Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > TECHNICAL/RACING FORUM > Auto Detailing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2008, 12:02 AM
OCD Detailer

Leathe of Heaven is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Leathe of Heaven Send a message via MSN to Leathe of Heaven Send a message via Yahoo to Leathe of Heaven
Default Definition of Clean: '05 350Z 56k DON'T TRY!

Car came in to me with TONS of swirls. It HURT to see this beautiful black sports-car in such bad shape. But I knew I was going to be the one to bring this car back from dead!

Work began with a nice cold shower at 6AM using a 1:2 ratio of Meguiar's Gold Class Shampoo and water. I rolled the car back into the garage and got a better view of all the damage.
Clay-bar'd the car first-of.

OUCH!
Then went on with a LCC Orange Pad and Menzerna Super Intensive Polish. I love this product! It really cut through a lot of the larger swirls and left the car smooth! There was a little light marring but nothing a softer polish couldn't take care of.

The car was really coming back to life! Swapped out the orange pad for a LCC White Pad and went over the car with Menzerna Nano Polish. Another great polish! Leaves the car squeaky clean! Cleans up the clear bringing back clarity and shine! I don't know how I was ever able to detail without it.

Slapped on a LCC Gray Finishing Pad and went over the car with JetSeal109. Let that sit for 20 minutes, wiped it off and waited another 15 minutes then applied a second coat. After another 20 minutes I wiped the second coat off and went about re-applying PoorBoy's Natural Look over the tires/wheel-wells.
Then with another gray finishing pad I went over the car with XMT Carnuba Finishing Glaze which I let sit for a couple minutes before wiping off.
Then went on P21S! The car was ready for a drive!
Old 04-23-2008, 12:03 AM
OCD Detailer

Leathe of Heaven is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Leathe of Heaven Send a message via MSN to Leathe of Heaven Send a message via Yahoo to Leathe of Heaven

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-23-2008, 11:22 AM
Admin

Sassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to allSassan is a name known to all
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Sassan

w o w

nice job!
Old 04-30-2008, 11:02 AM
The original black Elvis.

Blacktop is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Blacktop

Nice work! Those before pics are a little worse than what my super black is at now. I've gotta get a PC.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-31-2008, 11:22 AM

fr0 masta j is on a distinguished road

awesome job!
Performance: Injen CAI | Nismo Cat-back Exhaust | OBX Headers | NWP Block Plate | K-Sport Kontrol Pro Coilovers | CE Rear Anti-Sway Bar| Racingline Endlinks | iRotors xdrilled/slotted Rotors | Hawk HPS Brake Pads

Exterior: 19" Axis Hiros | Stillen Front Lip | Active Tuning S2 Grille | Hella 7000K HID Kit | Blacked-out Headlights | SE-R Taillights | Strada Eyelids | 35% Tint | Debadged

Old 06-01-2008, 12:15 AM

sergey85 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to sergey85

nice z

2002 Maxima GLE Silver on Black | Berk Intake w/AEM Dryflow | Clear Sidemarker Lights w/PIAA L.E.D|Fibre Customs EyeLids | PIAA White Fogs | 5% Limo Tint | Brembo Blanks and Hawk HPS Pads |CATTMAN RSB| ebay FSTB | NWP VIAS Block Plate |

not installed:
Phenolic Thermal Intake Manifold Spacer Kit | 07 350z rims (needs tires)| OEM spoiler(paint)
Old 08-03-2011, 05:49 AM
Trying to be a Member

braim is on a distinguished road

wow its good and great work done.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Moderatin your moms!

Asleep is a jewel in the roughAsleep is a jewel in the roughAsleep is a jewel in the rough
Garage
Send a message via AIM to Asleep Send a message via Yahoo to Asleep
Visit Asleep's Facebook Visit Asleep's YouTube

how big are the rotors on that? same size as my evo rotors? 13.8?

RIP Elisa Lupe Katayama Dec 22 1953 - Dec 24 2008