Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS COMMUNITY > Nissan/Infiniti General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 02:07 PM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sassan
Default One complaint about the QX4......

.....but I am sure it goes with any SUV. The brakes on these vehicles go too fast. Had them changed 2.5 years ago, allllllllllllll new brakes all the way around. Here we go again, had to change the rotors, and while at it, might as well change the pads.

Nissan is wonderful, except their brake systems are notorious and never last long. Frustrating.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:31 AM

shortshifter03 is on a distinguished road

Would a well maintained (its a one-owner with a full service history) D21 last me for another 50k miles? or should I be looking at something with fewer miles?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-04-2010, 12:58 PM
RLR Is Here.

Red Lion has a spectacular aura aboutRed Lion has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassan View Post
.....but I am sure it goes with any SUV. The brakes on these vehicles go too fast. Had them changed 2.5 years ago, allllllllllllll new brakes all the way around. Here we go again, had to change the rotors, and while at it, might as well change the pads.

Nissan is wonderful, except their brake systems are notorious and never last long. Frustrating.

Eh, maybe for SUV's, but I've found their brakes to last quite a while in terms of their small cars. My 240SX uses a full set of pads in about a year and a set of rotors every three. Sounds bad, but considering the type of driving I do in that car (which involves multiple threshold braking sessions every week) I'm surprised they last as long. That's of course with street pads and rotors; the same thing with race pads would eat the rotors in a month.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-04-2010, 01:40 PM

Xtrema has a spectacular aura aboutXtrema has a spectacular aura about

You can't fight physics. More weight = more pad to stop.
Old 06-04-2010, 03:18 PM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortshifter03 View Post
Would a well maintained (its a one-owner with a full service history) D21 last me for another 50k miles? or should I be looking at something with fewer miles?
I believe it would. Get it checked out by a mechanic first, but if it has been babied, then I dont see why not.
Old 06-08-2010, 12:52 AM

shortshifter03 is on a distinguished road

you should be able to have a regular tune up...