Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS COMMUNITY > Nissan/Infiniti General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 01:13 AM
Moderatin your moms!

Asleep is a jewel in the roughAsleep is a jewel in the roughAsleep is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Asleep Send a message via Yahoo to Asleep
Visit Asleep's Facebook Visit Asleep's YouTube
Default Brake option for 240's/Altimas

so, everyone wants to piece together bigger brake systems. i dont have to tell you how dangerous that can be. bad things can happen from ill fitting calipers, incorrect pads, cheaply made adapter brackets. ive even seen people use cheap washers to space out calipers to fit properly on rotors.
most of us know that you can use 11" altima brakes on our 240's and we do. i have them myself. since they fit on the 240, that means you SHOULD be able to use 240 options on altimas... this is good news for you, if you didnt know that.
rather than piece together an evo 8/9 brake system and use brackets to attach the calipers, you can use these instead. once you add up the cost of an evo brake conversion vs this kit - you only spend slightly more to go this route. and lets face it - this kit is straight fucking baller status.

240SX Brakes

im personally going to go with the 12.2" kit and the rear kit as well. depending on whether the bigger kit will work with my 17's - i might just go with the bigger, 6 puck system instead. one of the perks - you can choose 4 lug or 5 lug. this for me is one of the biggest reasons i like this kit. dont have to buy new wheels to run this setup. woot!

RIP Elisa Lupe Katayama Dec 22 1953 - Dec 24 2008
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-02-2013, 01:25 AM
You Big Dummy!

carfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of light

One helluva nice brake kit.
But the 3rd gen Altimas will also use the slightly larger Maxima calipers and rotors with no mods.
I believe you just need the caliper bracket, calipers and rotors from the donor Max.
"People shouldn't be so scared about this virus from Africa. He only has two more years of his presidency.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-03-2013, 04:15 AM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sassan

That is sooooooooooooo worth for the price. Everything is there that you need and you can be worry free.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:49 PM
Moderatin your moms!

Asleep is a jewel in the roughAsleep is a jewel in the roughAsleep is a jewel in the rough
Garage

yeah im getting that 4 pot brake kit and the coilovers as well. that setup is going to be shit hot on my car.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:15 AM
Sport-Tuned GroceryGetter

L31_06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to L31_06

You make me nervous about my Wilwoods. It's a kit pieced together with obsolete 4 pot superlite calipers and custom brackets. I'm on my second set of pads. I'm not dead yet.

Although, a two years ago, I had a brake line break on me. The braided line was rubbing against metal on the car. Lost brake pressure at stop light. Crawled to a bunch of town homes. Luckily, it didn't happen while the car was motion. Replaced the line with a shorter one. That DOT 4 ate the paint of wheel.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:30 AM
Moderatin your moms!

Garage

which part makes you nervous?
Old 04-25-2013, 06:36 PM
Sport-Tuned GroceryGetter

L31_06 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to L31_06

Just the quality of the custom brackets, no complaints so far.
Old 04-26-2013, 12:59 AM
Moderatin your moms!

Garage

ah ok. i was going to do the same thing and buy some custom brackets from one of the few vendors that sells them and then found this place. i wont be buying any of it till june, but ill be buying the brakes and the coilovers.