Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS COMMUNITY > Nissan/Infiniti General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2009, 03:36 PM
Squirrel Czar

ManicSquirrel will become famous soon enoughManicSquirrel will become famous soon enough
Garage
Default Best tires you have ever had?

What are the best tires you have ever had on a car? For any reason really, best treadwear, grip, ride, rain...whichever.

2007 3.5SL (with tech package) Radiant Silver : Nismo cat-back : Injen WAI : 35% tint : 19" x 8.5" Enkei RP03's/Bridgestone RE050A 245/40-19 : Eibach Pro-Kit Springs: PIAA plasma ion yellow fogs : stealth turn signal bulbs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-29-2009, 08:40 PM
ST 38

Spike is on a distinguished road

I've only been through 3 sets of tires so I can't really say much.

At the moment, the Bridgestone Potenza RE01R is the best tire I've had. They are VERY sticky on wet or dry ground, they are relatively quiet for a performance tire, and they function well on and off the track.

Cardomain

Mods:
| Apexi V2 | Hella Optilux 1180 / Prolumen 3000k | Polk DB6500 + Polk DB690 | SE- R Tails | Helios 5000k | LED interior lights | Polk Momo C400.4 | SE-R front | Racingline FSTB | Nismo Catback | SE-R Rear | AT S5 | Nismo 57F / Potenza RE01R; 245 45 18 | Redline Quicklift Elite | Hotshot header | Jihad folding mirrors | SE-R replica spoiler | Nismo RSB | Audi DRL | Tein SS w/ EDFC |

Soon: | 300zx BBK | A4 fender marker |
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-10-2009, 12:50 PM

gold1234 is on a distinguished road

i like bridestone tyres, it has maximum life and performance, we should maintain inflation pressure, it is safety tyre.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:56 PM
06 Altima

clouderold is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clouderold

I have some toyo eclipse's right now, they're good.. quiet, good grip, awesome treadwear.

They were like 600 bucks for the set and i got them for 400 at les schwab. I would go buy them again at 600, but what do I know hahaha
Old 09-10-2009, 02:42 PM

2ndgenalti is on a distinguished road

the off brand tires are sometimes unsung heroes. i used to have some name i can't remember what they even were. they served me well and i love to play with my cars
Old 09-11-2009, 09:18 AM

shek is on a distinguished road

I have also tried it..
they are really great..
but it will take some time for them to become famous all over the world
Old 09-11-2009, 09:50 AM

angel1 is on a distinguished road

i like Bridgestone because Bridgestone's quality is very good. Bridgestone is safe.
Old 09-11-2009, 01:48 PM
doesnt own a super nissan

Paul is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Paul

I got some Goodyear Eagle GTs right now. I don't think I'll get anything else ever again.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:56 PM

boostmyrage is on a distinguished road
Garage

my favorite tires were the old yoko a520 i had on my old hatch, they didnt last that long but amazing grip and rain and dry. im running g-forces on my 18's they are pretty good and yoko yk520 on my stocks like them a bit more

2003 altima 3.5 nismo cai and exhaust, tein s-tech w/ kyb gr2, se-r tails, oem hid's w/blacked out housings, 18" voxx w/235/50 g-force tires, unorthodox udp, racingline stb, brembo slotted rotors.
Old 09-15-2009, 04:58 AM

victor9011 is on a distinguished road

I had a set of bridgestone tires that handeled all types of terrain and weather. They kept my car running without problems for 3 years and I have made over 400 000km with them.
Old 02-16-2010, 12:38 AM
Damn Oxygen Sensors!

Makaveli will become famous soon enoughMakaveli will become famous soon enough
Garage

Living in SoCal all I reallly need are summer tires so the best ones i've owned have been a toss up between the khumo ecsta mx tires and the ones I have now toyo proxes t1r's...

the Khumo's worked better in the rain for me though..

Click Pic for Gallery

'02 Altima 3.5 SE
253 fwhp/257 tq
YouTube - Dyno Vid
Old 02-17-2010, 12:09 AM
Bow down

Nismom has a spectacular aura aboutNismom has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Nismom Send a message via MSN to Nismom Send a message via Yahoo to Nismom
Visit Nismom's Facebook Visit Nismom's MySpace Visit Nismom's YouTube

LOVED the Kumhos I put on my jelly bean!! Absolutely HATED the Continentals the Titan came with.
Old 03-22-2010, 12:51 AM

alexander1485 is on a distinguished road

I have currently (came with the car when I bought it 6 months ago) have Nexen N5000 tires...
Old 03-22-2010, 03:20 AM
Squirrel Czar

ManicSquirrel will become famous soon enoughManicSquirrel will become famous soon enough
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexander1485 View Post
I have currently (came with the car when I bought it 6 months ago) have Nexen N5000 tires...
ok, so you have those....
Old 03-22-2010, 03:25 AM
Squirrel Czar

Garage

i guess I never stated my favorites either. Best summer tires are the Bridgestone RE050 tires I have now, but with a 140 treadwear rating and being near 300 a piece (although I got 4 for 300 total courtesy of a G8 GT donor)...meh. Best all seasons are the Goodyear Eagle GT. Worst all season would be the Goodyear RS-A and the Goodyear Eagle F1. The F1's were excellent for 7500 miles, then they became about the loudest tire I have ever heard.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:57 AM
Trying to be a Member

braim is on a distinguished road

I had a good experience with bridestone tyres.
Old 03-20-2012, 10:27 AM
You Big Dummy!

carfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of light

Since we've resurrected an old thread I'll contribute.
Best tires I ever had for tread wear were a set of Michelin MXV. Those things wore like iron and still had great wet weather traction. I put almost 100K miles on those tires.
Best all around tire was the Federal 595 tires I used to have on my 3rd gen. Those Federals were far better than the Khumo tires I have now.
"People shouldn't be so scared about this virus from Africa. He only has two more years of his presidency.
Old 04-06-2012, 10:11 AM
Savage

psynuma1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to psynuma1

The best i have ever had where the Falken Ziex S/TZ-04. Lasted a LONG time, even with me putting them through hell. Fairly good in wet and plenty of traction on dry roads as well. Hands down the best iv had. If you have a truck with some rims on it, i highly recomend these.
Old 04-07-2012, 02:44 PM
The original black Elvis.

Blacktop is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Blacktop

Continental DWS. Good all around, all season tire.