Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS COMMUNITY > Nissan Altima Technical Discussion > Frequently Asked Questions - Altima

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2008, 01:29 PM
IEEE evil genius

altimate8484 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to altimate8484
Default STS install

I started/finished the STS install last night. not too horrible. The details will be somwhat vague and short, mainly because any kit that you buy should come with their own instructions.

once the console is out (see thread) disconnect the shifter cables

and remove the clips on the cable sleeves.

and remove the 4 bolts holding the assembly to the floor.

remove the shifter assembly and begin swapping out parts

Remove retaining clip (yellow rectangle in that surrounds the shifter ball in above pic)

remove connector (reverse lockout) plate caution spring is under pressure

carefully relieve tension on spring and remove. keep in mind how it came off cause you will need to install it in the same fashion.

replace with new shifter ball cap, use old gasket, install new retaining clip (anodized blue piece)

hammer down on it!!! i definitely thought i was going to break some sh!t but it finally snapped in
02 Altima 2.5S| Fujita CAI | Megan Dual Exhuast | Depo CF Tails | Depo black housing headlights| Custom Mesh Upper Gille | AT Lower Grille | JDM stlye Fog Kit | Carbon Fiber Hood | Hood Struts | NISMO 5 spoke rays 18" (summer) | G35 7 spoke 18" (winter) | Hayame Carbon Fiber Pedals | Custom Shifter and Matching E-Brake boots | 2 15" Audiobahn subs w/ 1200 watts | Custom painted Fiberglass box | Cardomain |
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-03-2008, 01:29 PM
IEEE evil genius

Re install lock out plate and clips

Re install shifter housing, reconnect cables and clips on cable sleeve, install L bracket onto shifter cable.

select upper or lower holes for % of reduced throw. upper=35% reduction lower =25% reduction

finto

I do not have fit and finish yet... a fellow member mention purchasing a similar STS kit and it snapped his cable after 2 days so i may give this install some settleing time before i put it all back together. Shifting has been reduced and is much quicker. clutch and gears engage fully, no grinding gears. Overall it seems like a worthy purchase. Ebay STS from delubozparts

Fit pics above, finish pics to come.
02 Altima 2.5S| Fujita CAI | Megan Dual Exhuast | Depo CF Tails | Depo black housing headlights| Custom Mesh Upper Gille | AT Lower Grille | JDM stlye Fog Kit | Carbon Fiber Hood | Hood Struts | NISMO 5 spoke rays 18" (summer) | G35 7 spoke 18" (winter) | Hayame Carbon Fiber Pedals | Custom Shifter and Matching E-Brake boots | 2 15" Audiobahn subs w/ 1200 watts | Custom painted Fiberglass box | Cardomain |
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-14-2008, 10:42 AM
IEEE evil genius

So the cable has not snapped yet so i decided to put things back together. Upon doing so i found the new shifter hits part of the center console. so i had to modify some more stuff. As i may end up taking the STS out some day i modified it instead of the console. Like so.

bolt hits side and pushes out on console

So i cut the bolt head in half with my dremel

No more problems there. But once i put the boot back on, the black ring that jets inward shown here>>>>>>
is hitting the shifter so i will have to notch that part out.

here are some of the finished pictures.

taco bell FTW!!!!!!

BTW.... who knows how to layer and image on top of another? I would like to take my before and after shots, line them up (with the top layer being some what transparent) for a before and after comparison... I have seen it done before.. let me know if you can help..
Old 04-21-2008, 11:03 PM
moderatorade

Rick is on a distinguished road

great write up!

05 SRT-10
65 C10
66 Charger w/ 36k og miles
87 325e over 300k and counting (R.I.P. at 310k)
95 525i
Old 04-26-2008, 10:02 PM

altima3.5se is on a distinguished road

my ebay sts snapped my cable too now im lookin for a new one.