Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS COMMUNITY > Nissan/Infiniti General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2010, 09:14 AM

Whtsupdoc is on a distinguished road
Default Mods help

Ok I got a 06 altima 3.5SE with XENON headlight. I want brighter fog light so how do I go by upgrading them. Will I need a whole HID conversion kit? Will I only need to buy the bulbs? It is confusing the hell out of me trying to figure it out. Please just dum it down for me
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-05-2010, 05:45 PM
Superadmin to the rescue!

ABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to behold

If you want truly brighter light output, you'll need a hid conversion kit. Buying a "whiter" halogen bulb probably won't produce much more light on the road. I believe they are H11 sized bulbs, so you would need an H11 HID kit.

Check out this site for hid conversion kits: HID Conversion Kits | HID Kits | HID Replacement Bulbs They're a sponsor on a lexus forum i visit and have great customer service.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 07-05-2010, 09:30 PM
...for great justice!!

Kmikl will become famous soon enough

Okay, I'm not a mod, but...

Bulb-replacement guide: OSRAM SYLVANIA - Replacement Guide - Start

- The fogs are really just driving lights, but if you want a brighter/whiter light, you can go HID, or you can go with Sylvania Silverstars/GE Nighthawks. The housings aren't made for HID's, so the beam pattern might be a bit askew, something to bare in mind.
- You will need the bulb and ballast to do the conversion, which means you're going to need to find a place to mount the ballasts. I've seen a couple of conversions of Grand-Am fogs, and the biggest piece of advice I can pass along is to find some way to screw/ziptie the ballasts to something solid.
- If you wanted to go with fog lights, look for an amber coloured bulb, Nokya makes them.

Good luck.

Please help with disaster recovery efforts around the world,
American Red Cross - Canadian Red Cross
Medecins Sans Frontieres (Doctors Without Borders)
UNICEF - CARE - OXFAM
Thanks guys
Old 07-11-2010, 02:01 AM

Whtsupdoc is on a distinguished road

Ok which lighting system is brighter HID or XENON. I am lookiing for brighter lighting not colorful just pure bright white light