Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS COMMUNITY > Nissan/Infiniti General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2008, 09:44 AM

Nessa240sx is on a distinguished road
Default Remove a turbo?

I want to remove the turbo and its components that were installed by the previous owner. It's an 06 Altima SE-R. Has anyone done this? Is it a lot of work? What parts are needed? I have no knowedge of how turbos work, I feel like such a noob! Any help or advice would be great! Thanks guys!

Vanessa
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-14-2008, 07:24 PM
RLR Is Here.

Red Lion has a spectacular aura aboutRed Lion has a spectacular aura about

Basically, you'd have to remove the turbo and its manifold and put a factory manifold back on. After that, remove any turbo-only components like intercooler and intercooler piping, blow-off valve, wastegate, and put back in factory fuel injectors (if they were replaced by higher-flowing aftermarket injectors), along with the factory ECU (if it was re-tuned or replaced with a performance ECU). Might have to check the engine block and plug any oil-return holes that were drilled.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-18-2008, 12:19 AM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sassan

Why remove it?
Old 12-18-2008, 01:25 PM
Moderatin your moms!

Asleep is a jewel in the roughAsleep is a jewel in the roughAsleep is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Asleep Send a message via Yahoo to Asleep
Visit Asleep's Facebook Visit Asleep's YouTube

i told you on nissanclub one of your options. did you check that out at all?

RIP Elisa Lupe Katayama Dec 22 1953 - Dec 24 2008
Old 12-20-2008, 01:40 PM

Nessa240sx is on a distinguished road

I want to remove it because it is not the best job and I don't know that much about turbos to keep it well maintained. Also, I do not want to trade parts with somebody and them have the same problems I am having. I would feel really bad about that. I would rather restore the car back to stock and not have to worry about it. It is fast enough for us without the turbo! We have 2 small kids and the car is going to be a daily driver.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:52 PM
Moderatin your moms!

Asleep is a jewel in the roughAsleep is a jewel in the roughAsleep is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Asleep Send a message via Yahoo to Asleep
Visit Asleep's Facebook Visit Asleep's YouTube

i understand your thinking, but honestly, just because youre not able to get it going right doesnt mean someone else wont be able to. the turbo setup i bought for my altima wasnt running right either. i was able to fix it for free and have had it for almost 20k miles now.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:37 PM
Bomb*Squad

91240kat is on a distinguished road

turbo and family = most Volvo's .... It may be cheaper and more pracitical to just get the turbo kit running well and just turn donw the boost. Returning a car back to stock if you didnt remove the parts can be rather exspensive.

WHat is wrong with the turbo kit?
Old 03-27-2009, 01:32 AM

Ultimatuc is on a distinguished road

I'll be in Tucson April 17-19 and I would like to take a look at this car. Chances are I can offer you all the help you'll need. Please pm me if interested.