Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS COMMUNITY > Nissan/Infiniti General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2009, 02:18 PM
Superadmin to the rescue!

ABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to behold
Question Toyo Proxes 4 Tires?

WHat do you think of them? Form reviews, they seem damn good for the price.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-13-2009, 03:53 PM
RLR Is Here.

Red Lion has a spectacular aura aboutRed Lion has a spectacular aura about

I've heard a lot of people that liked Proxes 4. Good wet and dry traction for a good price.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-14-2009, 01:21 PM

ABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to beholdABC is a splendid one to behold

Excellennttttt, thank ya!
Old 11-12-2009, 03:24 PM

I'm going to be purchasing two of these tires tomorrow and have them mounted on the car (front tires). We'll see how they ride.

If they're decent, when my rear tires are bald in another ~2-3 months, I'll probably get them as a rpelacement as well.
Old 11-12-2009, 08:18 PM
RLR Is Here.

Red Lion has a spectacular aura aboutRed Lion has a spectacular aura about

Keep us posted!
Old 11-13-2009, 03:21 AM
SuperModerator

Diesel Clown will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Diesel Clown

yep..i actually have them on my car and they're decent in the snow believe it or not, and nice and quiet.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:04 PM

I don't have them yet, but i dropped the car off this morning and shoudl have it back in the afternoon... not bad at $105/tire for 225/40/18. I don't like that they're Z rated, but i hope they last more than 25k miles. We'll see i guess... But all the "all season" tires that actually fit my size wheel are at least double the price. So i can't complain either way...

They wanted $20 to fill the two tires with nitrogen. Oye, no thanks. Regular air will be just fine
Old 11-13-2009, 06:45 PM

So far so good with the tires. Steering feels a bit lighter, which is nice. I drove on a few curvy on-ramps nice and hard and they seemed to grip just fine. Noise is definitely less than it was. Seems like a good decision so far! We'll see how it goes in time
Old 12-17-2009, 01:41 AM
Special Member

geoff94alty is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to geoff94alty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC View Post
So far so good with the tires. Steering feels a bit lighter, which is nice. I drove on a few curvy on-ramps nice and hard and they seemed to grip just fine. Noise is definitely less than it was. Seems like a good decision so far! We'll see how it goes in time
Proxes 4 are my mostest favoritest tires I've ever driven on. Amazing wet grip (though I've heard some people have wet grip issues about halfway through their life, ymmv) and perfect dry grip. Hell, the proxes 4 I put on my Impreza (when I had it still ) gripped better in the wet than the tires that came on the car in the dry. And what the fuck man, that is CHEAP. Any more thoughts on them now that you've got some miles on them, Chris?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsyKoH View Post
Get two mufflers, then you will have carbon dioxide instead of carbon monoxide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
theyre so open minded - their brains fell out.
can i use that here?
Old 12-17-2009, 03:07 PM

I really like them a lot actually. I have probably 300-400 miles on them (65:35 hwy:city) and they grip really well. I took a nice right-hand turn this morning at 35mph and it felt pretty good! Tread wear seems normal so far, but it's hard to tell since they're still so new. Road noise is definitely FAR less as compared with the old tires. It's amazing how much difference a tire makes in that department, even on the IS.

For $105/tire, they are amazing. Probably the best tire i could have for the price.

I am definitely planning on replacing my rear tires in early 2010 with proxes 4's. Probably sometime in Feb/March.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:34 PM
Special Member

geoff94alty is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to geoff94alty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABC View Post
I really like them a lot actually. I have probably 300-400 miles on them (65:35 hwy:city) and they grip really well. I took a nice right-hand turn this morning at 35mph and it felt pretty good! Tread wear seems normal so far, but it's hard to tell since they're still so new. Road noise is definitely FAR less as compared with the old tires. It's amazing how much difference a tire makes in that department, even on the IS.

For $105/tire, they are amazing. Probably the best tire i could have for the price.

I am definitely planning on replacing my rear tires in early 2010 with proxes 4's. Probably sometime in Feb/March.
I can't believe how cheap you got them. And in 18's, too. I they were $560 installed on my Impreza in 215/45/17.
Old 02-02-2010, 03:57 PM

allblackedout111 is on a distinguished road

For what its worth to the thread

I have owned 2 sets of 225/45/17 toyo proxes 4. 2nd set because i liked the first so much.

Awesome wet and dry performance. I got decent performance in the snow, but if it snows more than a few inches, FORGET about it, I couldn't even get up a like 10% grade with snow on the road, but that could be because my car weighs next to nothing.
Old 04-02-2010, 01:00 AM
Damn Oxygen Sensors!

Makaveli will become famous soon enoughMakaveli will become famous soon enough
Garage

Those Proxes 4 are what i'm gonna get next... I have the T1R's right now...love the traction but they are too loud for me and wet traction isn't that great although it doesn't rain as much here in SoCal..

Click Pic for Gallery

'02 Altima 3.5 SE
253 fwhp/257 tq
YouTube - Dyno Vid
Old 04-15-2010, 12:13 PM

^ Yup, i really like them a lot so far. They handled just fine with all the rain we've gotten earlier this year. I will absolutely be getting them for my rear tires... But surprisingly, my stock potenza's are still holding on with a little tread Gonna wait until they're bald, the rear tires are pricey :\
Old 09-10-2010, 02:51 AM

I FINALLY just replaced my rear tires this week with proxes 4's. 255-40-18's for $400 installed (i think they were $170/tire). I could have waited probably another month or two, but the treads were down to the wear bars and i didn't want a blow out at ~80mph on the highway.

So far, the car feels fantastic with them. Very grippy and consistent when i pull some hard turns. Of course, they're brand new, so we'll see in time how they wear.