Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > VEHICLE TECHNICAL DISCUSSION > Nissan/Infiniti General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2008, 10:45 PM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sassan

GOD DAMN SON OF a BITCH MOTHER !!!!!!!!!

Wont start this afternoon. Soooooooooooo odd, only happens on cold weekends.
Old 12-20-2008, 11:49 PM
Moderatin your moms!

Asleep is a jewel in the roughAsleep is a jewel in the roughAsleep is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Asleep Send a message via Yahoo to Asleep
Visit Asleep's Facebook Visit Asleep's YouTube

ignition switch ok?

RIP Elisa Lupe Katayama Dec 22 1953 - Dec 24 2008
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-21-2008, 01:32 AM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Garage

I don't know how I would test that. It turns ok.

They tested the battery, starter, alternator....checked the alarm system, even the key to make sure those weren't problems. Everything is ok.

Just tried my spare key, and same thing. It turns and turns and turns and turns, but never actually starts.

*sigh*

Last edited by Sassan; 12-21-2008 at 01:43 AM.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 12-21-2008, 08:30 PM
Admin

Garage

Tried it like 5 times this morning, and nothing.

Then suddenly, it starts. GOTTA be some relay or something shorting out.

Took it straight to the dealer and dropped it off. Gonna go up there first thing tomorrow and bitch and moan.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:15 PM

sergey85 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to sergey85

i had hard time starting last nite cause it was so cold

2002 Maxima GLE Silver on Black | Berk Intake w/AEM Dryflow | Clear Sidemarker Lights w/PIAA L.E.D|Fibre Customs EyeLids | PIAA White Fogs | 5% Limo Tint | Brembo Blanks and Hawk HPS Pads |CATTMAN RSB| ebay FSTB | NWP VIAS Block Plate |

not installed:
Phenolic Thermal Intake Manifold Spacer Kit | 07 350z rims (needs tires)| OEM spoiler(paint)
Old 12-24-2008, 12:25 AM
Admin

Garage

So I NEVER thought abou this....

The person before me with the car had an alarm or remore start installed. Not sure what the deal is, because the car has the factory alarm, and if it is a remote start, how does that work with the ignition that requires a key with a chip. The dealer called me and asked me for the remote, but I never had one for it. They asked if I cared if they removed it, and I told them to go ahead and pull it.

I am thinking, MAYBE, after years the system may be going bad or whatever. I mean, it makes sense, because when starting the car, EVERYTHING wants to work, except for it actually start.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:21 AM
Admin

Garage

^they gave it back to me without the remote start. All good until today.....

and now, it starts, ALMOST, but dies.

Back to the dealer.

*sigh*
Old 12-31-2008, 10:49 AM

sergey85 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to sergey85

damn man that sucks dude. u can install an alram or the remote start with a chipped key aslong as u give it to someone who knows what the hell they are doing.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:08 PM
Admin

Garage

^right.....but that still wasn't the issue. *sigh*
Old 01-19-2009, 02:51 AM

Sf2fan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Sf2fan Send a message via MSN to Sf2fan

Sassan, you sure this isn't a fuel pump going out?
Old 01-28-2009, 11:59 PM
Admin

Garage

I keep telling them I think its the fuel pump, or fuel pump relay. They can't replicate the prob, so they can't tell. Either way, they have the truck, AGAIN.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:26 PM
Admin

Garage

Got the truck back today after 20 days, again. This time, we changed the fuel relays in the engine bay. I pray to goodness that this is the end of the saga. Another $150 gone. *sigh* At least the Infiniti guys have been good to me.