Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS COMMUNITY > Auto Detailing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2008, 09:48 PM
Auto Detailing Moderator

blacksentra07 is on a distinguished road
Default A simple way to make your tires shine like they should

For those who enjoy car care, a little tip I've learned and adopted in the detailing world for tires.

The plus? Everyone can pick up these products at their local auto stores for less than $10-15.

Products used: Armor All (AA) Tire Foam (orange can, black cap), Armor All (AA) Tire Gel (orange squeeze bottle), and a generic degreaser.

Proper tire dressing is very important, and not just for aesthetics. Proper products will greatly help the rubber and protect the tires.

I ALWAYS like to clean the wheels and tires before I do anything else when washing a car. This way the dirty water will not splash on the newly washed surface of the car.

The way I like to clean tires is to take either Purple Power, Simple Green, Meguiar's Super Degreaser, etc. I then take these and dilute them 1:1. (One ounce water: one ounce chemical) Spray on the tires after wetting them, and scrub, then rinse.

After you've finished washing the rest of the car then apply the tire foam on the tires. Applying the foam is one of my last steps when I detail a vehicle.

It doesn't matter if the tire is wet or not when applying AA Foam. Usually the tires are still semi-wet when I get to this step. I foam all 4 tires, let settle for about 1 min., and then take an old bath towel. I go around and wipe/clean all tires. It's usually good to do this when there is still foam on the tires. The foam is a GREAT cleaner and a good base for the next step.

Then I apply the AA Tire gel. The gel goes a very very long way since the foam makes a great base. It also helps last a lot longer. Gel is a very good durable tire dressing.

There are a few tires that are not compatible with these products. Reason being is these products contain silicone and possible might turn your tires brown. The only ones I am familiar with like these are drag radial's and other soft composite tires. For these, I use Meguiar's Non-Silicone dressing.

Aftermath:

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-23-2008, 07:18 PM

fr0 masta j is on a distinguished road

Very nice! What did you use to apply it? In the past, i've tried a regular terry towel, terry applicator pads, and the new actual tire gel pads. I actually find that the applicator pads worked best cause you get more control from it.
Performance: Injen CAI | Nismo Cat-back Exhaust | OBX Headers | NWP Block Plate | K-Sport Kontrol Pro Coilovers | CE Rear Anti-Sway Bar| Racingline Endlinks | iRotors xdrilled/slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS Brake Pads

Exterior: 19" Axis Hiros | Stillen Front Lip | Active Tuning S2 Grille | Hella 7000K HID Kit | Blacked-out Headlights | SE-R Taillights | Strada Eyelids | 35% Tint | Debadged

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 03-23-2008, 11:43 PM
Auto Detailing Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0 masta j View Post
Very nice! What did you use to apply it? In the past, i've tried a regular terry towel, terry applicator pads, and the new actual tire gel pads. I actually find that the applicator pads worked best cause you get more control from it.
The armor all extreme gel comes with a very nice applicator pad. It's made of foam with a nice slit/groove down the middle to where you can fill it with the gel. The base is made of a very dense, non absorbing foam (almost like rubber) to grip it. It's actually a very very nice applicator. Some detailers even buy the gel simply to get the foam applicator.
Old 03-23-2008, 11:46 PM
Auto Detailing Moderator

The Ultimate Detail Thread: 60+ Photos; Techniques; Tips; Processes Inside!

Scroll down to the 4th post of mine. There's a picture in there of the applicator and the entire process of the wheel/tire cleaning and dressing. (lots of pics)
Old 03-24-2008, 10:38 PM
AUTHORIZED VENDOR

VIPWHIP is on a distinguished road

wow awesome great!!!! I love it. I will be doing this to my car when it gets a bit warmer here.
Old 06-06-2008, 10:08 PM
Banned

Tcrubuyuuie is on a distinguished road
Post Interruption

The fine-furniture store where I work has been in business since the 1920s. Recently I received a call from a woman who wanted to replace some chairs from a dining set purchased from us in the 1930s. I assured her we could help and sought the assistance of the office manager. "You'll never believe this one, " I told him." I just got a call from a customer who bought some chairs from us in the 1930s. " Before I could finish repeating her request, he interrupted and said, "Don't tell me she hasn't received them yet!" ----------------------------------Looking to buy wow gold? Do you look for cheap wow gold? Welcome to our website:1.wow gold,2.wow gold,3.wow gold,4.wow gold,5.wow gold.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:50 AM

poonamt93 is on a distinguished road

A very nice article have you written.I really appreciate the helpful information.
The light weight wheel can give benefits in roadholding and handling because of the reduced unsprung mass of the wheel assembly.This means the wheel needs less energy to move in response to bumps, so improving the ride and keeping the tyre in contact with the road surface for a greater time.
Old 06-03-2010, 02:30 AM

shortshifter03 is on a distinguished road

Very great! This has been my issue when cleaning my tires. This is a much help. Great Job!
Old 02-21-2011, 04:15 AM

shortshifter03 is on a distinguished road

that's an amazing idea! thanks for sharing..
Old 07-16-2011, 02:33 AM
Trying to be a Member

braim is on a distinguished road

its great post of yours friend thanks for sharing this.