Go Back   SUPERNISSANS.NET Nissan Owners Community > SUPERNISSANS COMMUNITY > Auto Detailing

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2008, 11:58 PM
OCD Detailer

Leathe of Heaven is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Leathe of Heaven Send a message via MSN to Leathe of Heaven Send a message via Yahoo to Leathe of Heaven
Default Definition of Clean: '06 GTO 6.0L 56K DON'T TRY!

If you have a problem with the pictures.. go away.

New owner, less then 15 days. Guy finds out about me from a friend of a friend and has me detail his car. Its a Torrid Red GTO, '06, 6.0L, slick car! My first impression of the car was that it was going to be DIFFICULT to detail since swirls are SO easy to hide. During the detail I also came to find out the paint had no metal flake, sucks! But it was still a very "POP" type of color.

Started out with my favorite product Meguiar's Gold Class Shampoo. The usual, two bucket method, microfiber wash cloth and dried with a Meguiar's Microfiber Towel. Then went over it with a yellow clay-bar (Mother's) and these are the results..

You get the point. The whole car was a mess! The color was bright but I knew the swirls were deeming it down just a bit. I slapped on a LCC Orange Pad and went with Menzerna Super Intensive Polish. I had GREAT results with it on the '05 MBM GTO so I knew it would be GREAT with this car!

Have I said enough how much I LOVE Menzerna Products? Oh yes, I love them!! Sure they're a VERY finicky product. Sometimes they love lots of passes, broken down to the point of drying, sometimes they'll start micro-marring after the first two passes, sometimes they just wont do anything.. but when you get the right combination on the right car.. the results are SPECTACULAR!

Some very MINOR hazing..

Happy with the results I switched over to a White LCC Pad and went over the car with the Menzerna Nano Polish. It broke down quickly and left the car squeeky (LITERALLY!) clean. It really brought a lot more depth to the color.

I have to get a new camera. This stupid thing is having a hard time taking pictures of a shiny car with all the reflectiveness. Hahah!

All of a sudden I started noticing TONS of hues of oranges, yellows, pinks in the color. It was great! Just walking around it would give you such a sensory rush!

The sun finally decided to show up so I rolled it outside and snapped a few quick shots.

Then it was gone.. sad.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:59 PM
OCD Detailer

Leathe of Heaven is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Leathe of Heaven Send a message via MSN to Leathe of Heaven Send a message via Yahoo to Leathe of Heaven

Then the batteries in my camera decided to die.. Ha! Finished the car off with a LCC Gray Finishing Pad and JetSeal109. Durability is a must since these cars aren't going to see any type of care for a while. Then with another Gray Finishing Pad I applied a layer of XMT Carnuba Finishing Glaze. The car looked great! Applied some P21S Carnuba Wax over that and it was ready to go.
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 04-30-2008, 11:08 AM
The original black Elvis.

Blacktop is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Blacktop

Nice work again. That color really does pop bigtime.

How do you avoid excess wax/paste in the grooves and seams of the car? When I wax my car by hand, I limit the amount of wax that I use and try not to rub directly over a crevice. Is that what you do with the PC as well?
Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 05-03-2008, 10:38 AM

amazingcodes is on a distinguished road

Great Work!

You are really good at detailing!
Old 05-25-2008, 07:35 PM
Rockin' it!

jayjaya29 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to jayjaya29

Wow nice job man!

Click to see more!
2000 Nissan Altima GXE
-Eccho's TB Spacer
-Hotshot CAI
-Vibrant FSTB
-UR Pulley
-Custom 2.25" Catback
-ST Rear Sway Bar
-Liquid Ink A-Arm Brace
-Hotshot Headers
-Spec-V Rims
-GC Coilover Sleeves on Tokicos
-Transmission Valve Body Upgrade
Old 05-27-2008, 10:39 PM
SuperModerator

Diesel Clown will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Diesel Clown

looks good. those things are fun to drive!
Old 09-03-2011, 07:17 AM
Trying to be a Member

braim is on a distinguished road

awesome, great work man.