Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS COMMUNITY > Auto Detailing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2008, 09:05 PM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sassan
Default Scratch removal

So someone was kind enough to leave some scratches on my car the other day.....black paint.

Best way to remove the scratches? They aren't DEEP DEEP but not something that will just rub out really quick.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:54 AM
doesnt own a super nissan

Paul is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Paul

are they scratches or scuffs. try a little clay if you have some laying around. if it's a scuff and there is no clay present, try a little bug and tar remover on a towel. you may be able to remove the other color that way. if not, try a little rubbing compound and a hand rub. if that fails, hit it with the buffer and apply a coat of wax.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:07 AM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Garage

I am pretty sure its actually scratches

I was actually gonna do the entire car today, but I have been sick and had a fever, so I slept all day. But I will do it on Tuesday and let you guys know how it goes.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-29-2008, 10:26 PM
Auto Detailing Moderator

blacksentra07 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassan View Post
I am pretty sure its actually scratches

I was actually gonna do the entire car today, but I have been sick and had a fever, so I slept all day. But I will do it on Tuesday and let you guys know how it goes.
If they are scratches, the only thing that will remove them is machine polishing with proper polishes and compounds. If you gently rub the back of your fingernail over them, can you feel the scratch? If so, then you'll 99% won't be able to completely remove them.

In the mean time, wash the car and dry it. Grab some good clay, I prefer clay magic if using over the counter. Spray and clay, be very generous with the lube. IF you run out, just use some water with car soap in it.

Then, grab a bottle of #7 professional Meguiar's glaze. It's one of the better glazes you can buy from retail stores. This is a very heavy filler and cleaner. It'll help clean and restore some of the depth to the paint. The filler will basically "hide" and micro marring and light scratches the paint has, giving the paint the effect of being freshly polished. The filler will gradually go away after a couple months.

Finally, protect your work with a decent wax. I haven't been up to date on recent waxes over the counter so it's your choice. However, with winter coming I'd recommend a synthetic sealant. IF IF IF you can find it, look for a product called Collinite Double Wax, I believe #476 (Don't hold me to it.) Basically any wax by Collinite is extremely durable. They got their name by being a marine wax.

That's most stuff you can get over the counter
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 10-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Admin

Garage

well, as soon as the weather cooperates, I will do this.....I started today, and suddenly it started to sprinkle......
Old 10-12-2008, 11:07 PM
Admin

Garage

Finally got to detailing the car today.

Never used a clay bar before. Honestly, I didn't see much of a difference, so either my car is not that bad, or I was doing it wrong. Basically, I was spraying the stuff I was supposed to, then going over it with the bar. This is of course after I washed the car.

I went over the car with the buffer several times and applied several coats of wax. Car looks nice now, except I have one complaint/question.....

How do you keep the fibers from the terry cloth from staying on the car when you are finishing?

I got 90% of the scratches out, but there is some I just couldn't get. Its all good, its a lot better than it was!!!!
Old 08-06-2011, 06:08 AM
Trying to be a Member

braim is on a distinguished road

if it is scratch than machine polish is good for this.
Old 08-06-2011, 08:36 PM
Bow down

Nismom has a spectacular aura aboutNismom has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Nismom Send a message via MSN to Nismom Send a message via Yahoo to Nismom
Visit Nismom's Facebook Visit Nismom's MySpace Visit Nismom's YouTube

Rub your penis on them.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:27 PM
The goggles do nothing

RIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really niceRIZAMAN is just really nice
Garage

^Doesn't work

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk
Old 08-07-2011, 12:52 PM

Magoo will become famous soon enoughMagoo will become famous soon enough

He said scratches not snatches.

Rub them with a McFlurry