Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > VEHICLE TECHNICAL DISCUSSION > Nissan Altima Technical Discussion

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
  1 links from elsewhere to this Post. Click to view. #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-06-2008, 12:43 AM
Gen 4 Altimas FTW

gatorglaze is on a distinguished road
Default General Discussion Thread : GDT

So in most of the forums i have seen, there is always a general discussion thread in which you can discuss basically....Anything regarding the forum section or not. It's basically an "off topic" area for mainly the members within 1 subgroup. This thread might fail but i'm going to give it a shot anyway, great place to ask a question without starting a new and useless thread as well...

To kick it off, i just got an email confirming that my stock OEM altima grille has been shipped and should arrive here monday. I'm planning on painting it black, including the emblem and slapping it onto my car and see if i like it or not. I also bought a nice sheet of universal mesh and im going to see if theres a ghetto rig possible to make a nice mesh grille and use my dremel to cut out the center pieces. I want to make it look like the AIT grille without a center piece.

OH AND ALSO

Next purchase, rims? Or Avic d3 setup?
  • Fujita SRI
  • Stillen Headers
  • Stillen Catback Exhaust
  • Stillen Front Fascia
  • Stillen Hood Dampeners
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-06-2008, 08:55 AM

Rys2k8Altima is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Rys2k8Altima

Both!

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-06-2008, 06:08 PM
Not an unregistered user

The Rupp is on a distinguished road

Personally I'd go with the Avic D3... rims can wait IMO

I'm gonna do a few more bulb replacements on my car. I'm trying to go filament-free on my car except dome lights and brights.

I need opinions on tints... Solar Gard or Llumar? I want 15%...
Old 03-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Ticket Magnet

Jose3.5 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Jose3.5 Send a message via MSN to Jose3.5 Send a message via Yahoo to Jose3.5

My rims were free and my D3 is stuck in Baltimore right now:sad010:

2007 Altima 3.5 SE CVT

Old 03-06-2008, 06:16 PM
Gen 4 Altimas FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose3.5 View Post
My rims were free and my D3 is stuck in Baltimore right now:sad010:
Hows that?
Old 03-06-2008, 06:44 PM

RockenZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorglaze View Post
Hows that?
He stole the rims and his STOLEN D3 that someone STOLE for him... is in Baltimore... haha... maybe he traded rims? or someone with a G35 got new rims and gave him these?
Old 03-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Ticket Magnet

Send a message via AIM to Jose3.5 Send a message via MSN to Jose3.5 Send a message via Yahoo to Jose3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockenZ View Post
He stole the rims and his STOLEN D3 that someone STOLE for him... is in Baltimore... haha... maybe he traded rims? or someone with a G35 got new rims and gave him these?

Yeah someone with a G35 got new rims and let me have them. I ordered the D3 from Crutchfield and it's in Baltimore right now making its way to L.A.:sad010:
Old 03-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Gen 4 Altimas FTW

oOo you lucky bastard. I need to find some richer friends. But within 2 weeks i should have a good enough amount in my bank account to purchase the avic d3x package. is that the one your getting? I was originally going to get the one from newegg but its 800 with no ipod adapter while the crutchfield one is 1000 but 200 rebate WITH ipod adapter. I dont know if i want to wait for the rebate because i dont think i can shell out 1000 bucks.

EDIT: I seriously couldn't take it anymore so i just tapped into my savings account and transfered a grand and purchased the entire bundle. I almost paid an extra 15 bucks for the harness until i found out that it came with the d3x package. Lol, thank god i always look over the order for an hour before i enter my debit card info. Came out to 870 including steering wheel interface.

Last edited by gatorglaze; 03-06-2008 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:52 PM

RockenZ is on a distinguished road

its AWESOME! Worth the money!
Old 03-06-2008, 11:14 PM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sassan

sell drugs and buy both
Old 03-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Ticket Magnet

Yeah on newegg they have both the D3 and the D3X for the same price of $800. On Crutchfield the D3X is $800 with the rebate so you are only paying $800 for it upfront and you get all the other good stuff for free.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:31 AM
Gen 4 Altimas FTW

When i first looked at it i thought it was a Mail in rebate. but when i figured out that it wasn't, i ran to my wallet and busted out my card immediately. Cannot wait!!! Oh jose, you installing it yourself or are you going to a auto shop to get it done?
Old 03-07-2008, 01:21 AM
Ticket Magnet

I want to do it myself but I'm not sure if I'm capable of doing it. I also ordered an Amp and I have no idea on how to wire that and I think it would be a hassle to remove a lot of the things to run the wires through.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:21 AM
yay

QR has a spectacular aura aboutQR has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to QR

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockenZ View Post
He stole the rims and his STOLEN D3 that someone STOLE for him... is in Baltimore... haha... maybe he traded rims?
Nope...he stole the rims. come on guys look at his S/N the only rich "friend" he probably has is the guy that paid him to mow his lawn
:thefinger:

Old 03-07-2008, 01:24 AM
Ticket Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by QR25DE175 View Post
Nope...he stole the rims. come on guys look at his S/N the only rich "friend" he probably has is the guy that paid him to mow his lawn
:thefinger:
Go back and stare at your hub caps
I don't mow lawns.
Old 03-07-2008, 01:25 AM
yay

QR has a spectacular aura aboutQR has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to QR

:th_SmlyROFL:^
ok you dont mow lawns but you still stole the rims :lolrun:
Old 03-07-2008, 02:23 AM
Gen 4 Altimas FTW

Considering this is the GDT. I found this video hilarious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9kY6N6Q8K0

So much mayhem. Im glad i live in central jersey. We dont get crazy snow storms normally.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:43 PM
Ticket Magnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by QR25DE175 View Post
:th_SmlyROFL:^
ok you dont mow lawns but you still stole the rims :lolrun:
I didn't steal shit. You're just mad that I got two sets of rims and you got nothing but hub caps.
Old 03-07-2008, 12:51 PM
Ticket Magnet

Gatorglaze, when did you order your D3? I'm scheduled to get mine on March 11 and UPS hasn't updated the tracking info so I don't know where its at :sad010: When are you scheduled to get yours?
Old 03-07-2008, 12:53 PM
Gen 4 Altimas FTW

Well i ordered mine last night, got a call this morning (waking me up after a late night) to confirm i made the order, and i just checked and it was shipped today via 2nd day air UPS. The tracking number isnt even in the system yet but im 99% sure i get the system on tuesday. When was your package supposed to have been shipped?