Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS COMMUNITY > Nissan Altima Technical Discussion > Frequently Asked Questions - Altima

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2008, 09:59 PM
Also known as 'None'

Coach is on a distinguished road
Default Red Top or Yellow Top?

Which one will be better? Which model will fit right in a 2nd gen?

I have a 10" 200W sub and a car pc with motorized in dash screen.

My kirkland battery has been good up until recently. My alternator died and I killed the battery driving to the shop. After being fully recharged the battery hasn't lasted nearly as long as before.

I don't drive during the week but I've tried to go out Friday nights to find the battery drained. Seems like it's not holding its charge anymore. Not sure if it's the LCD screen drawing power as it has a LCD clock display that is on all the time. I also remove the CarPC every night so that isn't drawing power.
Old 03-15-2008, 10:17 PM
Moderatin your moms!

Asleep is a jewel in the roughAsleep is a jewel in the roughAsleep is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Asleep Send a message via Yahoo to Asleep
Visit Asleep's Facebook Visit Asleep's YouTube

i have a redtop in my 240. ive used several redtops in the past. they work good until they decide to die. they dont go slowly like a traditional battery - they just up an die.

RIP Elisa Lupe Katayama Dec 22 1953 - Dec 24 2008
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-15-2008, 10:22 PM
You Already Know

BeeCee is on a distinguished road

The Optima red top is considered a starter, ignition & lighting battery, basically a good, upgraded version from you car battery. The Optima yellow top is considered a deep cycle starter battery and used for marine, and system setups, and things of that nature. It is an above and beyond average car battery quality. Optima deep cycle/starter batteries serve a couple purposes. They are superior starter batteries, but they also are designed to withstand repeated deep discharging without having their life span shortened at all. This ability makes them especially useful when electrical loads exceed recharge rate (including times when the battery cannot be recharged at all, such as running car audio equipment with your engine turned off.) If you need high performance power for car audio, and are planning on expanding your system at all in the future, your best bet would probably be one of the largest Optima deep cycle/starter batteries you can fit in. I had to a little custom adjusting to get my Optima Yellow Top to fit in good.

The Garage:

http://www.supernissans.net/forums/v...p?do=view&g=74
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-16-2008, 02:06 AM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sassan

the thing i hate about Optima.....lack of a good warranty!!!!