Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > VEHICLE TECHNICAL DISCUSSION > Nissan Altima Technical Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2014, 04:50 PM

ahayes1 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Default needing a header

Hey does anybody have a header for 2.5 '07+ altima in new or good condition? Thanks.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-01-2014, 06:39 PM

xeene is just really nicexeene is just really nicexeene is just really nicexeene is just really nice

http://www.stillen.com/products/head...header-100253/
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 01-02-2014, 01:50 PM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sassan

for what you are gonna spend, go with the Stillen.....well worth it.
Old 01-03-2014, 04:56 PM

Garage

Ok. Thanks all. I really didn't want to top $300 but it seems as if they are the only ones available right now. Megan had a recall and m2s are on backstock until March.
Old 01-03-2014, 07:16 PM
You Big Dummy!

carfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of light

It's really tough to beat Stillen's fit and finish, especially being as the entire piece is stainless.
"People shouldn't be so scared about this virus from Africa. He only has two more years of his presidency.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:27 PM

Garage

Stillen is very good...especially for Nissan but do you think Megan or srs is just as good for less? Why is stillen's upstream o2 sensor so low?
Old 01-04-2014, 02:28 AM
You Big Dummy!

carfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of light

I didn't see an Altima header on Megan Racing;s site but I did take a look at the Stillen header linked above.
I don't think the O2 sensor bung is too low being as it's primary function is to monitor fuel ratio and any higher in the collector and it might not read the exhaust gases equally from all of the header tubes.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:36 PM

Garage

The Megan header cross references with the se-r/specv. That makes sense with the stillen the way you explained it...so it's less likely to trigger a light like that. You might convince me to sacrifice the extra $ and go with stillen.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:56 AM
You Big Dummy!

Using the spec-v as a reference I checked out the header and I noticed four O2 bungs.
I'm not sure why there are so many bungs but I don't think their locations would provide accurate fuel metering evenly from all cylinders.
I'm guessing the Megan are for more of a true racing application with multiple O2 sensors and an entirely different ECU setup.
I would think your most trouble free setup would be the Stillen.
Besides the O2 sensors the Megan may have fitment issues since it was designed for the spec-v and not the ALtima specifically.
I know the motors are the same but the fitment has got to be different as the Sentra is a smaller car and the mid-pipes may not line up correctly.
Old 01-05-2014, 12:58 AM
You Big Dummy!

Oops - Double post.
Old 01-05-2014, 10:24 AM

Garage

Yes they do have four bungs. You may be right on the reason for that. Thanks for the input.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:16 PM

Garage

Hey all. I bought the stillen header and installed it today. It took me a while because of some stubborn nuts but I finished it. So far I am pleased with the sound at high rpms. I will try to post a pic or two.
Old 01-27-2014, 05:59 PM

Garage

I can't seem to get the pics to post. Nevermind.
Old 01-29-2014, 12:51 AM
You Big Dummy!

Good to hear that you are pleased with the new header.
The worst part of taking the old manifold off can be the nuts/bolts that are right under the precat.