Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS COMMUNITY > Nissan/Infiniti General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2011, 03:39 AM
VQ35 cruiser FWD & RWD

importroller is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to importroller
Visit importroller's YouTube
Default My Sound Deadening project

Since there seems to be so many more options on how to improve the sound quality using different styles, i decided to make a new thread instead of just using the General Discussion thread.

Well, to start, I'm using the Elemental Designs Edead V3 liquid deadener to start.

Elemental Designs: Car Stereo, Home Speakers, Electronics

I got the one gallon container while it's on sale.

I so far have done one coat on the rear deck and on the passenger door. I'm going to so a second layer tomorrow, and start on the driver's door.

so far, the product is basically a thick paste that you use a paint brush to apply it to the surface. it doesn't drip, so it's not messy at all. Just need to be careful where you apply it. Once it dries, its like concrete.

Here are some pics. Any questions feel free to ask

One Gallon container. Can was pretty dented up. Thanks to Fedex's great handling of items in transit

This is the consitancy of the product. It's a slightly liquid paste. This is what was left after i did the first layer on the rear deck. 1 gallon will go a long way!!!!

Rear deck without any deadener

Start project

Start door project

I'll get more pics tomorrow when i do the driver's door. I may also start the spare tire well. i still have about 5/8 of the gallon left.

300+whp club 07 3.5SE Altima 6spd manual & modded 04 G35C 5spd A/T
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-15-2011, 11:06 AM
Resident Lush

deft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nicedeft is just really nice

I wish this shit was out when I used to fuck with systems, dynamat is a pain in the ass. This is much cheaper and looks easier to install, probably weighs less too.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-22-2013, 10:02 PM
Learn to swim.

cpo_sharky has a spectacular aura aboutcpo_sharky has a spectacular aura about

I've completely sound deadened my last two cars, every area reachable, it clearly made a difference. 70mph on the interstate is very quiet....and improves car audio quality.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:11 AM
You Big Dummy!

carfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of light

I didn't use liquid stuff but I tore apart the complete back end of my car and added sound deadening.
It does make a huge difference at highway speeds.
"People shouldn't be so scared about this virus from Africa. He only has two more years of his presidency.