Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > VEHICLE TECHNICAL DISCUSSION > Nissan 240 Series/300 Series/NEW Model Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2009, 09:47 PM
Ok, So i'm lost...

96GXE is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 96GXE Send a message via Yahoo to 96GXE
Default Busted Block

I have recently picked up a 94 240 SX. The guy i bought it from said that the a/c had seized up and had ripped away from the block, putting a window in it. I know its probably obvious that I'm going to have to change the engine. But is this a normal problem for these engines? Or is this just one of those WTF only happens one time kind of things??

1994 Nissan 240SX - New Toy
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-27-2009, 11:29 PM
RLR Is Here.

Red Lion has a spectacular aura aboutRed Lion has a spectacular aura about

Sounds like one of those WTF situations, I've never heard of anything like that. Lol in fact I don't see how the AC could "rip away" from the block.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 02-28-2009, 01:08 AM
Ok, So i'm lost...

Well from what i can tell, the A/C is still in the engine bay...but i can't really see. I'm guessing i'm going to have to pick the engine up out of the body and take a closer look. I've never heard of it myself, and its got me a bit intrigued.

Hopefully there is either nothing wrong, and the guy was a tard, or its just a simple engine swap. I mean for $150 i honestly couldn't pass it up.
Old 02-28-2009, 04:30 AM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sassan

How in the world does it "rip" away unless the mounts went bad at 60 mph and went flying into the block. That doesn't sound too likely.....
Old 02-28-2009, 07:41 PM
RLR Is Here.

Red Lion has a spectacular aura aboutRed Lion has a spectacular aura about

Even if the A/C hit the block at speed it wouldn't/shouldn't break the cast-iron block. They're awefully tough.
Old 03-01-2009, 11:16 AM
Ok, So i'm lost...

I kind of figured as much, as i'd never heard of the problem on any other car before. Just didn't know if this was just something strange about this particular car or not. Apparently, i was right, and I'm being fed some BS.

Doesn't matter though, Got the car cheap, JY engine is cheap...and I'll have a nice little ride to match my wife's Altima.
Old 03-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Ok, So i'm lost...

Default Well I found out WTF

Turns out that the car slung a rod. Not only did it lose the main cap, the rod ripped out of the number 1 piston. Thankfully I just got a good engine from a buddy of mine for $400 so, I'm not really hurt by it.

It just makes me wonder what in the HELL was going on when that occured, maybe some of that?