Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > VEHICLE TECHNICAL DISCUSSION > Nissan Altima Technical Discussion

LinkBack (1) Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2008, 09:50 PM
Squirrel Czar

ManicSquirrel will become famous soon enoughManicSquirrel will become famous soon enough
Garage

anyone have a 5th aftermarket wheel? I might get another one and modify the trunk so it fits like stock as a spare, diameter won't be an issue, but the width of the wheel will make the carpet sit up higher and uneven, which can easily be fixed with a few blocks of foam like they already have in there....the VDC equipped cars like mine came with the 5th full size alloy wheel, so i figure keep it going. anyhow, tested 7 different whiskeys tonight ranging from scotch to rye, 4 years to 15 years aged, much tougher than wine tasting

2007 3.5SL (with tech package) Radiant Silver : Nismo cat-back : Injen WAI : 35% tint : 19" x 8.5" Enkei RP03's/Bridgestone RE050A 245/40-19 : Eibach Pro-Kit Springs: PIAA plasma ion yellow fogs : stealth turn signal bulbs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-17-2008, 08:25 PM

RockenZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicSquirrel View Post
anyone have a 5th aftermarket wheel? I might get another one and modify the trunk so it fits like stock as a spare, diameter won't be an issue, but the width of the wheel will make the carpet sit up higher and uneven, which can easily be fixed with a few blocks of foam like they already have in there....the VDC equipped cars like mine came with the 5th full size alloy wheel, so i figure keep it going. anyhow, tested 7 different whiskeys tonight ranging from scotch to rye, 4 years to 15 years aged, much tougher than wine tasting
I know some people have...

and haha
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-17-2008, 10:38 PM
Squirrel Czar

ManicSquirrel will become famous soon enoughManicSquirrel will become famous soon enough
Garage

only one whiskey tonight
Old 05-18-2008, 02:33 AM
Ticket Magnet

Jose3.5 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Jose3.5 Send a message via MSN to Jose3.5 Send a message via Yahoo to Jose3.5

Went to Stillen today and there where 2 GT-R's and many other nice car, I left sunburned and after that we went to a Brazilian steak house where the food was amazing.

2007 Altima 3.5 SE CVT

Old 05-18-2008, 02:46 AM
Ticket Magnet

Send a message via AIM to Jose3.5 Send a message via MSN to Jose3.5 Send a message via Yahoo to Jose3.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicSquirrel View Post
both hooks eh? what'd you hit? did you get the pro-kits?
I got a good shot today. At Stillen they lifted and installed my sway bar so I got some decent pictures of the underside of the car. They looked like towing hook things but I guess they weren't. The red circles show the parts that I have bent and or scraped
Old 05-18-2008, 11:02 AM
Squirrel Czar

Garage

see the brackets at the bottom of the pic, thats what i scraped
Old 05-18-2008, 03:27 PM
Ticket Magnet

I've scraped my mufflers also but not those brackets that you did, I'll be lowering my car soon(my springs are sitting in my back seat) so I know it'll only get worse.

Check this thread for the Stillen pictures
Nissan Enthusiast Forums - Stillen '08 Aftermath and Pic Thread

I know some people wanted pictures of the bottom of the car but I don't feel like looking for that thread so I'll just put them here

Old 05-18-2008, 05:09 PM

RockenZ is on a distinguished road

You're very lucky to be on the West Coast! Great Pics! Red GTR looked AWESOME!
Old 05-18-2008, 08:50 PM
Squirrel Czar

Garage

good pics there at the stillen meet, those gt-r's are making me jealous. I ordered some of those stealth bulbs for the turn signals today, no more amber bulbs soon, they're gonna be a pain to put in, I should get the HID kit for the fogs and just get that done
Old 05-19-2008, 02:29 AM
Ticket Magnet

The GT-R's exhaust isn't all that loud.
Old 05-19-2008, 11:49 AM
Squirrel Czar

Garage

ok so i was going to get some HID fogs but decided not to spend the money just in case i decide to get the stillen front eventually, most likely i wont get the front, but you never know. don't get me wrong, i love it, but it is still just my daily driver sedan and it will get traded in one day. so i got these PIAA ion yellow "2500K" halogen bulbs, there was another brand that was much cheaper, but they were 100W, and the PIAA were 55W like the factory bulbs. hopefully they are plenty yellow, that's what i'm goin for, should look good with the factory HID lights. should be fun putting those in
Old 05-19-2008, 03:03 PM

Pirat11 is on a distinguished road

How you guys doing?
I have been looking all over for Side window deflectors but can't find it anywhere for my 2008 Altima sedan. If any one can help me that would be nice. Thanks.
Old 05-19-2008, 03:51 PM
Squirrel Czar

Garage

i was going to say no way, but you have a hybrid, so It's ok....

2008 Nissan Altima AVS Vent Visors, Window Air Deflectors
Old 05-19-2008, 08:15 PM

Pirat11 is on a distinguished road

Thank for the tip.
Why did you say no way? Don't you think it will look good with deflectors?
Old 05-19-2008, 08:49 PM
Squirrel Czar

Garage

i'm not a fan of them, but i do say function comes first, so if they are something that work for you, go for it
Old 05-22-2008, 11:08 AM
Squirrel Czar

Garage

last day of work then 4 day weekend, hope my damn bulbs come in so i can get them put in this weekend. not looking forward to takign the bumper off, anyone else taken the frotn bumper off?
Old 05-22-2008, 02:35 PM
yay

QR has a spectacular aura aboutQR has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to QR

its not hard

Old 05-22-2008, 06:22 PM
Squirrel Czar

Garage

just a pain
Old 05-22-2008, 06:59 PM

Rys2k8Altima is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Rys2k8Altima

Its easy as hell... You dont even need to take the bumper all the way off. you can leave the splash sheild on the bottom and just hang it there.

Old 05-23-2008, 05:11 PM
Squirrel Czar

Garage

i took the bumper off today, pretty easy, i did notice i did not have to take it all the way off to change our the bulbs..it was just easier, and i figured why not so i know how to in the future. Also i took out the factory air duct piece today, it was just flopping around in there and sitting on a hot piece of metal. it really does nothing without suction from the sealed factory airbox since no direct flow hits it from the outside and it is blocked off from the grill...picture for fun