Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > VEHICLE TECHNICAL DISCUSSION > Nissan Altima Technical Discussion

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
  1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-29-2011, 12:16 PM

NISSAN_ALTY001 is on a distinguished road
Default Inside LEDs

Can anyone provide a list and amount of LEDs to buy when changing the gauge cluster dome light map light visor mirror lights gear shift light. Basically everything that cab be changed on the inside beside the climate control. Also the warning lights in the gauge cluster. Don't wmt to buy to many or to little and have to do this twice.
Thanks in advance for the help.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-30-2011, 05:23 AM

allblackedout111 is on a distinguished road

Try superbrightleds.com

If you can't find all the different bulb sizes you need, come back and we can try to figure out which bulbs you can't find an LED for.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-30-2011, 02:00 PM

Ok. Well I really don't know how many to buy for certain areas. Also when I look up bulbs their is more then 1 type like there's 74 74x 74xhp etc. Which do I need.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:35 AM

Are you referring to the variety of different LED's? I know that bulbs like the small 194's are available with 1 LED all the way up to like 7 LED's, all on the same bulb.

Their vehicle finder doesn't tell you how many bulbs you would need for area's that would require more than one bulb?
Old 05-04-2011, 02:45 PM

Diablo2424 is on a distinguished road
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Diablo2424
Visit Diablo2424's Facebook Visit Diablo2424's Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by allblackedout111 View Post
Are you referring to the variety of different LED's? I know that bulbs like the small 194's are available with 1 LED all the way up to like 7 LED's, all on the same bulb.

Their vehicle finder doesn't tell you how many bulbs you would need for area's that would require more than one bulb?
Most places don't tell you how many bulbs you need, just which bulbs to use... so you're best bet is to just take a look and see how many you'll need. For example, two turn signals in the back, so one bulb on each side... orrr your dome light, turn it on, chances are only 1 bulb will light you, usually you can tell without taking it apart.

SER - Stock Except Rims

Mods: NWP VIAS Delete|NWP 3pc. Intake Spacer Kit|WAI|RL FSTB|Dimpled/Slotted Front Rotors w/ceramics|Redline Tuning QuickLIFT|eBay Grill|Plasti-dipped front bumper|JVC KD NX-5000 DVD

Future Mods: Tint|Car PC|RL Y-Pipe|Cat-back|More Plasti-dip!
Old 05-05-2011, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo2424 View Post
Most places don't tell you how many bulbs you need, just which bulbs to use... so you're best bet is to just take a look and see how many you'll need. For example, two turn signals in the back, so one bulb on each side... orrr your dome light, turn it on, chances are only 1 bulb will light you, usually you can tell without taking it apart.
Yeah I can look at the obvious ones but how about the gauge cluster and warning lights? I know the gear shifter is just 1 bulb I assume and the dome light is 1 also, the mirror lights on the sunvisor I think has two for each side which would mean I would need to order 8 bulbs for just the visor lights..Maplights I assume 1 on each side total of 2...
I just wish someone would or had a list of all the bulbs I would need to do the entire interior..
Old 05-06-2011, 03:25 AM

Try to find gauge cluster pictures online. If someone is selling one on ebay they may have a picture of the back, in which case you would be able to count the bulbs there.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:10 AM

Ok i found a cluster online Ebay and got good pictures of the back of the cluster now which bulbs are the cluster and which are the warning lights? I believe the bulbs are size 194 and warning lights are 74 am I correct on this. <-------- Link to the ebay auction with the pictures for you to see what I am talking about.
Thanks for the continued help on this..
Old 01-19-2012, 03:17 PM
Trying to be a Member

StanzaDescendant is on a distinguished road

If you're still looking for answers I did a write-up for the 00-01, but it also lists 93-94 and 95-99 bulb sizes over on NissanClub.

Old 01-19-2012, 05:19 PM
You Big Dummy!

carfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of lightcarfreak67 is a glorious beacon of light

I know this thread is from last year but if you're looking to swap out the instrument lights on a 3rd gen you're in fro quite a project.
The instrument cluster is lit by surface mounted orange LEDs meaning you would either have to do a lot of tedious soldering or use an overlay to change the dash color.

If you're working with an '01 as your screen name would suggest - never mind.
"People shouldn't be so scared about this virus from Africa. He only has two more years of his presidency.
Old 01-20-2012, 06:27 AM

Stanza could you link the write up for me? Thanks for the help.
Old 02-12-2012, 11:22 PM
Trying to be a Member

StanzaDescendant is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISSAN_ALTY001 View Post
Stanza could you link the write up for me? Thanks for the help.
Sorry for the late response. But here ya go, Complete LED Conversion (Dash light Upgrade!) - Nissan Forums : Nissan Forum
Old 10-26-2012, 03:36 AM

Douglascarter is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISSAN_ALTY001 View Post
Can anyone provide a list and amount of LEDs to visit this buy when changing the gauge cluster dome light map light visor mirror lights gear shift light. Basically everything that cab be changed on the inside beside the climate control. Also the warning lights in the gauge cluster. Don't wmt to buy to many or to little and have to do this twice.
Thanks in advance for the help.
Can you provide me reliable source to purchase led lights?