Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS COMMUNITY > Nissan/Infiniti General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2009, 04:22 PM

NISSAN_ALTY001 is on a distinguished road
Default 2 Questions

Ok first question- I had recently replaced my valve cover gasket and I was wondering what I can use to remove the oil that spit out the front of the gasket with. I had this done by a mechanic and forgot to ask him what he was using to clean away the oil from the cover and all.
Also I have a 2001 Altima wit approx 139k miles on it wondering if a royal purple oil change would help or stick with the regular oil changes??

Second question- I am looking at getting some more HP from my car and wanted to start with a cold air intake now I like the secret Weapon-r but I was told I can get an ebay sentra intake or mod my own to save money. If I don't have to spend up to 200.00 on a pipe and can spend less then a 100.00 and have the same results I'd rather go that way. So if someone could advise me on what to do and what intake would be best. I dont mind having to pay for the weapon-r if its going to give me the most results.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sassan

For the first thing, any kind of degreaser should work. Its gonna take some elbow grease, but it will come off.

For the second, why don't you get a warm air intake instead. Cheaper, and pretty much the same effect.
Old 02-04-2009, 09:44 PM

Sf2fan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Sf2fan Send a message via MSN to Sf2fan

add the WAI and a Crank pulley for under 150. best bang for the buck.....and still cheaper than a fancy pants intake.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:05 PM
RLR Is Here.

Red Lion has a spectacular aura aboutRed Lion has a spectacular aura about

As far as Royal Purple oil changes or synthetics in general, they're a better choice as they offer better oil burn-off protection, they're completely green for the environment, and they last longer than conventional oils. RP in particular gets 9000-12,000 mile intervals depending on driving habits.

On thing to look for with synthetics is leaks. It's not that synthetic oils cause your car to leak oil, but rather reveal leaks that thick, mineral based oils would gunk up and hide.

As far as which one to pick goes, I like Royal Purple and it offered a lot of protection against wear for me (especially their gear oil), but I think I'm going to switch over to Amsoil come the next change. I've been getting a lot of oil burn with RP (but only during driving that involves 6000+RPM for over 5 straight minutes). Amsoil should offer better protection against high oil pressure, high RPM burn-off.

Not to mention, Amsoil recommends their 10w30 is good from 15,000-25,000 mile intervals. Yep, you heard right.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-09-2009, 11:39 PM
Rockin' it!

jayjaya29 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jayjaya29

Wow, thats crazy that they suggest that type of interval. Might just start running my synthetic over my 7,000-8,000 limit I run it on now....

Click to see more!
2000 Nissan Altima GXE
-Eccho's TB Spacer
-Hotshot CAI
-Vibrant FSTB
-UR Pulley
-Custom 2.25" Catback
-ST Rear Sway Bar
-Liquid Ink A-Arm Brace
-Hotshot Headers
-Spec-V Rims
-GC Coilover Sleeves on Tokicos
-Transmission Valve Body Upgrade