Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS COMMUNITY > Introduce Yourself

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2008, 10:39 PM
moderatorade

Rick is on a distinguished road
Default Good site for auto photography tips

Read this before you point and click....

http://www.cobracountry.com/fototips/home.html

05 SRT-10
65 C10
66 Charger w/ 36k og miles
87 325e over 300k and counting (R.I.P. at 310k)
95 525i
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-01-2008, 10:57 PM
Brodys the man!

rick66 is on a distinguished road

forced flash ftw! Good find!

05 3.5 SE Satin White
Nismo CAI, Rays Eng. Nismo 18x8.5 w/BFG 245/45Z/18, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, SER Tails & R. Bumper, SER Springs/Struts/Shocks,
Stillen Rear Sway Bar, Stillen Front Lip, Active Tuning S5 Grille, 20% Tint and M3 Rear Window Spoiler

Gallery Pics- http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/c...t=f80bb212.pbw
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-07-2008, 05:21 PM
SuperModerator

Diesel Clown will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Diesel Clown

very nice. what a difference lighting makes.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:38 PM

superblackz is on a distinguished road

The best point they make right away is V is bad H is good. In this pic the lighting is almost all vertical, a forced fill flash brings out the detail of what would otherwise be in almost all shadow, but by hitting at about 45 deg angle, you're hard-pressed to see the flash or reflection of the photographer:

This one is the same way, you can pick up the reflections if you want to and make the photo more interesting (w/o the flash fill the entire right side would be dark) yet still have a nice natural lighting look to the pic, the sun is setting and picks up the green with soft yellow. i washed the plate out a bit but if I wanted to I'd just touch that up.

I just rolled over 10,000 photos since 2004 on my favorite digital camera, an inexpensive Sony 5 MP camera. Always shoot at the highest quality, and take lots of photos. About half of those 10,000 photos were cars or car-related (how-to, etc.)

Nice article!!! When I look back at the pics I took 5-6 years ago, half the time they were at the middle of the day, Vertical natural light, or bad flash shots at night, practice really helps.
'91 B13 Black, JDM 10:1 CR SR20DE, Custom Intake/MAF, 2.5" SSAC Header, Progress Coil-overs 350F/250/R, 3-way adj. 30-mm Progress FSWB, 22-mm Progress Rear Sway, Ground Control Camber Plates, Front strut and FW braces, Progress control arm brace, Energy Suspension bushings, Wilwood Brakes, 4.4 kg Motegei Traklites 15x7, Kuhmo MX tires.

Team Progress
Old 03-12-2008, 02:51 PM
the black member

blackalti is on a distinguished road

kinda bossy huh? good info though, i took photography in school and not once did they tell me to use my flash all the time, ima go try that
Old 03-13-2008, 08:17 PM
Certified lunatic

eclypse is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to eclypse

I took one too in highschool cus I like photography, so does the wife. They didnt say anything there about it either. There's situations in which you wouldnt.. once you spend the time to learn the college degree's worth of information available with modern Nikon/Cannon/etc's you'll understand the dynamics of it a little more. Waaaaay too much to get into here..
Old 03-31-2008, 12:24 AM
ST 38

Spike is on a distinguished road

Quote:
but one good
photograph of your car is worth 10,000 crappy snapshots.
I can vouch for that....in fact, I pretty much swear by that when I shoot pictures of my car.

One thing that I do not agree on is fill flash. I swear by natural lighting, flash is the devil to me. You will never see any of my pictures with flash (unless its some quick snap shot of something). Its good natural lighting, or no picture at all.

Cardomain

Mods:
| Apexi V2 | Hella Optilux 1180 / Prolumen 3000k | Polk DB6500 + Polk DB690 | SE- R Tails | Helios 5000k | LED interior lights | Polk Momo C400.4 | SE-R front | Racingline FSTB | Nismo Catback | SE-R Rear | AT S5 | Nismo 57F / Potenza RE01R; 245 45 18 | Redline Quicklift Elite | Hotshot header | Jihad folding mirrors | SE-R replica spoiler | Nismo RSB | Audi DRL | Tein SS w/ EDFC |

Soon: | 300zx BBK | A4 fender marker |