of a compact/mid suv.

Thoughts?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-30-2016, 09:22 PM

Magoo will become famous soon enoughMagoo will become famous soon enough

I remember when you started the same thread 10 years ago
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-31-2016, 01:24 AM
You Big Dummy!

carfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of light

Amazing how many new cars have shit transmissions.
I didn't think Toyota was one of them but a known trans issue with their flagship line is inexcusable.
Honda is another one that can't make a decent trans to save their lives.
And the problems with Nissan's CVT are legendary these days.

Good luck with your hunt, make sure the battery pack in your used hybrid is in good shape.
You won't want to replace a battery pack in one of those.
"People shouldn't be so scared about this virus from Africa. He only has two more years of his presidency.”
Old 05-31-2016, 12:40 PM
Resident Lush

deft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nice

New NX 300H, if you can afford it that's all you need to look at.
Old 05-31-2016, 02:09 PM

flarearrow is a glorious beacon of lightflarearrow is a glorious beacon of lightflarearrow is a glorious beacon of lightflarearrow is a glorious beacon of lightflarearrow is a glorious beacon of lightflarearrow is a glorious beacon of light

chriD, are you specifically looking at luxury brands only?

You know I'm a Mazda fanboy. I'm not telling you to go buy a CX5, but at least test drive a CX5 grand touring model
Old 05-31-2016, 08:45 PM
Moderatin your moms!

Asleep is a jewel in the roughAsleep is a jewel in the roughAsleep is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Asleep Send a message via Yahoo to Asleep
Visit Asleep's Facebook Visit Asleep's YouTube

And that's why autos should not be taking over in all of the new cars.

RIP Elisa Lupe Katayama Dec 22 1953 - Dec 24 2008
Old 06-01-2016, 05:15 PM

ABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to behold

Thanks guys. Yeah, i expected to drive the IS for a few more years. Not worth fixing it, imo.

We test drove a 2014 rx450h, 2016 nx300h and a 2016 rav4 (they didnt have a hybrid in the lit). The rx was the clear winner imo. Good mpg, low miles is priced lower than a new NX. The rav4 was underwhelming.

We sat in a slew of cars - edge, escape, crv, jgc, scoobys, santa fe sport... all were nice, but i still lean rxh. Havnt sat in a cx5 yet, but will before i make a decision. The crv wasnt bad to be honest. But i hear bad things about their cvt.

I am open to all brands, not just lux.
Old 06-01-2016, 11:06 PM

flarearrow is a glorious beacon of lightflarearrow is a glorious beacon of lightflarearrow is a glorious beacon of lightflarearrow is a glorious beacon of lightflarearrow is a glorious beacon of lightflarearrow is a glorious beacon of light

It was the drive dynamics of the cx5 that won me over, and I wound up buying one
Old 06-02-2016, 12:09 AM
You Big Dummy!

carfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of light

I have not had good luck with Mazda trannies.
So much so that I would almost never consider buying one, ever.
Old 06-02-2016, 07:10 AM
I am not regret.

GcDiaz is a jewel in the roughGcDiaz is a jewel in the roughGcDiaz is a jewel in the roughGcDiaz is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to GcDiaz

Hijacking this thread for a bit, since I'm in the market myself. Two kids to worry about, so the hyundai compact has got to go. Here's what I test drove yesterday:
2013 Used Subaru Outback For Sale Worcester | VIN:4S4BRBAC5D1287978
Oh what an amazing car. Love at first drive, wanted so much to take it home but I just couldn't fit it in the budget. Had to walk away.

Now here's one that's actually within my range:
2010 Used Subaru Outback For Sale Worcester | VIN:4S4BRBGC5A3378899
Definitely will miss the 6 speed manual, but otherwise it's all the car I need, not really concerned with the newer bells and whistles. But that mileage tho!

To have nightmares, one must first dream. Early-life dreams become Late-life nightmares when there's no time left to remedy the outcome of self-induced ignorance or genetic inability to think and act.
-DPM
Old 06-02-2016, 07:13 AM
I am not regret.

GcDiaz is a jewel in the roughGcDiaz is a jewel in the roughGcDiaz is a jewel in the roughGcDiaz is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to GcDiaz

I understand subarus last forever, but so much of that could be simple customer loyalty. What's the consensus here?
Old 06-02-2016, 09:27 AM

dsuave624 has a spectacular aura aboutdsuave624 has a spectacular aura aboutdsuave624 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by deft View Post
New NX 300H, if you can afford it that's all you need to look at.
/thread

Seriously, that car is sexy as hell. Chris, you'll have to keep your wipers on to get all panties off your windshield.
Old 06-02-2016, 11:13 AM

Al Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enoughAl Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enough

Audi Q5 or Q7.

My fiancé wants a Q7 in a few years when she needs a new one.

Thomas Jefferson put it best: "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny.”
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/...#ixzz2I3mJ17VQ
Old 06-02-2016, 09:11 PM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC View Post
Thanks guys. Yeah, i expected to drive the IS for a few more years. Not worth fixing it, imo.

We test drove a 2014 rx450h, 2016 nx300h and a 2016 rav4 (they didnt have a hybrid in the lit). The rx was the clear winner imo. Good mpg, low miles is priced lower than a new NX. The rav4 was underwhelming.

We sat in a slew of cars - edge, escape, crv, jgc, scoobys, santa fe sport... all were nice, but i still lean rxh. Havnt sat in a cx5 yet, but will before i make a decision. The crv wasnt bad to be honest. But i hear bad things about their cvt.

I am open to all brands, not just lux.
Who is "we?"

I love my Highlander, very spacious, drives great, etc......and I know it comes in a hybrid as well.
Old 06-03-2016, 10:54 AM

Al Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enoughAl Bundy's Friend Griff will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassan View Post
Who is "we?"
Thank god someone else noticed that. I thought I was the only one.
Old 06-03-2016, 09:24 PM
You Big Dummy!

Audis are pure shit.
Consistently one of the least reliable cars on the planet.
Old 06-04-2016, 06:39 AM
Honda Sucks

wild willy is just really nicewild willy is just really nicewild willy is just really nicewild willy is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by carfreak67 View Post
Audis are pure shit.
Consistently one of the least reliable cars on the planet.
But they are so damn sexy
04 Honda Oddy (POS)-GONE!!
Old 06-06-2016, 09:01 PM

Thanks for all the input. Very good choices posted!

I decided not to buy anything and fix the transmission when it ultimately blows up on me. After looking at all the numbers and comparing lease vs buy new vs buy used, i just couldn't get myself to drop $30-40k+ on a car right now. I want to keep plowing money into savings. The NX lease almost got me to jump on it for $329/month.

I really liked the following:

RXh
CRV
NXh
Ford Edge

Everything else was meh for me. Although i did not sit in a mazda. I'll drop by the dealer one day and check it out just for the heck of it.

and lol @ "we". Me and the gf.

Last edited by ABC; 06-06-2016 at 09:08 PM.
Old 06-06-2016, 10:54 PM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sassan

Check out a Hyundai. Their game is hugely different than that of the past.