Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS COMMUNITY > Nissan/Infiniti General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2012, 03:07 AM

JAMRZ69 is on a distinguished road
Default BOSE nav upgrade 2009 to 2010?

I have a 2009 altima 2.5 with the Bose nav connection package I love the way everything sounds I just didn't research the headunit enough,seems the 2009 headunit has a dvd rom just for the navigation disc while the 2010 headunit has a built in harddrive that supports the navigation therefore freeing up the DVD Rom and actually supporting DVD movie discs while the 2009 headunit does not support DVD movie discs,i purchased a 2010 Bose hd harddrive headunit thinking it would plug n play but unfortunately the wiring harness interface is a little different.Does anybody know if this would be possible in any way to upgrade any help would be greatly appreciated
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-10-2012, 12:05 PM

Magoo will become famous soon enoughMagoo will become famous soon enough

I can't help ya but that definitely sounds worthy of the upgrade, so Good Luck!
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-10-2012, 01:43 PM
You Big Dummy!

carfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of light

I would buy a wiring harness adapter for both the HU and your car's harness.
Then I would dig up a wiring diagram and wire the two harnesses together.
I bet the color coding is going to be 99% the same.
Metra sells harnesses for both ends.

This may be the one you need to plug into your HU Metra Part # 70-7553 | Nissan wire harness | Metra Online

And this is the one that you may need to plug into your under dash harness Metra Online

But I just did a quick search, find out for sure if those will work before you order.
"People shouldn't be so scared about this virus from Africa. He only has two more years of his presidency.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:29 PM

JAMRZ69 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the info I really appreciate the info I would really like to make this work the 2010 has like 3 more plug ins in the back of the headunit as opposed to the 2009 headunit all the car harnesses plug into the 2010 except one so this is where it gets tricky so I have one car harness that doesn't fit and 3 open slots in the back of the 2010 unit.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:25 PM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sassan

Can you post a pic of the harnesses?