Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS COMMUNITY > Nissan Altima Technical Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2008, 09:01 PM
Trying to be a Member

kevinbp639 is on a distinguished road
Default CVT in the 2.5s??

so today i was at my local nissan dealership cause my friend was looking at 350z's and i mentioned to the salesman that i own a 2007 2.5s altima and he asked if it was a manual transmission and I said no automatic, and he responded "oh so its CVT", and i was just like "no its a regular automatic transmission".
He said that all altimas made after 2007 have CVT's unless theyre a manual transmission.
Is he right? because I really didn't kno.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-06-2008, 06:42 AM

6SPD_FTW is on a distinguished road

You mean to say that you drive a 2.5 Altima w/ CVT and NEVER NOTICED that the thing never shifts gears???!!!

The CVT is just an entirely different technology than regular automatic.

Late,
Trav
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-06-2008, 02:41 PM

RockenZ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6SPD_FTW View Post
You mean to say that you drive a 2.5 Altima w/ CVT and NEVER NOTICED that the thing never shifts gears???!!!

The CVT is just an entirely different technology than regular automatic.

Late,
Trav
yeah... its a CVT... and Welcome 6SPD_FTW! and you too kevinbp639!
Old 10-06-2008, 04:26 PM
Ticket Magnet

Jose3.5 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Jose3.5 Send a message via MSN to Jose3.5 Send a message via Yahoo to Jose3.5

Yup you have a CVT in your car. A sales that actually knows something, who would of thunk it?

2007 Altima 3.5 SE CVT

Old 10-06-2008, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose3.5 View Post
Yup you have a CVT in your car. A sales that actually knows something, who would of thunk it?
^+1... but that is almost basic knowledge (for a salesman anyways.. )... :p haha
Old 10-07-2008, 05:49 PM
Trying to be a Member

yea come to think of it i did realize soon after posting this that it did have a CVT. and yea it doesn't technically shift gears but you still see your revs drop. Ive only had the car for a few months but i love it.

and another thing i noticed today is that when u push the pedal down all the way it clicks at the bottom. is that like a boost or something?
Old 10-07-2008, 06:57 PM
Ticket Magnet

Jose3.5 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Jose3.5 Send a message via MSN to Jose3.5 Send a message via Yahoo to Jose3.5

Yeah that's in there also. The super secret click to will give you the super duper turbo boost
Old 10-07-2008, 08:37 PM

sergey85 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to sergey85

^^^hahahaha dont tell him that, no turbo thus no boost in your altima

2002 Maxima GLE Silver on Black | Berk Intake w/AEM Dryflow | Clear Sidemarker Lights w/PIAA L.E.D|Fibre Customs EyeLids | PIAA White Fogs | 5% Limo Tint | Brembo Blanks and Hawk HPS Pads |CATTMAN RSB| ebay FSTB | NWP VIAS Block Plate |

not installed:
Phenolic Thermal Intake Manifold Spacer Kit | 07 350z rims (needs tires)| OEM spoiler(paint)
Old 10-07-2008, 10:00 PM

its a WOT switch... (Wide Open Throttle)... FAST! :p
Old 10-08-2008, 11:08 PM
Trying to be a Member

well yea obviously i didnt mean a turbo haha but yea i do notice considerably more acceleration when that i push the click. Im getting a fujita short ram intake put in it soon. I wanted the cold air but apparently they dont fit in the 2.5s?? How much brake horse power do u think ill realistically output with the intake?
Old 10-21-2008, 06:00 PM

Ry is on a distinguished road

Nissan CVTs are awesome.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:12 PM

sergey85 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to sergey85

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinbp639 View Post
well yea obviously i didnt mean a turbo haha but yea i do notice considerably more acceleration when that i push the click. Im getting a fujita short ram intake put in it soon. I wanted the cold air but apparently they dont fit in the 2.5s?? How much brake horse power do u think ill realistically output with the intake?
all the intake they sell short ram or other ones are not really cold air intakes they are warm air intake. a true cold air intake are the ones that go down to the fender,and it actually gets cold air but its bad for DD cause if it rains u are screwed(will probably flood the engine). u will like it its a cheap mod and sound good when u go pass 2500rpm. make sure it comes with the maf adapter and all the stuff so u wont have to drill holes or add a bung for maf.
Old 10-22-2008, 11:56 PM

Altiman08 is on a distinguished road

If I was you, I would just buy a drop in KNN filter and be done with "performance mods." You'll waist alot of money and see hardly noticeable gains for your 4 cylinder.
Old 11-20-2008, 03:15 PM
Live Fast-Drive Harder

phenom78 is on a distinguished road

Wow i can't believe you didn't notice this ever before. Kind of funny/sad lol jk put your car into manual mode and have some fun with it then you can feel your shifts

8k Headlights
18 in G35 rims
Strobes in front and Rear
Painted Tails"LED Design 4 Turns"
Aftermarket Fogs"Daytime Running Lights"
Old 12-31-2008, 01:48 PM

shan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinbp639 View Post
so today i was at my local nissan dealership cause my friend was looking at 350z's and i mentioned to the salesman that i own a 2007 2.5s altima and he asked if it was a manual transmission and I said no automatic, and he responded "oh so its CVT", and i was just like "no its a regular automatic transmission".
He said that all altimas made after 2007 have CVT's unless theyre a manual transmission.
Is he right? because I really didn't kno.
wow - don't you do research before buying car??? ppl like you should not be allowed on the street - next thing you know you'll be driving 6 speed thinking its Auto
.: 2007 2.5S :: Dark Slate :: CVT :: HID 6000k :: 20% tint back :: 30% tint front :: Garmin nĂ¼vi 350 Hardwire :: Turn Signal/Folding Sideview Mirrors (Black) :: OEM Fog lights :: OEM Spoiler with LED :: ASA AR9 With Spoke Inserts 19" Rims :.
Pics ---> http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3010184
Old 01-01-2009, 01:20 PM

Rys2k8Altima is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Rys2k8Altima

That is very funny actually