Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS COMMUNITY > Nissan/Infiniti General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2008, 05:59 PM
RLR Is Here.

Red Lion has a spectacular aura aboutRed Lion has a spectacular aura about
Default VQ35DE swaps?

Apparently I'm a Maxima mod now too. And rightly so! Sort of, because I'm going to be swapping in the VQ35DE from an 04 Maxima into my 95 Altima. A bit harder than swapping it into an earlier model Maxima, but nonetheless similar. Also, knowing now how hard it's going to be to use the 04 ECU with full CAN's than the 02/03 ECU I kind of wish I had gotten those years instead, but too late now, I'll just have to consider it more of a challenge. Besides, if 240SX guys can do and have done it, I can too.

So anyone want to post how you'll be swapping or if you have swapped so far, problems you've run into, and/or times/dyno numbers you've had?
Old 03-09-2008, 01:52 PM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sassan

how in the world do you make it fit?
Old 03-09-2008, 09:32 PM
RLR Is Here.

I won't get into my car since it's an Altima and this is the Maxima section (don't worry, you'll get a thread soon enough here). But for Maxima owners they already have the 3.0 V6 which is pretty much the same size as the 3.5 V6 so it basically bolts in, minus the wiring of course lol.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-11-2008, 08:07 PM

sergey85 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to sergey85

yeh thats a big project
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-13-2008, 02:58 AM
Jack of all trades

rEvVoMaNiAc is on a distinguished road

I tried to put the VQ30 in my 99 Altima way back when. It ended up being more custom work than I had imagined, so I dropped the project before I really gave it a chance.

Good luck, and let's see pictures!
Old 10-13-2008, 08:07 PM
NWP Engineering - Vendor

Aaron92SE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Aaron92SE Send a message via Yahoo to Aaron92SE

I'm in the process of swapping a VQ35 into my 3rd gen J30 Maxima. It's going to take some fabbing up in order to mount the engine since the crossmembers are so different. But the 95 Altima would be tough as well. If you know it will fit, then it will be possible. Any updates?

NWP Engineering Phenolic Thermal Intake Spacers
10hp and 12ft-lb gain & 40°F temp drop on the VQ35DE

92 Maxima SE Auto
12.89 @ 104.55 mph w/ 1.80 60'
Old 11-14-2008, 08:52 PM
RLR Is Here.

^no updates, the swap's been put on hold until I get some chassis fab done, so probably not for a long time.
Old 11-14-2008, 10:04 PM
NWP Engineering - Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Lion View Post
^no updates, the swap's been put on hold until I get some chassis fab done, so probably not for a long time.
Hope you get it sorted out. Good luck!
Old 11-15-2008, 02:41 AM
RLR Is Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron92SE View Post
Hope you get it sorted out. Good luck!
Thanks man! I can't wait, gotta install your spacers and see how well they perform!
Old 11-15-2008, 08:36 PM
NWP Engineering - Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Lion View Post
Thanks man! I can't wait, gotta install your spacers and see how well they perform!
How far along are you on the project? Do you have an idea how you will mount the engine? What axles and transmission do you want to use? Other than that, it's all wiring from there.

I am getting pretty far along in my 92 Maxima VQ35 swap. I have confirmed that I can swap torque converter housings from a 95-03 Maxima transmission onto my VE Auto tranny (RE4F04V). That will allow me to use my stock transmission with the 3.5. The VE and VQs engine bolt pattern are WAY different.

Also, I already have my 3.5 on the engine stand. I will put a ton of goodies on it. Once tuned, it should put out more than 260whp, which is decent for an automatic.

Also, I have the full dash harness and will be using the 02 cluster, ignition, key, immobilizer, and 02 ECU. You don't need the entire dash harness for it to work, so I will probably remove the wires I don't need. And of course, I will use the entire 02 engine wiring harness. The 04+ ECU swap will be harder.

And about the spacers, feel free to contact me anytime if you ever have any questions. I'm always easy to get in touch with via email [aaron@nwpengineering.com].
Old 11-16-2008, 01:08 AM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sassan

pics?
Old 11-16-2008, 10:08 PM
RLR Is Here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron92SE View Post
How far along are you on the project? Do you have an idea how you will mount the engine? What axles and transmission do you want to use? Other than that, it's all wiring from there.

I am getting pretty far along in my 92 Maxima VQ35 swap. I have confirmed that I can swap torque converter housings from a 95-03 Maxima transmission onto my VE Auto tranny (RE4F04V). That will allow me to use my stock transmission with the 3.5. The VE and VQs engine bolt pattern are WAY different.

Also, I already have my 3.5 on the engine stand. I will put a ton of goodies on it. Once tuned, it should put out more than 260whp, which is decent for an automatic.

Also, I have the full dash harness and will be using the 02 cluster, ignition, key, immobilizer, and 02 ECU. You don't need the entire dash harness for it to work, so I will probably remove the wires I don't need. And of course, I will use the entire 02 engine wiring harness. The 04+ ECU swap will be harder.

And about the spacers, feel free to contact me anytime if you ever have any questions. I'm always easy to get in touch with via email [aaron@nwpengineering.com].
Hey Aaron, I'm going to make my own engine mount brackets; I figure making new brackets would be easier than using new mounts. Otherwise, it'll be the 04 Engine (with harness and ECU, harder yes but do-able), 6-speed and axles, with a custom downpipe setup. Who knows, by the time I get around to it, I might even just make my own manifolds as well. It's a long ways off though, I plan on doing some extensive chassis work before I drop the engine, including paint, anti-rusting, a cage, welding and other stuff.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:36 PM

Justmike is on a distinguished road

Take a look at this !
Stay Tuner at it again - B20Vtec.Com...... B Series and Beyond