Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS COMMUNITY > Auto Detailing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2008, 07:05 PM

icey is on a distinguished road
Default what do you use for tire cleaner?

i just recently started using black magic one step wet tire shine and it started giving me some bad results lately.

i went to the car wash the other day and their stuff was great lasted for like 2 weeks.

17" MSR
5% tint back
10% tint front
Umnitza 8k Fogs
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-12-2008, 08:03 PM

sergey85 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to sergey85

i my freinds uses this foam stuff where u just spray it and it cleans it, it a green can. i use it everynow and then casue i take it from him but just usually clean them at the car wash nothing special

2002 Maxima GLE Silver on Black | Berk Intake w/AEM Dryflow | Clear Sidemarker Lights w/PIAA L.E.D|Fibre Customs EyeLids | PIAA White Fogs | 5% Limo Tint | Brembo Blanks and Hawk HPS Pads |CATTMAN RSB| ebay FSTB | NWP VIAS Block Plate |

not installed:
Phenolic Thermal Intake Manifold Spacer Kit | 07 350z rims (needs tires)| OEM spoiler(paint)
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-12-2008, 08:33 PM
the black member

blackalti is on a distinguished road

good ol' fashion elbow grease and a tire brush, with meguiar's gold class soap....tire shine is the meguiar's hot shine tire gel, its AWESOME, but once it get's wet it takes away alot of the shine

2000 Alti Black Edition
theres a few mod's
Old 09-12-2008, 09:53 PM
Squirrel Czar

ManicSquirrel will become famous soon enoughManicSquirrel will become famous soon enough
Garage

i use titanium gel, it is either black magic or turtle wax i think. anyhow they make it in gloss and matte finish, it last about 2 weeks, excellent product.

the eagles also have perma black i nthe sidewalls, so they aren't hard to keep black

2007 3.5SL (with tech package) Radiant Silver : Nismo cat-back : Injen WAI : 35% tint : 19" x 8.5" Enkei RP03's/Bridgestone RE050A 245/40-19 : Eibach Pro-Kit Springs: PIAA plasma ion yellow fogs : stealth turn signal bulbs
Old 09-19-2008, 12:14 AM
Ticket Magnet

Jose3.5 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Jose3.5 Send a message via MSN to Jose3.5 Send a message via Yahoo to Jose3.5

Muguiers NXT tire shine is pretty good too. It comes in a spray can.

2007 Altima 3.5 SE CVT

Old 10-23-2008, 09:30 PM

m_turner_02 is on a distinguished road

I guess I am the lucky one here because my boss manufactures his own car washing/detailing chemicals for local distribution, and I can say his stuff is better than any commercial brand I have used. Tire cleaner, tire shine, wheel cleaner...his stuff beats the hell out of other brands. And I get it for FREE
Old 10-23-2008, 09:56 PM

really cause i dont believe u, send me a few bottles and let me test it on my car
Old 10-23-2008, 10:08 PM

pay for shipping and I would gladly send you some stuff...Kentucky-Florida not too far
Old 11-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sassan

^send me some too!!
Old 11-04-2008, 10:03 PM

Special has a spectacular aura aboutSpecial has a spectacular aura about
Garage
Send a message via ICQ to Special Send a message via AIM to Special Send a message via MSN to Special Send a message via Yahoo to Special

I use stuff from Dupont, it's like $5 at pepboys and works great, keeps the tires shiny for about 3 weeks.

Old 11-04-2008, 11:02 PM

if you guys are serious, and would pay the minuscule shipping costs, I would ship out some samples
Old 11-04-2008, 11:43 PM

how much for shipped to 40243. why dont u try and set up group buy or a group deal and see how many people u get. im sure people would pay some shipping fee to get some samples(unless its like a small ass bottle) and then get some later. i know my friend is always cleaning his car and trying to get his tires to shine. i mean ill try and get some of my friends to get some.
Old 11-05-2008, 08:25 AM
doesnt own a super nissan

Paul is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Paul

tire gel owns tire shine. tire shine usually flings off the car, but gel stays put, especially if you use an applicator pad.

I stand by NYTECH's tire gel.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
tire gel owns tire shine. tire shine usually flings off the car, but gel stays put, especially if you use an applicator pad.

I stand by NYTECH's tire gel.
tire gel is good, but the silicone based is still better, you just have to spray, wipe in, repeat. and make sure you get the shit off your rims, or you will have tire shine everywhere
Old 11-05-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergey85 View Post
how much for shipped to 40243. why dont u try and set up group buy or a group deal and see how many people u get. im sure people would pay some shipping fee to get some samples(unless its like a small ass bottle) and then get some later. i know my friend is always cleaning his car and trying to get his tires to shine. i mean ill try and get some of my friends to get some.
you want tire shine or tire cleaner or both...just let me know.

and as far as setting up a group buy, don't have the time or energy to try and advertise and promote...but I am willing to send some out there and see what you guys think and how it compares to commercial brands
Old 11-12-2008, 09:54 PM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sassan

I would pay for a sample.

I have found that using the same rag or towel and never cleaning it works better on tires too.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:12 PM

sorry, I forget about this site...as far as the tire cleaner and tire shine...if you guys want to pm me your addresses I will see about shipping some samples out

Sassan: please don't tell me you use a rag to clean your tires...

$10 and I will give you guys a sample of the tire shine and the tire cleaner(it SHOULDl be enough for 2-4 washes)
Old 11-13-2008, 11:52 PM

porschebk85 is on a distinguished road

I've used black magic, meguiars hot tire shine, and black magic titanium. But I actually bought a cheap can of Turtle Wax tire black, and that gave me the best results I've ever had. I couldn't believe how much better it looked, and how much longer it lasted.
UR Pulley
Royal Purple 5W-30 W/ K&N Gold Premium Filter
Stillen Sport Drilled Rotors
Hawk Pads
Pioneer Head unit
Pioneer x4 Speakers
NGK Plugs & Wires
Eagle Eyes headlights
Philips bulbs - White LED Rear Plate bulbs
TYC F&F Euro Tails
Racing Touch JDM Strut Bar
Old 11-16-2008, 08:30 PM

so...any takers, I need to get some samples out so I can get some feedback on what you guys think about my bosses stuff. All the interest until I ask for $10 to cover the product and the shipping...what's the deal???
Old 11-25-2008, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergey85 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassan View Post
I would pay for a sample.

I have found that using the same rag or towel and never cleaning it works better on tires too.
soooo....what happened to all the interest??? Did the $10 scare you guys away? You can trust me, I'm good for it