Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS COMMUNITY > Nissan/Infiniti General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2008, 12:12 PM
Deuces Wild

ittamaticstatic is on a distinguished road
Default 2* timing advance Titan

Next time you go to the dealer ask them to do a 2* base timing advance on you titan. Gains are better fuel economy, more power and response. You can still run whichever octane you prefer.

You can also do the timing advance with the bullydog power pup programmer and get some tuned maps and the throttle restriction removed.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-18-2008, 04:59 PM

sergey85 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to sergey85

i dont have a titan but was wondering what does this do to a car wouldnt it mess up the engine or does not hurt it. im just curious because i hear alot of people been doing them on maximas and other cars.

2002 Maxima GLE Silver on Black | Berk Intake w/AEM Dryflow | Clear Sidemarker Lights w/PIAA L.E.D|Fibre Customs EyeLids | PIAA White Fogs | 5% Limo Tint | Brembo Blanks and Hawk HPS Pads |CATTMAN RSB| ebay FSTB | NWP VIAS Block Plate |

not installed:
Phenolic Thermal Intake Manifold Spacer Kit | 07 350z rims (needs tires)| OEM spoiler(paint)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 06-18-2008, 05:15 PM
Deuces Wild

yes its the same procedure as the maxima. It will not hurt the vehicle it. You can use cypher or a consult II to adjust base timing. 3 degrees on the maxima and 2 degrees on the titan.
Old 06-19-2008, 01:29 AM
Bow down

Nismom has a spectacular aura aboutNismom has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Nismom Send a message via MSN to Nismom Send a message via Yahoo to Nismom
Visit Nismom's Facebook Visit Nismom's MySpace Visit Nismom's YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittamaticstatic View Post
You can still run whichever octane you prefer.
Since when? Can you confirm this? I've always heard you had to use Premium.

Do you belong to any Titan forums?
Old 06-19-2008, 09:54 AM
Deuces Wild

I personally run 89 octane on it all the time. Maybe running the cheap stuff is pushing it but I don't think so. I'm Ravelo on CT. I remember you
Old 06-19-2008, 05:20 PM

sergey85 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to sergey85

Quote:
yes its the same procedure as the maxima. It will not hurt the vehicle it. You can use cypher or a consult II to adjust base timing. 3 degrees on the maxima and 2 degrees on the titan.
alright cool thanks
Old 06-19-2008, 08:44 PM
Bow down

Nismom has a spectacular aura aboutNismom has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Nismom Send a message via MSN to Nismom Send a message via Yahoo to Nismom
Visit Nismom's Facebook Visit Nismom's MySpace Visit Nismom's YouTube

Quote:
I personally run 89 octane on it all the time. Maybe running the cheap stuff is pushing it but I don't think so. I'm Ravelo on CT. I remember you
I get that a lot. :p Glad you could join our little family.
Old 07-08-2008, 09:35 PM

Sethman916 is on a distinguished road

I just got my titan a few days ago and have heard about this. Let me shed some light on the subject since i have had plenty of experience tuning my cars. What a timing advance does is makes your car run leaner. this will give you more performance. This will take out the safety aspect though. If you run leaner than you're supposed to you can get knock and ping and possibly bend a rod or some other kind of serious damage. the reason the car is tuned the way it is is to give you a cushion. this means you can safely run cheap or low octane gas with no problems. when a car is tuned more aggressively to give you more performance like the VQ35 then you need to run higher octane gas that helps to control knock and pinging. with most car manufacturers they will tune the car to give it a nice big cushion so that they don't get stuck with a bunch of busted up engines to replace under warranty. but because they are so conservative then you can most likely run regular in a car like the Maxima and never experience any problems. but, you are increasing the risk of damage and my shorten the life of your engine. same thing would go for the Titan engine that is normally tuned to run on any type of gas. When you advance the timing to run leaner and get more performance from your Titan you really should run higher octane gas to help prevent knock and ping although you could possibly run it with regular with no problems.